50 coaches online • Server time: 14:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, that's very good!

I think width of image is your only issue.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I m guessing you mean it is too big?

I'm at work till 8 tonight so once my boss goes home I'll sort all the images out, some of them are very old like the divisions one and also I will upload them all to fumbbl so they are not being hosted elsewhere because sometimes images being hosted at image shack and photo bucket etc... get deleted after X amount of time.

Is there anything else from the main page that needs changing or adding?

I was thinking should we move all the LRB4 specific stuff under a new League LRB4 section for now so we can remove all the clutter?

Last edited by Garion on %b %28, %2011 - %17:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont' know if this is in our hands to change, but with the uprising of the widescreens it would be nice to enlarge the width of the text area too. It does look ridiculously thin in my computer. It takes less than one third of my screen width.

Also, i don't know if there's a way to center the images. I tried to find it but failed. The big screenshot would look just much better if it were centered, even being so much bigger than the text area...

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

Also, i don't know if there's a way to center the images. I tried to find it but failed. The big screenshot would look just much better if it were centered, even being so much bigger than the text area...

For some reason this is done automatically on interent explorer 6 and the text area also auto adjusts depending on the monitor size but all subsequent browsers make it look the way you see it. I will center it though using the wiki tags.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

just tried with iExplorer and it does autoadjust the text area width, but the text itself takes still the same space :S

that is, most of the text area stays empty in widescreens even using iE

with FF and Chrome it justs looks thin and with plenty of wasted space :S

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup and on a phone it just looks a complete mess I'm not sure why, its too complex for me. Also the Wiki tags dont work for centering that picture. I dont know why. But the Wiki code that fumbbl uses isn't the standard wiki code.

I think this sort of thing is stuff only Christer will be able to do.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
But the Wiki code that fumbbl uses isn't the standard wiki code.

Captain obvious Wink Fumbbl uses a WikiModule, so called phpWiki I believe.
Read the Wiki Wiki Help
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I hope that doesn't catch on Wink

Well I tried to find out how to center using post nuke code but it seems as though it can only be done with a mix of HTML and Wiki code, Im probably wrong though, which doesnt work on fumbbls wiki pages.

I also found out that development has stopped on PostNuke and it is no longer recommended for use due to many security issues Sad which is a little concerning. It is also no longer supported and they recommend migrating to Zikula (i think this is what the Naf use).

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2011 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
one tiny note about pictures. Wouldn't it be better to upload them in the FUMMBL galleries and link them from there, instead of external sites. I'm thinking of what happened in the forums or a possible failure or deletion of the pics on photobucket or others.

Uploading the images to fumbbl then using them in the user guide doesnt work either Sad. I think its because the file type does not end .jpg etc... so I don't think there is a way of using the images we keep on site in the user guide unless anyone knows a way around this ?

Below is the picture from this help section - http://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp
https://fumbbl.com/i/330713

normally all you need to do is this [https://fumbbl.com/i/330713] and the image will be displayed in in the help guide but because it doesnt end as an image file it is not recognised as an image and just remains a link.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2011 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
normally all you need to do is this [https://fumbbl.com/i/330713] and the image will be displayed in in the help guide but because it doesnt end as an image file it is not recognised as an image and just remains a link.

Just use
Code:
[img]https://fumbbl.com/i/330713[/img]
instead
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2011 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

doesn't work

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2011 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm you are right, that just works in the forum...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2011 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I just did a really swift touch up to the QSG to indicate Ranked is as ready for FFB as B. Just a couple of sentences here and there.

Any issues spotted, feel free to tinker! Smile
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2011 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I notice there are no details on the rosters in the help section that their used to be ie Humans. 0-4 Bltizers 90k GS etc

Is there a reason for this or can I start adding them?

Can I add my own choices to the skill suggestions as well, the High Elf one is totally wrong in my opinion but I wouldnt want to overwrite someone elses work

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2011 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

There is it is here
http://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy
all done but look through it because it is very sparce

edit: tinker with it as much as you want. Most of it was just copy and pasted from BBTactics so blame coach lol Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Garion on %b %02, %2011 - %13:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: