31 coaches online • Server time: 08:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ginocoolowski

Post 4 Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

So I apologize to my opponent from my return to Fumbbl last night as it took over an hour to play the game because of the clients VERY slow and choppiness. The client also crashed a number of times unexpectedly. Luckily I was able to just click play again and get the game right back (thats neat! Very Happy).
So here's the deal.
I have Java 6 with update 23
and I am on windows XP Pro
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had the exact same problem in 3 games I have played. One of them today against totem in the first half he kept dropping and then in the second half I kept dropping so we had to abandon the game because it took 1 hour 30 minutes to reach the second half.

The problem definately isnt to do with either of our internet connections as we both have fibre optic BB 20 meg downstream.

and I am on windows XP

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

And me too Confused On 6 matches 5 crashes, one totally bugged.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.

Last edited by spiro on %b %26, %2011 - %00:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Another good reason not to even think of enforcing the "time out" feature until issues like this are resolved.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

No issues at all, so far. Are disconnects with other things aregular problem for you folk? Has the client been getting worse with increased use?

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

My opponent and I each had a strange random "crash" in our last game for no apparent reason, so I would confirm this is happening.

On the plus side, disconnections are handled so well, it was hardly a problem at all!

Oscar Wilde
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Have had two games where the entre screen just up and disappeared...not freezing or laggy just playing one sec then poof it's gone with no warning. The second of the two games it happened to my opponent at the same time as well. Both times we got right back in but it was odd that there was no warning it all from lag or something. Only other problem was one game where my opponent DCed about 20 times but that really seemed to be only him or his connection. Does sound like the frequency of the DCs are proportionate with the increased play though which can be expected.
malibumike71

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2011 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I too have been having prob;ems lately.IVe had the screen freeze multiple times and have to re load. I have windows xp and not sure what java i use.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

captainmalkor wrote:
Have had two games where the entre screen just up and disappeared...not freezing or laggy just playing one sec then poof it's gone with no warning.

Yeah that is what happened to me.

Oscar Wilde
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So far, all of you guys are using XP...

I get random drops now and then too, but it really is no biggie as it takes 10 seconds tops, to get back in the game. I never had any issues with lag.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The strangest thing was when I had a replacement videocard, Java would spike to 60% cpu. Everything in FFB would load very slowly and it was nigh unpossible to play. Now that I have a new videocard Java is playing nicely. You'd think the videocard wouldn't have anything to do with Java but it did solve my problem...

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I have had the exact same problem in 3 games I have played. One of them today against totem in the first half he kept dropping and then in the second half I kept dropping so we had to abandon the game because it took 1 hour 30 minutes to reach the second half.

The problem definately isnt to do with either of our internet connections as we both have fibre optic BB 20 meg downstream.

and I am on windows XP

+1 ... no acctually i have update 22.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

http://forums.java.net/node/680586

Does that help diagnose it at all...IE, are your graphics cards NVIDIA ones?

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo, I see you are still trolling Smile

I have Windows 7, Java 6, update 23, and I get "dropped" too. The game freezes and if I wait long enough, or click show desktop several times I can unfreeze it. I can hear the game playing, just the client is not updating what I see. If I let my opponent finish his turn, I can end task and restart with no issue.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
No issues at all, so far. Are disconnects with other things aregular problem for you folk? Has the client been getting worse with increased use?

No, I have no disconnection problems with anything other than FFB. Ski junkies Client still works fine, it is just the new client.

Hitonagashi wrote:
http://forums.java.net/node/680586

Does that help diagnose it at all...IE, are your graphics cards NVIDIA ones?

Nope mines not NVIDIA.

Quote:

+1 ... no acctually i have update 22.

Is it possible this is happening when one person is using java 6 update 23 and the other person is usin update 22, because Totem and I had a game that lep dropping and as you can see from the above post he had 22 and I have got 23?[/code]