36 coaches online • Server time: 16:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2013 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Gratz. Update every two hours

Eh, thanks. I'm not terribly proud of it. I got the impression he quit because he knew the game was lost. He was at work, and I think just conceded to get it over with.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2013 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

All the minmax teams ive faced have rued facing Heracles and spartacus! No kerchinging my way! Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just faced a Min-Max CD team, lost a skilled thrower, and had to re-hire a blitzer. Unreal how much damage they can do at such a low TV.
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2013 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun aint it! Very Happy
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2013 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackbox Swat is up to 1780TV and applied for the Wheel of Chaos after smashing some Dwarfs to dust

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3422542
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2013 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe's Badge Hunters say hello!

Well, we're more into getting FUMBBL Badges right now, but it doesn't hurt to fight for humanity in a friendly competition as well. So far it works out nicely.

Cheers!

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2013 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wooot TD 6-0, welcome. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Kharnete

Post   Posted: May 15, 2013 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

After a looooong break (2 years, 3 if we don't count certain week of games a couple years ago), my beloved Prairie's Sinners have reach their 100th game on Blackbox, and what a better way to celebrate that than joining to the Human League (and rolling a +AG for the thrower and a +ST on the ogre Razz).

I'm still very rusty, and the team has taken *heavy* casualties on the last 7 games (had to play the 100th with 5 journeymans), but here we go \o/.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

And so it is that Robert Frost found himself ushered into the vaunted halls of legendhood after leading the way against latulike's American Gladiator. For his legendary roll he was granted yet another normal skill. What is a coach to do with a killer who has already fairly well maxed out his killing skills? Let me know if you have suggestions: right now I'm leaning toward Pro, though Dauntless and Fend are both possibilities. Mutants beware, Frost is coming!
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Or stand firm if he wants to play on the sidelines?

You don't seem to favour guard much?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

True, Stand Firm could be a lifesaver along the sidelines where Frost often lives... but, like when I consider guard for him, Frost is so often on the ground after piling on that I fear it wouldn't be quite as useful on him as, say, Elizabeth Bishop. I've found that 2-3 guards is usually all I need, and with both Ezra Pound and Bishop guarding, we'll probably look to make our new Rita Dove number three.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, in the game just after Frost was raised to legend, the Poet Laureates played their 100th match! Sadly, it was a loss, but it was a really fun loss, with Ezra Pound repeatedly dodging into tacklezones to pop the ball, Frost using his newly-acquired Pro to do the same, and other daring plays. Here's to 100 more!
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2013 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks,

recently I started my Plutonium Bomb Squad in the box. Having now a ogre, and have somehowe a strange feeling, that theses guys arn't that good. What is ur expereance? or do I have just an unlucky start with the big guys?
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2013 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Have not seen how you use him
But I like him. Sure he does fail me some time. But I use him as a road block mostly or to add some guard with strength behind it tying up as many as possible. some times I even dont move him or block with him if its important that he does not go bonehead.

Other times he can add some much needed strength to your team when you find your self out muscled and need to create some space for your other guys to hit.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2013 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well thx Qaz, but i guess after this GAME vs. CHAOS i have other problems. I had 2 ST4 blitzers, now just 1! Well rebuild and think about the ogre.
 Jump to: