27 coaches online • Server time: 13:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be interested in doing BB 7's?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 12 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Sryder

Post 6 Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I just read the rules for the Blood Bowl 7's game and thought that might be interesting to do as a JAVA client. Maybe an extension or option to this one. I would be interested in running leagues with the 7's system.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sryder wrote:
Blood Bowl 7's

Who, what and where I hear them goin, the pdf rulebook for Blood Bowl 7 is found here
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm...it could set an unhealthy precedent (i.e. me finishing a game in under an hour - unheard of!). Seriously, it sounds fun. I'm surprised they didn't limit the number of positional players available to a team, or reduce the scatter of the kick-off (it'll go out of bounds a lot on that smaller board - maybe that's half the point...).

Could be fun, worth a try.

P.S. I see they encourage the use of a 'team rooster'...Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I like BB 7's and would play but I'd put it behind all these variants.
1. Dungeonbowl
2. BeachBowl
3. Streetbowl
(4. BB 7's)
5. BridgeBowl
Hopefully Ski Junkie can be convinced to add these variants or make Javabowl open source so other people can do it on his behalf.
quota

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Sryder wrote:
Blood Bowl 7's

Who, what and where I hear them goin, the pdf rulebook for Blood Bowl 7 is found here

You bet I did Razz Thanks for the link, it looks like fun, although it wouldn't replace "real BloodBowl" for me.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What's BridgeBowl?

I would probly like to try BB 7's out but I like to have a full team out there and not have an apoth thats saves on a 4+.
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular wrote:
I like BB 7's and would play but I'd put it behind all these variants.
1. Dungeonbowl
2. BeachBowl
3. Streetbowl
(4. BB 7's)
5. BridgeBowl
Hopefully Ski Junkie can be convinced to add these variants or make Javabowl open source so other people can do it on his behalf.

I think the Dungeonbowl variant is the one that gets most people all hot and sweaty. Maybe you should put it to the people, with a poll? I don't have the time, I'm emigrating tomorrow...
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one who thinks that that whole thing is just very poorly thought out? I mean really, they start out telling you to spray paint your board to play, then later on tell you how to roll the gate, only the gate has absolutly no effect on anything. It's like someone came up with the whole thing in a drunken stupor.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: