48 coaches online • Server time: 11:36
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Minotaur or Minotard...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post No shows.
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan



Joined: May 17, 2008

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
zakatan wrote:
a request: I'd love to see the header menus at any time, that they are fixed on top and only the content scrolls up and down.


Unlikely to happen. This would be wasteful of screen space for people with limited screen sizes, and simply horrible on smartphones/tablets.

Use your home key to scroll to the top.


hmm a big screen users theme? I thought of this tablets/phones/small screen issue but still, there could be 2 versions and users chose the one that suits their needs best.
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I edited this on my last post but there were two posts after I finished editing it, so here it is again incase you missed it -

One slight criticism from me would be - On your hompage there could be a slight difference in the colour of the background to the colour used on all the tables like - overview, profile, blogs etc... I think if the colour behind it was a shade or two darker it would make the tables stand out a little more, as it is it looks a little bit flat.

However this is only a very very minor detail.

Edit: and definately switch to it, it is great.

Smile

_________________
Image
Grod



Joined: Sep 30, 2003

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Christer wrote:
zakatan wrote:
a request: I'd love to see the header menus at any time, that they are fixed on top and only the content scrolls up and down.


Unlikely to happen. This would be wasteful of screen space for people with limited screen sizes, and simply horrible on smartphones/tablets.

Use your home key to scroll to the top.


hmm a big screen users theme? I thought of this tablets/phones/small screen issue but still, there could be 2 versions and users chose the one that suits their needs best.


Erm yes, people with smaller screens would still have plenty of other themes to choose from. But it is all good, this new theme is Smile for now.

_________________
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde
WhatBall



Joined: Aug 21, 2008

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 15:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure Christer won't mind me posting a small teaser of where the theme is heading now that it is in beta. This is a bit out of date, but gives an idea.

Image
WhatBall



Joined: Aug 21, 2008

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 15:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

And please keep the feedback coming, I'll do my best to work with Christer to improve the new theme.

_________________
Image
zakatan



Joined: May 17, 2008

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I'm sure Christer won't mind me posting a small teaser of where the theme is heading now that it is in beta. This is a bit out of date, but gives an idea.


i just see a broken link :S

image still needs to be accepted by admins maybe?


Last edited by zakatan on May 11, 2011 - 16:14; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall



Joined: Aug 21, 2008

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 16:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
i just see a broken link :S

image still needs to be accepted by admins maybe?

Yes, probably still needs to be accepted.
Garion



Joined: Aug 19, 2009

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great, Smile if thats how it will turn out then my previous commment about the background and tables colours is moot Smile

_________________
Image
Hitonagashi



Joined: Apr 09, 2006

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

:O

I love that! That's truly amazing..was wondering about the background till I saw that. Great work!

_________________
http://www.calculateyour.tv - an easy way to work out specific team builds.
Image
freak_in_a_frock



Joined: Aug 02, 2003

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The font on the match reports is a little large, that aside it looks like a vast improvement so far
Astarael



Joined: Aug 14, 2005

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Image


How harsh is WhatBall giving Christer only a 30% win record!

Theme looks great aside from the few in progress tweaks to some pages fonts etc.

Looking forward to the finished product!

_________________
Oh my.
Purplegoo



Joined: Mar 23, 2006

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks fab.

The 'Where is the displayed BWR' mob look like they'll get their wish.

Boo. Wink

_________________
NAF TD.
WhatBall



Joined: Aug 21, 2008

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 16:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
The 'Where is the displayed BWR' mob look like they'll get their wish.

Boo. Wink

Just a mockup. None of it is set in stone, it is all place holder info. C will decide ultimately what goes in there.

I thought I was being generous with a 30% win record. Laughing
WhatBall



Joined: Aug 21, 2008

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 16:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
The font on the match reports is a little large, that aside it looks like a vast improvement so far

Yep, known issues with too large fonts on many pages.
WhatBall



Joined: Aug 21, 2008

Post   Posted: May 11, 2011 - 16:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also looking for feedback on what everyone thinks makes a great team page. I really like the fluff with bios and stats, and want to propose a killer team page mockup to Christer that would already have top player lists (active and alltime) and other great bits. If you have ideas or can point me to the best team pages, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

_________________
Image
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic