53 coaches online • Server time: 16:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who should be made 'The Godfather'
Highest Ranked Family Member
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
New Lineman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Family Member of your choice
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
The Piemaker
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

cowhead

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

So here is my idea for a League

Omertà League

I would like to thank Kalminael for inspiriing the idea when he created this concept for a team http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21482.

Certain Families from all over ‘Tilea’ have got together to try and Control certain businesses around ‘The Empire’. They have formed a secret society of Blood Bowl players in a League known as Omertà with which to expand their power. Each Family wants to take their place at the Head of the Table and have one of their members named ‘The Godfather’.

All teams will be Human and each team will be made up of Representatives from other Families as well as Thugs from your own Family. Each Team will represent a City run by your Family, with the Representatives of Rival Families fighting for a piece of the action. Family Members will choose the Skills for their Representatives.

The idea of the League is to have a Family Member become ‘The Godfather’. If your Team finishes a Season above 300 Respect you will be able to name one of your Family Members ‘The Godfather’. ‘The Godfather’ will have to survive the next Season to take his place as ‘The Head of The Families’.

Team structures will be

4 Blitzer’s and a choice of 3 Throwers/Catchers plus as many Linemen as you want.
(The 7 Positional will be made up of Conscripts of the other Families in their League, the Linemen will be Thugs from your Family)

Teams can start with an Apothecary and one Reroll, but will not be able to buy more Rerolls until their family has earned enough Respect.

Reroll Respect
2 Rerolls 25
3 Rerolls 50
4 Rerolls 75
5 Rerolls 100
6 Rerolls 150
7 Rerolls 200
8 Rerolls 300

If your Respect drops below the required Respect level you will have to discard a Reroll.

Families will get a bonus Respect for raising their Members Ranks

Rank Respect
Conscript 0-5 SPP
Associate 6-15 SPP + 5
Soldier 16-30 SPP + 5
Caporegime 31-50 SPP +10
Underboss 51-75 SPP +20
Consigliere 76-175 SPP + 25
Don 176+ SPP + 50

If a Family member dies your Family will lose all the Rank Respect earned by that Player.

Families Ranks are restricted
4 Caporegimes
2 Underbosses
1 Consigliere
1 Don
If you get more than the allocated amount of each Rank, you can choose one to retire and hire an Assistant Coach for your Team. Once a member of your Family member becomes a Caporegime you can hire an Ogre. The Ogre represents a Bodyguard sent over from ‘Tilea’ to honour your Family. Ogres cannot be made ‘The Godfather’ and they do not gain Rank Respect.

The Leagues format will be Scheduled Weekly/Fortnightly games. There will be 8 Families in each League.

League Respect Scoring System
Win + 20
Draw + 5
Lose - 5

Families and Teams can gain Respect for good performances in games by Players

Game Bonuses
Completion + 1
Deadshot + 3 (3 Completions)
Touchdown +3
Hatrick + 10 (3 Touchdowns)
Bootlegger +5 (Interception)
Casualty + 3
Enforcer + 5 (3 Casualties)
Killing Spree + 10 (3 Kills)
Larson + 10
Perfect Larson + 20

A good way for Families and Teams to get Respect is to kill opposing Family Members

Kills Bonuses
Hitman + 5 (Kill Member of Rival Family)
Bonus Hits
Associate + 2
Soldier + 3
Bodyguard + 5
Caporegime + 5
Underboss + 10
Consigliere + 20
Don + 25
Button Man + 10 (Kill 3 people)
Genocide + 20 (Kill 3 Members from a Rival Family)
Regicide + 50 (Kill a Godfather)

Calling a Hit

If you want your Family can call a hit on a Rival Family Member by offering some of your Families Respect as a payment. Anyone who kills the Target will get the offered amount of Respect added to their Families Respect.

There is a Special Bonus granted if a Family member Kills a high Ranked member of their own Family
Fratricidal Bonus Hits
Caporegime + 10
Underboss + 20
Consigliere + 25
Don + 50

You can also lose respect if a Member of your Family Kills or Maims another Member of your Family or they Score a Touchdown against your Families Team

Negative Actions
Turncoat – 10 (Scores a Touchdown against your Family Team)
Knuckle Head – 6 (Injure own Family member)
Fratricide - 5 (Kill own family member below the Rank of Caporegime)
Dominicide - 100 (Kill own godfather)

At the end of a Season Families and Teams will get bonus points for having the most - Kills, Touchdowns, SPPs and etc….

Completions + 5
Touchdowns + 10
Interceptions + 5
Casualties + 5
Kills + 10
SPPs + 20

Family Names
Roccella - FreeRange
Borgo Molara - Kalminael
San Martino - zakatan
Raffadali - Shades_SteelFist
Favara - Cowhead
Licatta - BlizzBirne
Montallegro - Nelphine
Trapani - ttorvatn

Last edited by cowhead on %b %14, %2012 - %09:%Jun; edited 98 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeez, this makes some of my league ideas look simple. Confused

Some nice ideas in here, I like the whole respect system.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Massive fan of this, I'm in if you get enough interest. Used to be completely addicted to mafia.org... before I became completely addicted to FUMBBL! Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm lovin' it Very Happy

Count me in!
cowhead

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

2 so far Smile, i'll add you to the list

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to make a reservetion of family name? Cause I do love Borgo Molara Very Happy

C'mon guys, it's a great league idea, sign in !
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

this league sounds great; but.. humies?? I have to think about this.
tsjeppesen

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The league sounds like a fun idea. However, I don't fully understand. I have a team and my players give points to other people and I get points from players on other teams or how?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

question: how do replacement players work? I assume you simply buy them when available, and they have to represent the family that lost the player.

Further question:
How does a family decide which position they are going to have on a particular team? Is it entirely up to the team coach? (If so, is it a problem if, for instance, one particular family ends up being represented by throwers on every other team?) Or does each family say have to be represented by 4 blitzers and 3 throwers/catchers?
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

tsjeppesen wrote:
The league sounds like a fun idea. However, I don't fully understand. I have a team and my players give points to other people and I get points from players on other teams or how?

If I understood right, that's it. Your team will be composed by players from other families.

Their achievements will give you respect points but also to the family from where they belong.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalminael wrote:
tsjeppesen wrote:

If I understood right, that's it. Your team will be composed by players from other families.

Their achievements will give you respect points but also to the family from where they belong.

This, I think it will make you think about tactics more in a game, like do you want to score with this player as he'll give a certain family more respect. Or do you want to put your own players from certain families into dangererous situations hoping to get them killed in the hopes of weakening a rival family. Or do you go after other families players with their own player on your team to damage their respect.

Last edited by cowhead on %b %03, %2012 - %22:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
cowhead

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
question: how do replacement players work? I assume you simply buy them when available, and they have to represent the family that lost the player.

Yes you just replace them when you have sufficent funds

Nelphine wrote:
Further question:
How does a family decide which position they are going to have on a particular team? Is it entirely up to the team coach? (If so, is it a problem if, for instance, one particular family ends up being represented by throwers on every other team?) Or does each family say have to be represented by 4 blitzers and 3 throwers/catchers?

Every family will get 4 Blitzers 1 Thrower 2 Catchers and 7 Linemen if there are only 8 families, if there are 16 families then each family will get either an extra Catcher or a Thrower depending on the teams coach. So all families will be made up of the same members.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalminael wrote:
Is it possible to make a reservetion of family name? Cause I do love Borgo Molara Very Happy

C'mon guys, it's a great league idea, sign in !

Sure thing I'll put your name against them
Formengil

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Idea is brilliant but all that math is overwhelming. Yeah and I am really good at math Smile

So you have to try to get spp on your own family players and help opponents get spp to their "your" family players too. While winning them..

It just seems so random and not bb at all if you can't just go for the win at any costs.

Maybe if there were no humans only limit and bit streamlining in the rules..
But interesting idea Smile
cowhead

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2012 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
this league sounds great; but.. humies?? I have to think about this.

If things go well, in the future I may branch out into other races. But instead of Mafia Style Families, i'll do Skaven Clans, Orc Tribes, Elven Houses etc... But teams will always be of the same race to keep a level playing field (in the begining anyway).
 Jump to: