17 coaches online • Server time: 07:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I notice how you didn't mention the way you STOLE the game from the Plainsmen. Getting your arse drubbed for 12 straight turns and then winning on a fumbbl recovery and turn 8 INT. Great game, gratz all around, but you can't really say your playoff berth was stolen. Smile Smile

ALSO GROUP E POINTS ARE STILL BROKEN. By my calculations, Gonzalillo's team should have 45 points. But his team is showing 41. I am not sure what is going on, but we should have this fixed before next season.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Melbourne Knuckledusters gave Melbourne Meteors a well expected Solid Thumping last night in their local derby, demolishing them with 5 unanswered Touchdowns.
This takes the Knuckledusters to 53 league points, 3 points clear of their closest competition, Sydney Slaughterers, who have an (almost) equally impressive record in their opening two matches.
Now it only remains to be seen who of these two great teams will progress to the Finals, an outcome that will be determined by a showdown between the two! How exciting! Smile

When we up for it, cat?
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about making some fluff awards for the players who did the best at ceratin things. What do you people think about these????

The Beckham award for scoring A small statue of a generic player catching a football

The Favre award for passing excellence A bronzed football on a hansome pedistal

The Bertuzzi award for tackling A laminated skull on a silver spike

The Hovring award for league MVP A golden statue striking a heisman pose on a handsome base
quota

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

BloodRunners wrote:
I was thinking about making some fluff awards for the players who did the best at ceratin things. What do you people think about these????

The Beckham award for scoring A small statue of a generic player catching a football

The Favre award for passing excellence A bronzed football on a hansome pedistal

The Bertuzzi award for tackling A laminated skull on a silver spike

The Hovring award for league MVP A golden statue striking a heisman pose on a handsome base

Sounds like fun, though I'd chose some different names Wink

With my superior intelligence I have gathered that scoring, passing and making casualties are what gives a reward, however, I have't deducted if you simply wan't to look at players after each season and just give them to the players with the highest score in each, or (which would be alot cooler, and also alot harder) to give it to the players with the highest score that season.

Also, the MVP, what's that for? Do people nominate players that we all then vote on or what? And are there any special requirements? Is this going to be to the player who have done the best this season, or just the best player around? Like with the others the best player for the season would be best, although I have no clue how to decide who that is. Maybe the player who all together got most SPPs for that season?

All in all I like the idea, I wish alot more prices would be made, like longest passes, sprinter (most gfi's), most agile (most dodges made) and so on Shocked I'm sure noone in their right mind would want to keep track of those though Razz

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If everyone saved there little reports and sent them to me. (the ones that show blocks, and paces ran etc.) I would compile some nice stats and be able to come up with all sort of fluff awards. But we have trouble just getting everyone to play their games, so I doubt I could get all those neat little reports. And yes, i was thinking of doing it by each season. It woudln't be too difficult. Just explain to coaches to only nominate players with their season stats in mind, and then double check the few nominees.

ONLY 5 GAMES REMAIN UNPLAYED, and 3 of them will decide the winner of the group. An exciting week for World Cup Fans. I for one am anxious to see the playoffs, where these brutes finally battle it out for the glory.
Barash

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

BloodRunners wrote:
If everyone saved there little reports and sent them to me. (the ones that show blocks, and paces ran etc.) I would compile some nice stats and be able to come up with all sort of fluff awards. But we have trouble just getting everyone to play their games, so I doubt I could get all those neat little reports. And yes, i was thinking of doing it by each season. It woudln't be too difficult. Just explain to coaches to only nominate players with their season stats in mind, and then double check the few nominees.

Would be very cool if you would do that. But I think it would be wise we could send it as an attachment, something that is not supported in fumbbl.
Maybe your private e-mail account?

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i do not have those files anymore. And i think its way to much work. Wink And i am waiting waiting waiting. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Those reports aren't always accurate. If I recall, sometimes they are entirely empty for some reason, and if you happened to load a game it's missing some parts.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Since it is the first season we can just look at the player stats. Just have to remember not to count the offseason games so we have to check all that ain't in the playoff right after group stage have finished
quota

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hovring wrote:
Since it is the first season we can just look at the player stats. Just have to remember not to count the offseason games so we have to check all that ain't in the playoff right after group stage have finished

Chances are, the players who win are the ones who goes to the playoff Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup but just in case someone have a teanm losing 5-6 every game and hence have a chance to have the topscorer.
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2004 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that we are past our deadline for the week 3 games, what do we do. Its a pity too, 3 of the 5 would decide the group winner and 2 of those 3 were head to head matchups. I am eager to enter the playoffs though, so what do we do?
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2004 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The Deadline for the Final Round is this Wednesday... once this is past, I believe Hovring will be mercilessly forfeiting people who are still to play? Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Hovring

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I will count the players causing the unplayed games out for the final scores in each group. And yes it will be wednesday.

Another thing I am strongly considering ditching the friendlies since noone wanted it. I just wonder why people were so outraged by the strength differences.

Anyway more on that wednesday when I will set up the play off.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2004 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Is all the scoring accurate now? did i really win my group?