52 coaches online • Server time: 21:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely there is even less reason to take passblock in FBB than there was in 4?

We have a whole bunch of new skills to pick from and most of them are more use than passblock. Also all the traits have gone so that opens up more skills for players to take.

Don't forget that you only can can 6 skills now as well.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the "Sure Feet" skill should also give a +1 to landing attempts on TTM moves.

Oscar Wilde
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing that makes passblock a little more attractive in the new rules is the fact that the safe throw skill is a little less awesome.

Still not going to make me get loads of them though Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
One thing that makes passblock a little more attractive in the new rules is the fact that the safe throw skill is a little less awesome.

Isnt safe throw now MORE awesome, not less?

You cancel intercept on an AG roll and you can keep non-unmodified 1 fumbles in your hands if you prefer, as opposed to just the former previously?
Astarael

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
22 Interceptions in 73 games (presumably some of the earlier games were pre-pass block. So not always a waste, just normally Smile Link

Yeah it can be quite helpful when well over half your games are against elves, but most people like a bit of variety in their diet Wink

Carnis wrote:
Isnt safe throw now MORE awesome, not less?

You cancel intercept on an AG roll and you can keep non-unmodified 1 fumbles in your hands if you prefer, as opposed to just the former previously?

Unmodified ag rolls sucks, it means for Ag4 it's 3+ instead of the 2+, and for ag3 it's 4+ instead of 2+. The holding onto fumble thing could be nice once in a while though. Would be nice if it worked on TTM Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

aye, over 80% of games vs. elves or skaven, passing-tastic. Not sure that one example means all that much. I'm sure we could find plenty pass-blocking players with 0 int too, doesn't make them great examples either!

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:

to bee honest i think safe throw has become better then before. its very unlikly that you will intercept a pass in the first place so that the part about ignoring a intercept on a agi roll dont matter much.the brilliant part about safethrow is that you you longer fumble the ball on anything else then a natural one. you get to keep the ball in your hands. say human thrower ag3 pass safethrow throws a longbomb. not your normal play but it happens. thats a 6 to make it accurate, 5-4 its inaccurate,3-2 your thrower keeps the ball in his hands, 1 he drops the ball. a thrower can now get rid of the ball standing in alot of tackle zones without much danger of it hitting the ground next to him. it will work wonders with dump off.
kwèk

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like a nice combo tough.
First you attempt to pass block, and if you fail (a dodge for instance) Thick Skull will help you to stay on the pitch.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You should be allowed to use j.u with p.b.

P.b is ok on a player with catch that can take dt.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
I think the "Sure Feet" skill should also give a +1 to landing attempts on TTM moves.

No add it to VVL in stead and we are talking. VVL already gives plus 1 on landing the leaps (which kinda is the landing - since the "leap-part always work)

Then Underworld all of a sudden would be competative in a completely new way Smile

Last edited by Thomcat on %b %21, %2010 - %19:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

And generally:

Pass block is not to be weighed on the amount of Interceptions.

Imo the amount of missed passes / catches for the opponents is much more the real way to think about it. That and (in combonation with tent or dt) the amount of failed "getting free after catching the ball" attempts.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2010 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Underworld are the best kept secret of LRB5+

Pass block is not.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2011 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd think pro elf catchers make nice pass blockers as well. With NoS they can give the -1 and still not suffer on the intercept roll, and with catch you get 2 shots.
I have a +AG pro catcher who I'd love to see with leap and pass block, if it were implemented.

Oops bad necromancy, sorry! =P
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2011 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

well, if u play vs idiots or people who dont read opp's skills - like Purp said - then it might be useful.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2011 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass Block is really primarily used to hopefully cause the passer or catcher to fumble the ball. But then again if you have a AG5 player with catch....hey now you have a 75% for an INT.

But for me it is a very bad skill because it fails my #1 rule skill choice. How many times in a match will you use the skill? Pass Block maybe 1 time in 5 matches? The use rate for the skill is so low that for me it is pointless.. Now I like fluff and all, I will not deny that. But I cant support taking a skill that so obviously does not really help you out in the long haul.

Thick skull? a skill that basically increases your odds by 5/36 to prevent a KO. Inless it is free or you are just dying to take a off the wall skill for fluff reasons, pass on that skill choice.