31 coaches online • Server time: 00:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the conversion has arrived and now is the golden shot for the Box. With the conversion the Box is popping and even in North America you can actually find a match.

Been sepcing a lot of matches and I have noticed a lot of non bashers have shown up. This is key IMO for the box. I have allways felt the biggest issue facing the box was the lack of non bashers who did not play. Not only did it scare off the non bashers, why make WE's if all you face are dwarfs and orcs, but it made life boring for all the regular bash teams, Iam getting tired that my dwarf team has now faced 6 orc teams in a row, in the box.

This is the time for the box to shine. IF coaches over the next month divert the majority of their open game time in the box it will give the div what it needs most. Some high TV non bash teams which hopefully lead to more coaches playing in the box because they developed some teams and have some "love" for those teams. So when the other divs get converted over they dont just shelv their box teams and never play them again. IF coaches play in the box for a month or so and like the box experience they will be less inclined to move on so to speak and not leave the box high and dry.

Once the rest of the sight goes FFB who knows how it will all shake out. But right now the Box gets to show off all its cool features and high light why it is a neat and diffrent experience from Ranked and League.

For me Iam liking what is going on because I can actually play a game in the North American Time Zone at night....Got my first team ready to go and tonight I will actually get to play a box match!!! I just hope in 3 months the Box does not revert back into a desert in the NA timezone. But Iam confident right now it will not.

Last edited by PainState on %b %18, %2011 - %18:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, except Cribble who plays dwarfs Sad

If only I had my Bombs....

With journemen there is no excuse not to play every team. you feel like. well except flings and ogres.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, I love the diversity of the new box, I have only played 5 games (won4 Smile which makes me like it even more lol)and I havent played the same race twice so far. Plus every opponent has been a good sport.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Non-bashers actually did really well in the old box, as bashers tended to build their teams ready to face other bashers.

The result was a lot of Rats and Elves being able to dodge all over the place and score a lot of TDs Very Happy
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hard to get to high TR though with squishies. Journeymen will help a lot there.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Squishy teams will always find it harder to get a bigger team value, simply because they're squishy! Having a big team value isn't winning though. Winning is winning. Very Happy
Igvy

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB 6 makes most bashers much less powerful. No RSC, claw nerf and dp nerf.
I'm not sure this will be a problem anymore.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins are now the kings of bashing!

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm NA west coast and my FFB experience has been quite mixed. I'm 2-5 on even getting enough teams for the box to schedule matches during my primary availbility.

Which IS slightly better than the old box, in which I went approx. 3-30.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Agreed, I love the diversity of the new box, I have only played 5 games (won4 Smile which makes me like it even more lol)and I havent played the same race twice so far. Plus every opponent has been a good sport.

Lucky you. I've played six games and three of them were against Chaos Dwarves!
f_alk

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

just wow:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackbox would be more fun if an IQ test was made before hand to sort out unfit coaches.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfit being those with high IQs? Last thing i need is loads of clever people playing againast me.
 Jump to: