55 coaches online • Server time: 16:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good FR!
I really like the eye patch and goggles on the other one.

Do you think the flange on the barrel would look better if it was more stretched like this? I can't help but think he is using a vuvuzela as a gun. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the icon itself, the gun/blunder not so much. Something is off, it comes off as very hmmm 2D.. Does that make sense?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall,
I think that version looks a bit too much like a funnel (like he's got a flamethrower instead of a blunderbuss).

On1,
I know what you mean, perhaps some shading/highlighting to give it depth?

FreeRange,
Maybe on the "bell" of the blunderbuss lighten it a little toward the middle and darken a bit toward the top and bottom to try to give it a more rounded/3d effect? Not sure, I'm not an artist, but I think that's how it would be done.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, given the blast size of a bombardier attack, a flamethrower style gun is pretty good too.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine,

Sharpshooters aren't Bombardiers...

0-2 Sharpshooter 60000 4 2 3 6 Hail Mary Pass, Pass, Stunty
Stunty Rosters

Although I really think they should have Accurate instead of Pass. They are "Sharpshooters" after all!

Last edited by Craftnburn on %b %24, %2012 - %16:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

hoo boy, you can tell I'm out of the loop today... but then again, they're shooting a large spiked maybe-rock-maybe-ball - having a large barrel works for that too. But less so.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

there's another thread to discuss skills

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The trick to make them more 3D is too alter the highlight to run 1 pixel higher and follow up the slope of the flange instead of through the middle. Then darken the lower flange and stock a bit more. Should do the trick.

I'm happy with either flange in the end, FRange's choice imo.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Zakatan,

We're discussing the Sharpshooter icon and how the blunderbuss should look and why. I just threw in the comment about accurate as an aside since I was posting the statline to explain to Nelphine about why the Icon should/shouldn't look a certain way.

But thanks for being self appointed forum mod.. Wink

WhatBall wrote:
The trick to make them more 3D is too alter the highlight to run 1 pixel higher and follow up the slope of the flange instead of through the middle. Then darken the lower flange and stock a bit more.
umm What he said!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, meant the barrel, not the stock. I'm happily a gun noob.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
The trick to make them more 3D is too alter the highlight to run 1 pixel higher and follow up the slope of the flange instead of through the middle. Then darken the lower flange and stock a bit more. Should do the trick.

I'm happy with either flange in the end, FRange's choice imo.

I went with the highlight in the middle of the barrel to give it a rounded appearance but I will try the other way as well to see if it makes a difference. There may not be enough difference in the color of the shaded areas I'll see what I can do.

I'll also think on the end as well, ,I do like the look of your longer funnel type end. We'll see how it looks.

Here we go, this is the last chance I'll have to work on them till Monday so I hope one of these versions does the trick.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's very close to perfect, but could the extended funnel curve out instead of just a straight angle? (I know I'm nit picking, but the rest of the icon is so awesome I'd hate to see it fall short in just one area)

I rarely see people actually take Sharpshooters on Skryre teams.. but this Icon could be reason enough!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good to me. There will be second update at some point to fix minor niggles, and touch ups can be done then.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

A change of wing for the eagle warrior, any better in concept. Also a slight change to the stomach of the krox.

old Image current Image new Image or Image

Old krox tummy Image New krox Image Image Image Image

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %25, %2012 - %17:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking good HM.