22 coaches online • Server time: 08:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

talking about markings and RR's, it would be nice too to provide some mark for a team that has already used the turn rr

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Astarael wrote:
Entire screen gets a red tint during the blood lust move Very Happy

Seriously though, a wee marker makes sense although Vamp coaches could just pay more attention to their RR'd results Razz

I was thinking letting the player glow red, but the field is probably a bit too much Smile

On a side note: Why does a vamp that failed OFAB rolls does not need to dodge if he is in a TZ?

His opponent would not know he is leaving for the stands...

Well, I guess that is more in the direction of: In real life my minotaur...

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

A vampire that is leaving for the stands turns into a bat and flies away, thats why he doesn't have to dodge. Wink

Maybe we should have a sound for that action to, bat-wings flapping when he is leaving the field. Very Happy
Sinner

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
A vampire that is leaving for the stands turns into a bat and flies away, thats why he doesn't have to dodge. Wink

Maybe we should have a sound for that action to, bat-wings flapping when he is leaving the field. Very Happy

Hah! But why can't he use that to move around the field?

Btw. Sorry for the hijacking Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Because it would be against the rules of the game and he would be fried by the game-judges.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to sound like a complete pr*ck, but how about letting coaches think for themselves. If you have to reroll OFAB, then how hard can it be to just check if you also fail the second time? It's not like it can come as a surprise your in risk of having to bite a thrall.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Not to sound like a complete pr*ck, but how about letting coaches think for themselves. If you have to reroll OFAB, then how hard can it be to just check if you also fail the second time? It's not like it can come as a surprise your in risk of having to bite a thrall.

As a self-appointed spokesperson for people with bad eyesight:
You should make failed rolls stand out clearer in the log, or make it possible to use a larger font-size. It's not always easy to fast spot the failed die-roll when you're eyesight is poor. I think a small marker (like failed really stupid/bonehead) is a good solution and in spirit with the rest of the client.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Nighteye wrote:

As a self-appointed spokesperson for people with bad eyesight:
You should make failed rolls stand out clearer in the log, or make it possible to use a larger font-size. It's not always easy to fast spot the failed die-roll when you're eyesight is poor.

This I can agree to. Though I will still maintain if you are asked to reroll a diceroll to begin with, you should also be aware you might fail the second roll and thus check the log.
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

well, if you play with your sound off and have bad eyesite to see the text or icons, maybe we can get this coded in brail?
RC

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want a yummy -yummy sound sound the the ofab is failed. Or perhaps some lip smacking Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

the vamp should go red with BLOOD RAGE!

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:

+1
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

bxnyc wrote:
well, if you play with your sound off and have bad eyesite to see the text or icons, maybe we can get this coded in brail?

What about signed for the hearing impaired? I want a digitised slightly overweight mature woman in the corner of my screen waving her hands around.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

You get a pop-up in the old client and that works just fine. Clicking "OK" on a pop-up is hell of a lot faster then having to wait for some coach with poor eye-sight to figure out if it is a smudge on his screen or a failed OFAB.

So i think a pop-up would be the best solution
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2010 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
bxnyc wrote:

What about signed for the hearing impaired? I want a digitised slightly overweight mature woman in the corner of my screen waving her hands around.

+1
 Jump to: