55 coaches online • Server time: 19:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you agree that git is a pointless skill?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 86 ]
No
47%
 47%  [ 99 ]
Pie
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 210

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes of course? But that has no relevance to fouling. People rarely foul as much as they should with a dp, but if they have SG they tend to play as they should.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Consider, you roll 4+4 vs av8 and you have dp+sneeky git.

You could choose not to use dp, and sneeky git would stop you from being sent off.

Which isn't a bad plan, most of the dp's power comes from having the +1 to the injury roll.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a humongous Sneaky Git fan. There are teams that still benefit from a heavy fouling approach, but they tend to need to pick up a double for SG, and then it seems a bit of a reach with other cool skills waiting on a double. I’m not sure how many teams really see SG as a skill they currently need, outside of stunties or on a really dedicated fouler like that Rotter Carnis posted. I think lots of teams benefit from a really dedicated fouler like that still, it’s just time and energy getting one, you know? Fouling, as Jimmy has said above, isn't the totally pointless idea some now sort of seem to think it is, but as I build teams I always seem to find a more pressing use of a skill roll on than the fouler I'd eventually have in an ideal World. SG is just that little bit too crap to force me to bump it up the list. If I'm going to do it, I may as well bite the bullet and DP.

It’s interesting Diving Catch has been brought up - that’s a skill I’d not ever pick (like NOS or Strong Arm or whatever, it would involve seeing passing as anything but a panic last ditch option), but when it’s given free on Slann, it gets use because it's there. Maybe SG could have been a stunty positional free skill on Gobbos, like Goblin Cheaters. Or just bumped a bit somehow so that it's not so much of an also-ran.

Anyway, long way of saying, not much of a fan.
cthol

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick should also stack with DP to give an extra +! to armour / injury rolls on fouls. I think it used to in an earlier edition.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

In 2nd Ed all kickers could boot people and mighty kick made you better at it, it's a good idea to combine them in some way I think.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You roll 1,1 on AV and then see if you are happy to have it Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i would still take GD on a lineorc double. just sayin.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs probably would benefit of a couple gobbos to ramdonfoul anithing that piles on a greenskin no matter the assists and positioning... just sayin :p
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to use Sneaky Git when the result I am looking for is a Stun and if the player I fouled leaves the Pitch all the better. By keeping an opponents player on the ground with a Stun I give my team a better chance to win the Blocking War on the next turn. Getting an On Pitch Player Advantage is worth it even if for only a few turns.

It can also help me to gain some Field Position depending on in game circumstances.

Putting it on a player who can be supported by enough Guard is good too. My favorite player with Sneaky Git is a Longbeard who also has Guard. If there are no juicy foul option he just holds his place in line. But sometimes when that War Dancer jumps into your cage and you can take him down and Foul him out of the game without getting tossed out it's good to have.
PorkSol

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like the skill itself isn't that bad, I wouldn't mind it on a dedicated fouler if he could get it for 20k.

But it's really awkward because most foulers need a double for it and at 30k it costs 75% as much as another zombie.

You're still going to have those games where your first foul is a stun and you're sent off immediately, but now you've lost a 90k player instead of a 60k player.
Sweet-Zombie-Jesus

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2011 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
...mighty bro-love...

I have love for the mighty bro!

On topic, I guess it just lets you foul recklessly. I haven't thought of putting it anywhere near my Underworld Goblins, but then again, then never live long enough to gain a skill. If we are talking about TV efficiency, Goblins are like Skaven. 0 Skills gives away 0 TV to your opponent to take them off the pitch with a mighty bro!

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2011 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

all skills are designed to turn failure into success in some way.... except for sneak git, which turns failure into less failure, its a waste of TV for any player.

Kick off return gives it a run for its worst skill ever money though

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2011 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Kick of Return, It helps you get to the ball and secure it much quicker, even against teams with Kick.

As for Sneaky Git, it's a skill that lets you foul pretty much every turn that someones on the ground while seriously limiting the chances of getting sent off. The more assists you get the less effective it is but that's fine. My Snotlings with Sneaky Git love it. Using Sneaky Git is a second chance to roll armour on someone even after they're down with little risk to yourself which is awesome. Smile
dermatu

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2017 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

everyone should have sneaky git + brutal guy on the team
Medon

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2017 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras did the math on sneaky git in one of the previous grotty little newspapers. Conclusion: SG serves no purpose at all and only weakens your team. Proven by algebra. Q.E.D.
 Jump to: