46 coaches online • Server time: 23:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Inkdot

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all! My problem is I can't connect to the fumbbl chat, either from IRC java applet or mIrc! I have never tried to use any IRC chat before so im not so skilled in its usage, however, even if I follow the link on the fumbbl chat webbpage that automatically sets mirc to logg on to the fumbbl chat it dosenĀ“t work.

It keeps saying "unable to connect to server" in mirc and in the java chat it keeps saying something like this "!!!couldn't connect to oberon.afternet.org gate 6667". I have a old net adapter, Netgear FA312.
I have tried to update the drivers to version1.8, as recommended, but i have been unable to install the drivers! I don't know how to do it, have tried a lot of ways to install the drivers but no sucsses so far.

My computer is connected thru a home network, that is protected by a firewall of some sort. Do you think this chat problem is firewall related?

Any help I could get would be most welcome!
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

it may well be the firewall thats stopping you connecting

try forwarding port 6667 to your computer or asking the person who set the firewall up to help you
Inkdot

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

How do i forward port 6667 to my computer? Laughing
 Jump to: