59 coaches online • Server time: 21:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I did some calculations on the bug-tracker.

Solved bugs: 61
of which 29 has not been retested and confirmed solved yet.

Duplicated posts: 79
Invalid posts: 42

Reopened bugs: 4
Open bugs 158
Among these open bugs, ther might be duplicates and invalid bugs, i try to go through them all as soon as they come in, but there might be older duplicates that i have missed.
There is also a lot of bugs which i have asked for further information on to be able to solve them, please check your old bugs to see if you can help us further in solving them.

I also want to take the time and remind you about the things you should check when reporting a bug.

Quote:
1. Check the Bug Reporting System so that the bug have not been reported before. If it have been reported and you have further information, please add that you the already existing bug.
Please note that bugs solved in an upcoming release is noted as resolved with the release-number. So maybe you have encountered a bug that have already been resolved, but the fix have not been released yet. In that case, you don't need to post a new bugreport. If you have more information on the bug, please add to the existing post.

2. If you don't find the bug already reported, please take the time to pick up the rulebook to make sure that the bug is valid. If it is not totally clear from the rulebook, please ask in the forum or check TalkFantasyFootballs rules board to see how the rules should be interpreted.
When posting, set a descriptive topic so it is easy to see if the bug already have been reported for future bug-hunters.

3. When your bug have been resolved, you will get an email that it is solved. Please note that the bug is marked as resolved as soon as the programmer have solved it in the internal version. This does not mean that it is released yet. So wait until next release and then retest the bug to mark it as closed if the bug is gone.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Good work Lakrillo!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

a search mechanism in the bug tracking system would really help avoiding duplicated reports

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
a search mechanism in the bug tracking system would really help avoiding duplicated reports

All browsers i have tested have a search-function for the page you are on. usually the shortcut is ctrl+f.

If people just write proper descriptive topics for their posts, it is easy to search for "sidestep" and then jump between all sidestep-related bugs.
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick post to EVERYONE who is helping to make the new client possible. Im no where near clever enough to do what you guys are doing and have done so far. So a big thankyou from me and most other coaches im sure

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Any idea when the next release will be and what new functions will be implemented? Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

great work as usual
On1

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, normally you can see that here:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=35867

atm no new update Smile
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Next release will be when it is ready, and i have some ideas about what will be in them.
One of the mayor things codewise have been some rewriting of how different states of a player is handled so that it will be easier to code stuff properly in the client. This means that there are a lot of things that needs to be gone through to sort out bugs this have caused, at the moment for example, if you fail a bonehead-roll, you will stay boneheaded the rest of the game, even if you manage bonehead rolls in later turns.

The pushback-code have also been totally rewritten so that chainpushes now work as they should, of course there are new bugs that are introduced by this that we need to sort out before it goes out to you.

So we have some work to do, and Kalimar have been totally swamped at his normal job, so it haven't progressed in the speed that would have been desirable. I am confident that the health of the client will be much better ones we have done some of these changes though.

There are also some new features implemented that are really cool.
asharak

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

possibly useful linky type thing for those with open/resolved/etc bugs:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&p=0&s=All&r=<your_coach_id_here>

This will show you all bugs you've submitted. So for example I'm here and can quickly see I've only one bug that is waiting on my action. As I think it involves what lakrillo was just talking about regarding player states I'll wait for next release. Could be good to get some of the resolved bugs checked and closed Smile

Edit: Yep, I know, I need to do more bug-hunting, weak effort etc :p

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

asharak that was pretty useful Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone want to test this bug fix for me? Laughing

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=342
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2010 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Update to this, changes to my last post is marked, we are moving in the right direction:

Solved bugs: 99 (+9)
- closed: 62
- unclosed: 25
- coming in next patch: 12

Duplicated posts: 94 (+15)
Invalid posts: 45 (+3)

Reopened bugs: 2 (-2)
Open bugs 154 (-4)
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2010 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

This bug report has been closed - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=331

Should this be working now? Or will this be something that is fixed in the next patch. (Just so I know whether or not i should bother testign it yet)

Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2010 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
This bug report has been closed - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=331

Should this be working now? Or will this be something that is fixed in the next patch. (Just so I know whether or not i should bother testign it yet)

Smile

Updated it to release-version 0.6.0
Think i might have missad that for that bug, or that i closed it as a duplicate.

The problem is fixed in the next patch. Smile
 Jump to: