44 coaches online • Server time: 15:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vicius

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2011 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Found another bug for vamps

2.-Hyp gaze - Dumpoff: I Hypnotized a catcher, then blitz the carrier who use dumpoff to pass the catcher i hypnotized.

Game Frozen, cant do anything, cant timeout, cant end turn

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=788

Interpretation: Never try to pass the hypnotized player.
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
@vicius: The point as I remember was, that the usage of Side Step is a part of being Pushed and being Pushed was understood to not being voluntary.

Now, consider, if the sidestep player also has stand firm, then he has the option of using stand firm to stay still, and in that case getting pushed is not an involuntary action, it is a voluntary one, and therefore sidestep shouldn't work when hypnotized for any player who has stand firm and refused to use it Razz Confused Laughing Wink
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

A new case has to be mentioned, as it made my opponent feel like being cheated when it happened, and confused me a bit since i had always avoided interceptions when facing it against me.
I've asked Vicius for his point of view and he solved the problem brightly:

ACTION: Bloodlust failed on a Pass action, with an interception chance for your opponent

BUG: the opponent cant choose to intercept without freezing the game, he has to rejoin and choose not to do it.

Interpretation: before choosing the pass target make Bowlbot roll a d6 in the public chat. If the interception was going to happen then pass the ball to enemies. No spps for them, nor its sure they'll catch the ball, but at least turnover comes for the passing team.

In case of fumble it wont be the best, but still something.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 22:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

That is a good solution to the problem, and it's the same one harvestmouse and I discussed after that match.
vicius

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Just got an awesome bug with ofab, so BIG one

9.-Vamp blitzes in ofab, oppo disco, when rejoin vamp dissapear cause didnt ofab

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=924

Interpretation: Oppo should end turn, this bug could be used so much and proly is the worst one

It could be so easyly abused, just disco when oppo fail an ofab and noone could know if it was a purposed disco or not, really BIG bug, dunno if ma interpretation is the best to avoid it
RC

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a fun one today.. frenzy blitz with ofab. Block player and instead of biting a thrall ... he blocked the thrall instead. Even though it was prone.. got a 1d pow Very Happy.... wonder what would have happened if it was a skull Very Happy
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3192170

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:
I had a fun one today.. frenzy blitz with ofab. Block player and instead of biting a thrall ... he blocked the thrall instead. Even though it was prone.. got a 1d pow Very Happy.... wonder what would have happened if it was a skull Very Happy
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3192170

Check this
RC

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here is another.. but its more to do with automove and its a super frustrating one that can be avoided.
Select vamp and tell him to go somewhere. He fails BL and you say ok lets point him towards a thrall and bite instead and choose not to rr... vamp runns away towards the original spot Smile
Solution, move 1 square and then use automove Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

*shameless plug*

Sounds to me like XFL Vampire might get funny Smile

DonĀ“t forget to apply folks, it starts on wednesday.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

in fact, it's one of the most funnest XFLs. anything goes.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah

But have to ask cloggy how will interpretate those bugs, cause it could be so many conflictive games

We should interpretate them like this list or should i change any interpretation?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2013 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Arise... ARISE!!! Necro'd.

The recent XFL Vampire has me wondering about these bugs from the past.
I had these linked in my Vampire team page... I guess I don't play them much. Smile

It's been 18 months (to the day) since this thread was last active.
Can anyone confirm that these bugs still exist?
Have any interpretations of the bugs changed?

I thought this would be a good thread to bump to the top for Vamps coaches to read (IF these bugs are still floating around) especially people who are new to Vampire teams.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2013 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

When the client was updated, bugs totally changed, so old bugs are gone and new bugs have arisen.

However the staff consider Vicius's teaching as law. So if you get a bug that is described (or similar) to the original post, Vicius's fix is how we expect you to proceed.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2013 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks mouse. That answers part of my question. Maybe someone else will know the rest. I'm off to work.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2013 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Arise... ARISE!!! Necro'd.

The recent XFL Vampire has me wondering about these bugs from the past.
I had these linked in my Vampire team page... I guess I don't play them much. Smile

It's been 18 months (to the day) since this thread was last active.
Can anyone confirm that these bugs still exist?
Have any interpretations of the bugs changed?

I thought this would be a good thread to bump to the top for Vamps coaches to read (IF these bugs are still floating around) especially people who are new to Vampire teams.

I play vamps in WIL. As far as I know all of these bugs are fixed now. There is one or two other bugs remaining i think? may be wrong though. Though one of them I think is to do with different interpretation of the rule book which is not clear. (I'm talking about the failing pick up next to a thrall when failing ofab issue).
I have not seen any bugs with my team in any of my WIL games though other than the one in brackets above. But again, that isnt a bug, I just think it is down to different interpretation of the rules.
 Jump to: