53 coaches online • Server time: 23:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:

nobody, to this day, has produced a real fumbbl dice predictor, excluding ROracle's hearsay threads of people dicetheorizing....

seriously...less conspiracy theory, people....

If you don't accept my hearsay, how about SkiJunkie's?

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=226540&highlight=#226540

Or Christer: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=226497#226497

fair enough...that's some interesting statements there...

now...raise your hand if you actually know how to use a packet sniffer?....

i'd wager that about maybe 5%(and that's probably even too much) of the community knows how to use one....and they're a lot more complex than just plugging one up and seeing the traffic....

so ok, i'll concede that you may be accurate that a cheat exists....

with that being said....while ok, a cheat may exist...it's kind of a pointless cheat if nobody knows how to actually use it or implement it....

also not to mention that flaw was fixed 3 years ago, and hasn't been heard from since to my knowledge....so not really sure how it's valid to insinuate it's a current ability to cheat the system....

--j

ImageImage
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

so ok, i'll concede that you may be accurate that a cheat exists....

Thank you, I'm happy you're able to accept that you were wrong.

shadow46x2 wrote:

with that being said....while ok, a cheat may exist...it's kind of a pointless cheat if nobody knows how to actually use it or implement it....

also not to mention that flaw was fixed 3 years ago, and hasn't been heard from since to my knowledge....so not really sure how it's valid to insinuate it's a current ability to cheat the system....

First, I never insinuated that the program in question is still in use today. I merely wanted to illustrate that SkiJunkie's client was by no means invulnerable. If Rynkky hadn't disclosed his program to SkiJunkie and Christer, he could have used it as much as he wanted with little risk of being caught. Second, it's still possible to cheat the current JBB client, as stated by Christer and Skijunkie. However, it should be much harder and I have no reason to believe that anyone is doing so right now.

Finally, I specifically stated that this form of cheating won't work with the new client.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

now...raise your hand if you actually know how to use a packet sniffer?....

Yes, but you have to ask Spoony really really nicely.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
Flynn wrote:

hell, what about the dice-log thing where on the old cyanide game someone figured out how to view the dice chain so they could plot their moves based on knowing the dice rolls
you can't do that here

Yeah, you were able to do that here. Thankfully, it won't be possible with the new client.

just for clarification....i never stated that you said you could cheat with FFB....but that statement above can be taken as cheating is possible in skijunkie's client, without the context of which version...

--j

ImageImage
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
RandomOracle wrote:

Yeah, you were able to do that here. Thankfully, it won't be possible with the new client.

just for clarification....i never stated that you said you could cheat with FFB....but that statement above can be taken as cheating is possible in skijunkie's client, without the context of which version...

True, although it is actually possible to cheat with the current JBB client, although I consider it very unlikely.

Anyway, it seems I've caused quite a digression in the thread. Sorry for that.
Olesh

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
RandomOracle wrote:

True, although it is actually possible to cheat with the current JBB client, although I consider it very unlikely.

Anyway, it seems I've caused quite a digression in the thread. Sorry for that.

To be honest, most of this thread has devolved to us beating our chests and hollering our arguments repeatedly, so... Razz
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Olesh wrote:
To be honest, most of this thread has devolved to us beating our chests and hollering our arguments repeatedly, so... Razz

welcome to fumbbl?

--j

ImageImage
Gus

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The "interesting" thing is though that when it was foud out on this site it was fixed. When Cyanide found out about theirs they tried to keep it quiet and deny that the hole even existed...
regn

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny you should say that after 3 pages of an admin denying the existence of the hack Wink

edit: preemptive, redudancy: yes that was a joke.
pjbernard

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

all of this talk of R division being uber competitive is a little disheartening to me as i like to play this game for the fun, win or lose. sure i try to win, but not at all costs as that takes the fun away from my opponent who without i would have a very boring game indeed. the mind set that deleting ALL current ffb teams due to a few outliers seems a bit harsh. granted im aware that this was a beta and the teams had the gun pointed at their heads to begin with, but i was not aware of this until i scrounged through the forums and read about it. there was no disclaimer when i created my teams, but because of SOME teams they will all be deleted. where are these said teams? please some one show me a ffb team that is breaking the rules so badly that it renders all other ffb teams null.

im not trying to crusade for my teams or anything like that as in the end it dosnt really matter to me, this is just a game anyway. but within this same logic i fail to see the reason behind deleting all the teams. this is just a game anyway, and lets be honest, being uber competitive within a game where EVERYTHING is decided by a random dice roll is silly. the random factor of this game is what makes it that much more fun.

all im trying to do is present my viewpoint on the subject, which i doubt will be taken seriously. (but nothing on this site should be taken very seriously to begin with) Wink
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

regn wrote:
Funny you should say that after 3 pages of an admin denying the existence of the hack Wink

edit: preemptive, redudancy: yes that was a joke.

what admin denied the existence?

--j

ImageImage
TTS

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If we can't have FFB teams transferred to L, can we atleast have Honeyboy? He...he can't be retired! D:
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
this thread is lol

just saying

admin client admin client admin client! Spir0 was right!
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, so what? It only takes 20 games before your new rookie team has reached the same level as the most experienced team on FFB right now. Dont get so attached - stop moaning, start playing and everyone will feel a hell of a lot better. I mean Ive got 6 active FFB teams with over 100 games played between them, and yeah some part of me feels like Ive wasted some time with them. But so what, I had fun with them while they lasted and once I get some new teams I will have fun with them too. And they might even turn out to be better.

if there was a migrate to L option I would never take it up anyway, as I just personally cant see the point of a "non-competitive/friendly" situation. The best word for it might be graveyard IMO.
Olesh

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Ah, so what? It only takes 20 games before your new rookie team has reached the same level as the most experienced team on FFB right now. Dont get so attached - stop moaning, start playing and everyone will feel a hell of a lot better. I mean Ive got 6 active FFB teams with over 100 games played between them, and yeah some part of me feels like Ive wasted some time with them. But so what, I had fun with them while they lasted and once I get some new teams I will have fun with them too. And they might even turn out to be better.

if there was a migrate to L option I would never take it up anyway, as I just personally cant see the point of a "non-competitive/friendly" situation. The best word for it might be graveyard IMO.

That's just, like, your opinion man.

In all seriousness, though, I've played a bit of ranked and during the FFB beta I've played the occasional person from outside our little group. It was not as fun. I know my opponents; I know their quirks, their strategies, the fact that one of them takes every opportunity to foul whenever possible because that's just how he rolls, another one likes to score with kroxigors, and so forth. A victory or loss doesn't have the same meaning when it's against a complete stranger who may not say a single thing during the game.

We do bring in new blood; it's rewarding to be teaching them how to play and helping them improve their strategy. They're a lot more likely to stick around with a small community of experienced players actively welcoming them in and giving them advice and help and answering questions after and during games, not to mention rules referencing and version differences.

Anyway, I'm going to still play FFB for as long as I can convince other people to stick around. Hopefully not too many people leave.
 Jump to: