19 coaches online • Server time: 08:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gken1

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Casualty calculator in the lfg script should be a differential per game not total per game. It would make some teams more tempting to play like the Norse who cause some casualties but recieve just as many.
Legbreaker

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends if the index should indicate more than only the "fear-factor" of the team?

I think it should not, that Norse is on the wrong end of some casualties is known. The Cas-against average is more dependent on which opponents the team plays the most against, and of little extra interest in the lfg function.

Hope that made sense.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, perhaps on the team page itself there should be a breakdown for TD/g for and against and CAS/g for and against. There may not be enough room on to do it with lfg honestly. Looking at say 12 teams with just tr/sr/cas per game as now can be a bit tough on the eyes.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really use the cas per game ratio in whether I take a game or not. Always look at the team page reagardless if it is 6.5/game (like deathgerbil) or 1.2/game (my high elves). Cas are more a matter or luck for me or against me. I have had my dwarves carted off in waves, and I have broken orc armour like it was swiss cheese (no offence to the swiss players).

In fact, with PO now fixed and coaches like gerbil and wuhan not exploiting PO, cas per game could be removed from the lfg command.

Jump to: