62 coaches online • Server time: 18:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What monetary system would you prefer in LRB6?
Petty Cash (according to rules)
42%
 42%  [ 54 ]
Banking System (vetoed by Jervis but liked by everyone else)
25%
 25%  [ 32 ]
Banking System but with 200k (less ristrictivy and still fulllfills the purpose)
12%
 12%  [ 16 ]
Banking System but with 300k {it's ensurance policy, coaches shouldn't be punished for planning ahead but there should be a limit at some point.)
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Banking System but with 50k (every sign of saving must be punished and just a few TV difference for so much isn't enough)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Money should fully count to TV!
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Implement the whole LRB4 monetary system! It's obviously better then having this discussion!
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Pie!
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
It's just so incredibly pie. No words, just pie.
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 126

PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think there will ever be a conclusion thread when it comes to this subject...This subject is the biggest hot button issue of the FFB client. It will be with us forever and pop up every few months for us to beat on some more.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You want some serious bite on team bloat.

Pull out your 2ED rules and reintroduce the rules for payroll. Dont make payroll, start handing out the dis enchantment points and see your best players leave your team.

now there was some serious bite to team bloat.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

nin wrote:

Now, Sinnyil is clearly not the devil's advocate here... he defends himshelf.

Honestly, I'm of mixed minds on the whole extra team idea. But I took the opposing position to what I quoted, which is what the devil's advocate does. Not necessarily my own opinion though.

I'm sort of a purist when it comes to rules, though I have been swayed on the bank idea at this time. But in the situation of the additional teams, I was just arguing for the sake of the argument itself.

Like say, you could make the argument that the point about Animosity being in the rulebook isn't really a valid argument at all (which is what I'm assuming you're garnering my views from, although I can think of other reasons you could assume to know my views on this particular situation,) as Fan Favourite is in the CRP rulebook as well. There exists no team or star player with this skill, nor is there any way for it to be added to a player as per the CRP. There isn't even anything about Fan Favourite in the document with the extra teams. Thus, the skills that aren't currently attributed to anything or anyone exist solely for the purpose of house-ruling in new teams, or house-ruling in ways to add extra skills to current teams.

I really could just argue against my own points with pretty valid arguments forever.

Edit: I like run-on sentences and parenthesis too much for my own good.

Last edited by Sinnyil on %b %21, %2010 - %06:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Pull out your 2ED rules and reintroduce the rules for payroll. Dont make payroll, start handing out the dis enchantment points and see your best players leave your team.

ha, yes. that rule rocked.

I'm being serious,
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinnyil wrote:
There exists no team or star player with this skill, nor is there any way for it to be added to a player as per the CRP.
You need a pretty professionally printed copy of the LRB 6.0 Handbook. That would fix that problem.

Tom
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Aw, I only have the cruddy apparently truncated version of the CRP I get off of the gamesworkshop website Sad

Though, if I recall correctly, there was a star with it...that you had to stop using because of some sort of copyright issue? And Fan Favourite could be added due to a specific type of cup/tournament. That's all my memory has for me now and I don't feel like digging Smile

But again, arguing for the sake of arguing, using just the CRP. Although I do like the fact that you poked a hole in my argument that I created to poke a hole in my other argument that I made just for the sake of raising the opposing viewpoint!
svemole

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Think we need to play with the Petty Cash system first, maybe a year out of beta. Before we can discuss changing it.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Gold farming will just ensure a team a longer stay at the high end of the TV scale.

I disagree, or would say it differently.
In the very worst case, you get your entire team killed. Without lots of cash, you are forced to field 11 journeymen. With cash, you can buy a new rookie team. Still, your TV will have dropped by the amount of skills you have lost.
Gold does nothing to protect your 76 SPP Wardancer, but if he is killed, then gold allows you to buy a new 0SPP Wardancer (reducing TV by at least 100k) instead of taking up a Journeyman (reducing your TV even further).

So, gold does not allow you to stay at the high end, but it makes the fall much softer.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
PainState wrote:
Gold farming will just ensure a team a longer stay at the high end of the TV scale.

I disagree, or would say it differently.
In the very worst case, you get your entire team killed. Without lots of cash, you are forced to field 11 journeymen. With cash, you can buy a new rookie team. Still, your TV will have dropped by the amount of skills you have lost.
Gold does nothing to protect your 76 SPP Wardancer, but if he is killed, then gold allows you to buy a new 0SPP Wardancer (reducing TV by at least 100k) instead of taking up a Journeyman (reducing your TV even further).

So, gold does not allow you to stay at the high end, but it makes the fall much softer.

Gold farming isn't going to help you when your whole team (or a couple of your keyplayers) get killed.
It helps you to be able to replace your reserve players when they die and with that helps you stay at high TV without getting low on reserves.
uuni

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:
You need a pretty professionally printed copy of the LRB 6.0 Handbook. That would fix that problem.

Tom
Yes, that would actually be quite nice and shiny. I am very intriqued by the though. Can you say more?
Metalsvinet

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If there was a 150k bank option I would have taken that... 100k is on the low side, as you can't save money for replacing wardancer etc. But again 200k is pretty high.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
PainState wrote:

ha, yes. that rule rocked.

I'm being serious,

Indeedy, I used to enjoy deciding who not to pay Razz

And from what I remember, undead used to use magic points, to keep their team annimated.
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

@Sinnyil: don't worry, I know the figure of the devil's advocate well enought, I was just startled by RedDevilCG's post with all the discusion I've seen on the topick.

@PainState: I know that majors are about much more than just monster teams, I was just pointing out all the fush in this forum about various teambuilding shortcuts and how goldfarming can become the topick of a whole new breed of 20+ pages threads.
And in some of those threads there are actually good arguments on how dedicated metagame teambuilding has various effects on majors.

Well, you can also view it this way: with bank rules, you can see some TV3000+ teams, but they won't usually be healthy and balanced and they give inducements too. With petty cash, it may be posible to build healthy and balanced monster teams that actually get an edge even with inducements.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Flat Entry for majors.

You don't need to save up for stars and wizards anymore. Why let people drag in piles of cash?

Once that's out of the way, who cares about stockpiling a rainy-day fund if it doesn't affect the game you're playing next.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2010 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So is this whole issue about the majors or something? I'm still not "getting it" why cash hoarding is a problem... :S
 Jump to: