38 coaches online • Server time: 12:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Vendictar

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I upgraded my Java but I still have a problem. Is it possible that this is due to me running windows ME?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I am having the same problem. with 7.0 I got the dialog window to opt for a game or spectate etc. updated to 7.3c and now no startup dialog, just a blue space for the board, and two empty teams. Updated java to 1.4.1_03 and updated the bloodbowl shortcut, still no luck. anybody have an idea what to do?

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

just thought id say i was having troubles installing the new JRE but i gave it a little time to install ( 30 minutes) and it now works so yay me Smile

just incase anyone else thinks its taking to long and isnt working, it probs is just taking a lot of time so chill have a coffe and wait Smile
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Redskins311 wrote:
I upgraded my Java but I still have a problem. Is it possible that this is due to me running windows ME?

I'm using ME with no problems... JDK 1.4.x

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

well, installed the 1.4x but nothing more works 7.3c as 7.0....

At first had no startup, now it just stop connection during loading with a java exeption : connection refused...
Spent one hour trying to configure all that but it's still not working, if any has a clue (other than a firewall that i do not have....)
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you upgraded your java and are still having problems, make sure the older version of java has been uninstalled. Go to add / remove programs and uninstall all but one version of java. I used to have both 1.4.1_01 and 1.4.1_03 on my system and wierd things would happen. When I tried double clicking any jar files it would try to use 1.4.1_01 to run the program. It would only use 1.4.1_03 when I launched java programs from a command line. Once I uninstalled 1.4.1_01 double clicking jar files started working properly again.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Vendictar

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I checked, and I DID have old versions. I got rid of them, and it works fine now. Thanks so much SkiJunkie. Not only did you make an awesome program, you helped me get it to work! Hats off to you!
 Jump to: