28 coaches online • Server time: 11:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2012 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops on the leaf. Looks great, at that size it could be either. Green should have told me leaf. Love all the ideas for the icons. Leave the hand out, probably better to make it look good.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2012 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Herders are done...
Image Image Image Image
Image ImageImage Image
Image ImageImage Image
Image ImageImage Image
Image ImageImage Image
Image ImageImage Image

...On to Chaos Halflings.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2012 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, had a tidy up of the general icon. Moved him down, moved the hand in a bit and I think it looks just as good. Extra man boobs didn't work. Gave him a voodoo style mask, it didn't work out any where near what I planned, but I really like the big mouth look. Thoughts?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Had a go at the Krox, not happy with it at all. However it's growing on me a little, maybe more browny colour I think. Like the very very old one.

Herders looking sweet.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2012 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

HM, thanks on the herders.

I really like that last one with the b&w face paint. Is that the big mouth you mentioned? He looks cool.

I would not go too crazy for the standard pygmies, just variations on a theme to make 4-6 icons. Vary up the face paint/no face paint, and some simple headdresses. And some skirts! Very Happy

For the 3 warriors, I would look at doing over-sized tiki masks. Those large rectangular things. You can style the paint on each like the animal. The augment the icon with leaves and such. I can whip up a template if you want.?

You said you moved him to the bottom, do you mean of the icon space? One thing to remember, is that the icons always centre to the 30x30 field square. So you need to put the player in the middle of the icon, centred top to bottom, based on head to toe. If you plan on having things like spears or headdresses, you make the overall icon size bigger, but leave the main icon in the middle.

Love the colour of the Krox. The only thing you might try is slightly darker shades on the body, and looking at the red chest area. If you can perhaps darken some of the yellow/greens around some of the edging the stomach will mot look so pixely/squarish. Maybe a bigger should pad? I would try layering a second 'plate' under the first, similar to some of the BoBs I did, or your new icon armour. Maybe make the arm weapon red too so the hand shows better? Then you could go to a more complimentary tone for the belly as well. I'm rambling now...

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2012 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, found some time to work on the Evil 'flings. They are still a work in progress.

Here is my start on the standard halflings. Still need some work on them, and to figure out what to do for headgear and/or hair. I'm thinking crazy hair and odd helmets. Don't want them to look like mini CDs though.
Image Image Image

The first Carver. Went with a really over-sized chainsaw. Nothing says Stunty like an accident waiting to happen. I have something fun in mind for the second one.

I'm mostly done the Head Carver. I just need to settle on the final bits of the skull face helmet and whether to go with a beard. I am leaning against any beard as 'fling just seem odd to me with facial hair. The one without the beard has chain mail, but I think it is too busy. The helmet is a modified BoB hat, which I think I will alter the central part to be a bit more like a CD big hat, just because he is the self-important leader. Big hats and little-man syndrome go hand in hand.
Image Image Image

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2012 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the shirtless chaos halflings. Previous versions usually had alot of what looked like armor, but with only 6av it made no sense.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2012 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I have the talent that WB and HM have but for purposes of just fiddling with the icons where are the stunty icons located that you both are using as your base for modification?

Just out of curiosity is anyone working on the gnomes?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I plan on doing Gnomes soon. Have some ideas for them.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

looking forward to seeing them, the work you've done so far is fantastic.

Is there a link to the original stunty icons? What about the stunty rosters?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I used the icon from the stunty pack as a base. Then Whatball adapted what I did to make it uniform. I then worked on that. As you can see from the evolution post above. I saw the gnomes you uploaded earlier, I think they need to be much bigger. Check Whatball's first post as a size guide.

Curious though, the eagle warrior in my pack is totally different to the eagle warrior fumbbl has next to your team.

Update from me:

I've changed the krox colour a bit, still not satisfied. Tried another face paint design for the pygmy and also started on an eagle warrior.

Really happy with the eagle warrior mask, but still working on the other parts.

I haven't done a grass skirt yet, I think this would have to be red, so will need to do some experimenting there.

Initiallly I planned on a (tiki mask is it), however I'm not sure where he will fit in, unless the star player will look good with one. As a normal pygmy, he'd look too special. Jaguar, eagle and crocodile warriors all are having animal specific masks. Hopefully the star player can take one though.

As for the sizing to the centre, I never knew that!!! Is that for all clients or just the new one? I thought it worked from the bottom!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey FreeRange,
Apologies for the short answer earlier, was on my phone.

The races I am planning on are:
Squig Herders (done)
Chaos Halflings (50% done the fronts, then sides)
Forest Goblins (Already have a good goblin template)
Cheaters (again, good template already)
Gnomes
Snotlings (fix up the three Trolls, maybe the pump and deathroller or whatever the contraption is)

After that, not sure.

If there is another race you want to do, let us know and I will help any way I can. As HM said, the first page has the height guide. 20-21 pixels is good for ST2, the Goblins are 22, but skinny. The fatter Chaos flings are 20 I think. I can help provide you with a suitable base file.

HM, looking forward to seeing the update. I should have CFling fronts all done by Friday night, sides on the weekend. Then on to the next race. Worked on the second Carver today, should be good for a laugh. Smile

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %27, %2012 - %02:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
As for the sizing to the centre, I never knew that!!! Is that for all clients or just the new one? I thought it worked from the bottom!

I started to doubt myself after you mentioned this, but look at a treeman in game, they overlap the top and bottom of the square evenly. I believe the old client may have worked bottom up.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Work in progress.

Image Image Image

Some more progress tomorrow. I've already changed the jaguar warrior a little from this pic and a bit happier with one of the 2 alternative wing positions for the eagle warrior.
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

@Whatball - I wouldn't mind trying my hand at the Eshin Adepts if you could provide a base file

Not that I think you wouldn't do a better job, I just need a new project and at the very least maybe I could get you started so you wouldn't have to start from scratch Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2012 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

FR: Will do, probably this weekend.

HM: LOVE them! Like the size (width) variations too.