46 coaches online • Server time: 17:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Throw Team Mate Land...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
did you prefer to play with (not against) the old or new khemri
Old
42%
 42%  [ 64 ]
New
21%
 21%  [ 32 ]
Pie
35%
 35%  [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 149

Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

[url=http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2696/07camryse.jpg]Image[/URL]

THIS IS A KHAMRI

THIS IS A KHEMRI

Sorted.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
[url=http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2696/07camryse.jpg]Image[/URL]

THIS IS A KHAMRI

THIS IS A KHEMRI

Sorted.

But is it the old or new Khamri?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the "I prefer to play never against Khemri" option?
HLY

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

as this is a I prefered the play with, not against thread, I felt that it wouldn't have been all to useful of an option to the question.

and thank you for clarrifying that error Calcium. I missed the spelling error in the title Very Happy
Ansbach

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2010 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the older Khemri were obviously better - they were broken enough that they needed to be fixed.

That being said, I do enjoy the speed on the new team - it's significantly easier to score with them now. I just think Decay was a step too far.
pongboy84

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

5 St. guys cant get block easy....I vote for oldies
Astarael

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Definatly LRB4 Khemri. As much as thick skull skellies are nice, decay is going to wreak havok on a player that can no longer get block easily. Sure they could take wrestle, but bleh!

LRB4 Khemri were at their prime (win% wise) at low TR/TV, now they've but hurt at their only good point. CRP Khemri are very close to not being worth playing.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the key to this whole situation lies not in LRB4 or CRP, but in the LRB5 roster which is the missing link between them.
LRB5 Khemri proved to be overpowered with almost no need to replace a mummy ever as they protected eachother combined with ageing gone. And when a mummy got killed, it did not take long to skill him up again due to them having mighty blow.

A post from another thread which i wrote about the matter.

Quote:
Khemri don't need a nerf in LRB4, the Khemri nerf is based on LRB5 test data.
There was a lot of other changes that made the Khemri becoming overpowered in LRB5 in the hands of a coach that were good at the positional play.

a few of those are:
- Worse apo and aging gone. Making regen far better
- Nerf of dauntless. Mummies have a better time
- Change of fouling game. One of the most effective ways to foul is with cheap linemen, skeletons excelled here.
- All Big guys got price increase, so less S5 players. Good for the mummies
- Claw changed. Made other bashers loose more, but with 4 S5 players with guard, the mummies were not affected and it was useless against skellies.

For you that did not see this, imagine the other way around. That Khemri wouldnt have been nerfed and within a year, we would have 40% Khemri coaches in tournaments, because they were the best at hurting the opponents while shutting down TD:s from the opposition. Winning 1-0 most of the games.
I don't like orcs, but having Khemri as the most popular team would be far worse for the game than having orcs there.
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate khemri and I am glad to see them nerfed. You guys who play them for fluff reasons can still do so and you who powrgame with them, LOL!

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:

THIS IS A KHEMRI

How is that a Khemri?
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I really enjoy the new Khemri team, both playing with them and playing against them. I've played 11 games and all have been very exciting. AG2 adds such a nice layer of complexity and just trying to kill everything in sight is no longer a viable option, although 4 ST5 pieces with Move 4 do allow for some domination. Decay hurts but they're just pixels, right?
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Old khemri sucked quite a bit as well unless they hired ramtut at low tr, or got the ref. Agility teams especially used to beat them very easily. New Khemri still suck, but at least they are not so one dimensional.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Where is the "I prefer to play never against Khemri" option?

Khemri are a great opponent! They fall into one of three categories:

A. noobs trying to bash stuff, mostly for fun. They're not going to beat you barring great luck (which can happen in any match), and often the bashing even fails to hurt you much.

B. Good players who try to maximize the khemri strengths to win games. It's a challenge, as they're not a great "winning" team. You're still likely to win, even against good coaches, and the wanton damage is often less. (note: they'll still foul a lot, since that's a sound strategy, but they won't cost themselves games making lots of silly fouls)

C. Psycopaths. These are good solid coaches who are out to hurt things. If successful, they can win, but often consider a game a success based more on the body count than TDs.

If you don't like khemri, it's probably C and A bothering you, but generally khemri are easy wins. For the most part, I like playing against them.

Reasons to like playing againt them:
1. Slow: you can run circles around them
2. Squishy: av7 aplenty to score cas on
3. Clumsy: lack of dodging and ball handling makes them predictable
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
I think the key to this whole situation lies not in LRB4 or CRP, but in the LRB5 roster which is the missing link between them.
LRB5 Khemri proved to be overpowered with almost no need to replace a mummy ever as they protected eachother combined with ageing gone. And when a mummy got killed, it did not take long to skill him up again due to them having mighty blow.

A post from another thread which i wrote about the matter.

Quote:
Khemri don't need a nerf in LRB4, the Khemri nerf is based on LRB5 test data.
There was a lot of other changes that made the Khemri becoming overpowered in LRB5 in the hands of a coach that were good at the positional play.

a few of those are:
- Worse apo and aging gone. Making regen far better
- Nerf of dauntless. Mummies have a better time
- Change of fouling game. One of the most effective ways to foul is with cheap linemen, skeletons excelled here.
- All Big guys got price increase, so less S5 players. Good for the mummies
- Claw changed. Made other bashers loose more, but with 4 S5 players with guard, the mummies were not affected and it was useless against skellies.

For you that did not see this, imagine the other way around. That Khemri wouldnt have been nerfed and within a year, we would have 40% Khemri coaches in tournaments, because they were the best at hurting the opponents while shutting down TD:s from the opposition. Winning 1-0 most of the games.
I don't like orcs, but having Khemri as the most popular team would be far worse for the game than having orcs there.

Whilst I agree this was the reasoning behind the nerf historically; I still can't believe for one second LRB5 Khemri were overpowered. I just don't see it, and I don't buy the data sources that are always dragged up either. I will admit my time playing loads of league TT was LRB6 in the main, however, so it's just paper talk to me.

This is an argument I always have with a good TT / PBEM coach when we meet up, he's in the 'too good' corner, I'm in the 'You must be on drugs'. I just don't see it.

However, it's all ancient history now, they are what they are! Smile Perhaps I'm massively wrong, but this is the one argument I'm happy to look at again and again, I think it's crazy!
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry...thought this was a thread on which model of Khamri to buy...my bad.