54 coaches online • Server time: 16:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post How open file jnlp?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lordchaos

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well this was a pretty successful league for 2 whole years back in 2006-2007. I stopped doing it as I fell away from FUMBBL due to my love for the lrb 5. I have been waiting patiently for League to make it's move to the new FFB so I could resurrect it. Now the time has finally come. Pretty simple format. 6 tourneys in the calendar year, collect points by participating and winning them, then the 8 coaches with the most points at the end of the season face off in the finals.

Full details on how the league is run are found here:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2773
(reminding you that some of the tournaments need to be updated still. Work in progress but hope to have it done in the next day or so.)

The first tourney to kick off the new season is SUMMERSMASH starting in early June. 100 TV league teams only need apply for this one.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3220

Last edited by lordchaos on %b %13, %2011 - %10:%May; edited 1 time in total
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont have a league team yet, I think i read in the news section we can not make new league teams did i read this correctly or can i make one now?
Garion

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

You can make one now. LRB6 has now transferred to League.

This also means you can get your friends back here now. I seem to remember they joined and didnt come back because you were not allowed to play each other over and over again in Ranked. This is allowed in League.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, you have to have a league team already made. It sucks but it's all we got.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

lordchaos wrote:
Unfortunately, you have to have a league team already made. It sucks but it's all we got.

Garion wrote:
You can make one now. LRB6 has now transferred to League.

which one is it can i or carnt i make a new L team Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

For this league/tournament you will need an existing team but in general you are free to make league teams now for the LRB6 rule set. Go to create new team > league?> and you will see the three new races are there Smile

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it said you couldn't make new teams. Change of plans for this one then 100 TV teams it is!

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Garion for clearing that up and sorry lordchaos for high jacking your thread at least it kept it bumped Smile
lordchaos

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

NP. Make a team and play in SUMMERSMASH. Smile

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Will you be using Tournament Weight to prevent people from entering with 100 TV and 200k in cash?
lordchaos

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

well, I guess I should mention that this first one will be for rookie 100TV teams only.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Got 2 right now and a few spots reserved. Looking for about 4-10 more 100 TV rookie League teams to join by June 1st.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm willing to join up, do I apply to both the league group and the tourney group, or just one or the other?

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, forgot to mention that. A little rusty after 4 years or so. Smile
Apply to both. SUMMERSMASH for the tourney and the DTL for standings

Post   Posted: May 13, 2011 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

lordchaos wrote:
I thought it said you couldn't make new teams. Change of plans for this one then 100 TV teams it is!

No it said -

Christer wrote:
No new teams can be created in this placeholder division, and no new tournaments can be started.

I'm fairly certain that this just means you cannot create teams and leave them in the new "limbo" division that has been created purely for teams that are already in leagues and that need to decide which rule set they are wanting to use.

So yes, I think you can create new teams and new leagues but you have to decide which ruleset they will be using from the outset now and you cannot change back to LRB4 if the league has been created for FBB use.

I hope that clears it up.

(I also hope I'm right Confused Wink )