17 coaches online • Server time: 05:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
AG6: Keep or take some other skill?
AG6: 3+ dodges into cages FTW!
77%
 77%  [ 21 ]
Take Block: Better carrier!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Take Leap: Add block and strip ball or dauntless or horns or whatever later, bam, cage breaker!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Take some other skill (say below)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Take Pie, reduce agility with fatness and reduce fouling!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Enigma179

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So Muckup just earned himself a skill pushing him to emerging last game. Currently he has guard and +AG (that's right, doubles AND a stat boost), and against all odds he earned himself another AG boost.

Now my question is: Is AG6 really worth it? With AG5 he's enough of a target as is, but I don't know if the extra TV is worth the trouble. With AG6 he can dodge into cages on a 3+ reroll which is nice and all, but I could get him say, leap instead and hop in on a 2+ (Team reroll if needed)... or I could give him block, which I've been meaning to give him for a while, so he can be a ball carrier.

So should I go for AG6 or just stick with a standard skill?

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG for recovering balls from impossible spots. Run in, run out, give to another gutter, TD.
asharak

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

In lrb4 i'd say +AG but in FFB where you are paying twice as much as for a skill i'd rather see normal skills first. Already having guard I'm not too sure what to do with him though. Ideally you want a different player cage-breaking, with him leaping his guard in to assist. However, without a second cage-breaker you'd just be making a sub-par player in the meantime. I'd still be tempted by leap though.... it would make a VERY mobile guard!

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just realized if I get AG6 I could play super-awesome passing games: My thrower already isn't half bad (Sure Hands, Pass, Accurate, Strong Arm means Long bombs on a 4+ rerollable), but if I get AG6 this guy will long bomb on 3+, so this would be crazily useful. Also a fantastic reciever, still catching on a 2+ in 2 tacklezones. Of course, I would pull off that play a grand total of once before he would have his internal organs ripped out of him by a foul. I wonder if AG6 players make special sounds when they get RIP'd from a foul.

So overall, the most versatile choice would seem to be boosting AG, making him an all purpose ball retriever (3+ pickup in 3 tacklezones), dodger (3+ dodge into a cage, and more importantly can get out of trouble if surrounded), passer (3+ long bombs!), catcher (catching 3+ in 3 tacklezones once more), and assist (guard and the ability to get almost anywhere)

While Asharak's argument is quite true, I personally believe that being able to dodge that well gives me just as much if not more mobility (3+ rerollable is slightly better then 2+ for entering 3 tacklezones for example). Block seems like a realistic choice for keeping him on his feet, although for the most part the roles I listed above won't keep him in possession of the ball for that long.

I think AG6 will be my choice here, but I'll leave the decision until later just in case someone comes up with a better argument. I personally don't think he'll get fouled any more then an AG5 gutter would, and if he dies at least I got a decent chunk of TV back. Although I really hope I can last him until the team-wipe so he can have a nice peaceful retirement.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

imma foul him so hard
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

studman wrote:
imma foul him so hard

quoted for truth (and sense in this mad world of forum comments)
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember that a pass is fumbled on a modified or unmodified 1. So he will either fumble the ball or make the pass on 4+ (3-2=1 for longbomb)
Currently there is a bug where the pass goes to teh target and a turnover happens, but i intend to look into that soon hopefully.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

AG6 and Guard... on a ST2 blockless rat? He will die very soon.