65 coaches online • Server time: 18:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 00:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure some of you already noticed that FFB teams have changed slightly. After a match, the team will handle skill rolls as per normal, but after that things have changed.

Once skill rolls are dealt with, teams will be set to "Post match sequence" state, where you'll be able to modify the team as normal. You will also, if the team is eligible, have a dropdown asking you to select how many journeymen you want to have for the next match (although this isn't fully implemented yet).

When you are happy with your changes, you click on the "Ready to play" button and the team will move into "Ready" state. At this point, the team can't be edited anymore (and the journeymen you chose will be added).

Now, all this is sort of beta stage and because of the relative complexity of team editing, there are bound to be bugs. Please let me know if you find something that isn't working with your teams.

And finally.. I want to point out once more that the journeyman implementation is not functional. You will only see the dropdowns which effectively won't do anything just yet. I'll keep you posted regarding this.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just went through it. Wasn't eligible for journeymen (pythrr was too busy handing out BHs and KOs to help test this) but it looks like I got through the normal bit and am now ready to play again.

Good to see the foundation for how it should work laid at least!
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this addition very much, it will be nice not to have to calculate your TR, after journeymen are added, to find a good match-up on GF. Thanks Christer & keep up the good work. The site gets better every day.

~B

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

This is very cool.

Another thought: once in place, this will eliminate all those sneak hiring complaints that we used to get. What on earth will people have to whine about now?

[edit: donated in gratitude]

Last edited by pythrr on %b %19, %2010 - %01:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

there is always tthe almighty RNG to whine about. enter Spiro;)

on a more serious note this is a very good function. welldone once again Crister
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
This is very cool.

Another thought: once in place, this will eliminate all those sneak hiring complaints that we used to get. What on earth will people have to whine about now?

they can whine about how they miss lrb4

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so I did my postmatch for my undead team, Black Rock Raiders, & I hired one journeyman of which one was a skeleton. After being set to ready my team doesn't show the journeyman on the roster & when I put the team on GF it still shows as having only 10 men.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

C mentioned that it is not working properly yet. Does it appear when u start a game?

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

He did say that it isn't implemented yet, this is just the foundation for it being implemented, and the eventual hiring of journeymen.

I imagine in the meantime you hire journeymen as normal: pre-game.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, ok i missed that sinnyil. one thing that needs to be included imo is the option to use zombies as well as skeletons for undead.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Havent happened to me. But I cant help wondering if people will take retire team instead of ready to play?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

svemole wrote:
Havent happened to me. But I cant help wondering if people will take retire team instead of ready to play?

Luckily you get a prompt asking you if you are sure, when you click the Retire Team button.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

svemole wrote:

Well, that's a Darwin misclick.
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 10:32
FUMBBL Staff

Nightbird wrote:
ah, ok i missed that sinnyil. one thing that needs to be included imo is the option to use zombies as well as skeletons for undead.

Which is exactly what happens. It asks how many journeymen you want and also asks how many of them should be skeletons.
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 10:36
FUMBBL Staff

svemole wrote:

Actually, it's not even possible to retire a team which is in the post match sequence. I'll hide that button to avoid confusion.
 Jump to: