54 coaches online • Server time: 15:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 16:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

After the transfer from B LRB4 to FFB, i noted my troll had has a race change and become a Minotaur.

Which surprised me. But shows that forced alteration is happening.

Yet i had a few teams with high ff, over 20. And they retained that FF. In CR(a)P rules the maximum FF is 18. So these older teams are paying a large TV cost for their now almost entirely useless FF.

So why not cap any team moving to ffb the same as ones that start there, and trim high ff's down to 18. They'd still start with a gimping dissadvantage, just not as silly as one as they otherwise might.

The three old, succesful and some even say legendary teams i want to bring over to R FFB have ff of 21, 22 and 27.

Now i accept that that hobblingly high ff will mean they lose ( but so would ff 18.) a lot more as the ff doesn't punch its TV weight, and hence will self correct over time, but that would be a long hard and painful road.

Cap at 18. There is still a penalty of overly high ff, just not the absurdly high one those teams that have had successful careers face now.

(this is probably all my fault for offering +1ff as a standard prize for tourney wins, that policy is under review)

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %23, %2011 - %16:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I support this. And +ff as tournament prize should be removed yes, more a burden then a prize Very Happy
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the conservative approach is fine. You just need to lose / draw a couple of games and it will come down, don't worry. Smile

Oscar Wilde
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

Capping FF at 18 for teams transferring into LRB6 sounds like a good idea to me.

BUT ... I think those teams should have to make up some fluff in their bio about a load of fans getting killed in some horrible (but amusing) accident Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
cmelchior

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, it isn't _that_ large a handicap, you give up 100k if you have eg. 28 compared to 18. Also it gives a better chance of getting +2 Fame, which is kinda huge on a lot of the kick-off results.
But apart from that, I understand the sentiment if you want competitive teams. So reducing to 18 seems fair.

Last edited by cmelchior on %b %23, %2011 - %16:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Chingis

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If teams pay TV for doubled-up skills they can't use, why shouldn't they pay TV for FF they can't use? It makes sense to change none or both of those situations.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually like that transferred teams have a disadvantage. Personally I was in favour of a complete reset as that would make the FBB client a great source of data when looking at the balance of the crp rules. As it stands the results are skewed by having teams built for an old ruleset.

Also it will encourage people to actually play games with the transferred teams to get rid of the excess FF and out of date players rather than sitting on a perfectly pimped team until the next major comes along.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
(this is probably all my fault for offering +1ff as a standard prize for tourney wins, that policy is under review)

Isn't this what Fan Favorite is for now?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
I actually like that transferred teams have a disadvantage. Personally I was in favour of a complete reset as that would make the FBB client a great source of data when looking at the balance of the crp rules. As it stands the results are skewed by having teams built for an old ruleset.

Also it will encourage people to actually play games with the transferred teams to get rid of the excess FF and out of date players rather than sitting on a perfectly pimped team until the next major comes along.

Totally support spubbbba's points.

This would appear to be a fair and fitting price for being able to transfer grandfathered teams into an FFB-environment.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 17:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So teams that have been rewarded for success should be punished for it.

Where as unsuccessful teams should have no penalty.

If you really see this as a fair penalty for transfering teams to ffb, then maybe all transfering teams should be set to ff27.

Sour grapes much?

i still say 18 ff IS a punishment. But 27?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

With ff 27 you will most likely win the FAME roll and have a good chance to get +2 FAME, which will give you huge advantages on the kickoff table and also get you 20k winnings, negating spiralling expenses quite much.

Teams with that amount of FF will be able to keep their team up at a higher level longer although they pay for it by giving away inducements.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering how people jumped on me about how much efffort the implementation would be for suggesting it would be nice to get a pm from the bot at activation time this seems like a remarkably unimportant thing to worry about.

If Christer was going to make asecond pass at the team conversion script I'd be much more interested in seeing double skills removed/changed and Nurgles get a few Presties for their beastmen (that's a really crippling effect though I've actually suffered more from SF getting nerfed). I don't see either happening though.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
I actually like that transferred teams have a disadvantage.

And I'm perfectly happy to pay that price for wanting to keep my hundreds of games old teams!

I don't really mind what happens to my FF. I don't win anywhere near enough for the problem to last anyway Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not that successful grandfathered teams wouldn't have enjoyed huge advantages that should more than make up for some points of TV anyway... Rolling Eyes

Keeping high FF is actually a smooth and elegant way to somewhat keep in check those teams which would hardly have been possible to develop in an FFB-environment.

On top of that, it would be somewhat unfair to those of us who already played with their old teams and suffered from inflated FFs.

The call has been made (a good one imho), life goes on and everything will sort out eventually.
Astarael

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
So teams that have been rewarded for success should be punished for it.

Whilst it might seem like punishing success, they're also the teams that need an even playing field less. If you've been that successful then a slight disadvantage is overcomeable.

I can see why people would want this, but it feels to me to be over complicating things, just like with redundant skill picks.

It's a self-policing problem therefor I don't see why extra effort should be made on its behalf, just my views.

Note: I also have teams above 18FF, though none as high as 27. One at each of 19, 20 and 21.