20 coaches online • Server time: 06:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

...or norse Halflings, to give them their more accurate name.

In the frozen wastes of the North, the Humans and Dwarfs living there have adapted to a more primal lifestyle, involving beer, violence, and more beer. Not to be out-done, the halflings stranded there have also adapted to the beer and violence (wedgies, Chinese burns and so on), but with a greater selection of bar snacks. They have even glued on some beards, made of hair recovered from changing room showers, and recruited some of their lycanthropic halfling brethren, victims to the curse of the Ulfwerner. Oh, and a Snow Troll turned up because it was hungry and something smelled good...

Here's a suggested roster with pricing ranges for this race:

0-2 Ulfweeners (Were-Norslings) 7 2 3 7 Catch, Frenzy, Claw, Stunty, Dodge (A) 70k-90k
0-2 Norsling Berserkers 5 2 3 6 Frenzy, Horns (spiky helmet), Thick Skull, Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff (A, or maybe G/S instead) 50k-70k
0-12 Norse Halflings 5 2 3 6 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff (A) 30k
0-1 Snow Troll (usual troll stats and cost)
and maybe (but not sure)...
0-2 Tenderisers 5 2 3 6 Stakes, Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff (A) 40k-50k

RRs 60k

Edit: They can have an apothecary and a Master Chef just like regular halflings.

When these wee fellas are not gorging, pillaging or dieing in droves, they dream of meeting the fabled Amazings of Lustria...

P.S. I want a secret weapon, and the Tenderisers were my first idea for one - what do you think of Stakes? It could just as easily be thought of as "Mallet". It won't work on any undead cos Stunty doesn't have any yet, but +1 to AV is still alright...
Ball & Chain is Norsy but not really Flingy.
P.P.S Ulfweener is my intended spelling...

Last edited by Colin on %b %20, %2004 - %18:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

omfg! lol!
Kheldar1982

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

To many skills traits for too less money. Get rit of some of the skills, but I like the idea in general. Will make a contribution when I have more time.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm... well, it's a wacko idea.. mind you, I mean that as A Good Thing (tm).. I think there might be a slight tendency at the moment to take just about any race, smack "-flings" to the end of their name and make a new race out of them, but hey - I don't care, more silliness for stunty is fine by me! That being said, these fellows look awfully powerful, what with claw and stunty opponents at plenty, but I don't know.. I like the basic idea! *MixX goes off to make up a wacky race of his own*
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MixX wrote:
omfg! lol!

Well, I look forward to...

Dwarflings (and Chaos Dwarflings), Elflings (Highlings, Woodlings, Darklings, Prolings), Skavlings, Zonlings, Khemrlings, Humlings, Ogrelings, Orclings, Necrlings, Goblings, and, perhaps experimental, Vampliongs, Pactlings, Old Worldlings and Lustlings! Wink
Tedage

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

erm tbh were-norslings are faster than normal norse so that kinda makes no sense.
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, so all you have to do to create a stunty team is reduce movement, str, and armor, then add dodge and stunty. Oh, yeah, and give 'em mainly agility skills.

In that case, allow me to present.....

Dwarf-flings!!!

0-2 Goblin Slayer 70000 4 2 2 6 Block, Dodge, Dauntless, Frenzy, Thick Skull, Stunty G S
0-2 Blitzer 60000 4 2 3 7 Block, Dodge, Thick Skull, Stunty A
0-2 Runner 60000 5 2 3 6 Sure Hands, Dodge, Thick Skull, Stunty A
0-12 Shortbeard 50000 3 2 2 7 Block, Dodge, Tackle, Thick Skull, Stunty A

Oops...forgot the secret weapons.

0-2 Beardtrimmers 50000 4 2 3 7 Chainsaw, Dodge A

Ah...perfect.
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

They aren't just any race reduced in size. Didn't you read the fluff? They're halflings trying to be Norse...keep your suggestions OT, please.
If costs are too low, then suggest what they should be. I've provided ranges for what I thought they might be.
olivers

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My 2 republic credits:

0-2 Ulfweeners (Were-Norslings) 7 2 3 7 Catch, Frenzy, Claw, Stunty, Dodge (A) 70k-90k
not bad but frenzy and claw is a bit overkill

0-2 Norsling Berserkers 5 2 3 6 Frenzy, Horns (spiky helmet), Thick Skull, Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff (A, or maybe G/S instead) 50k-70k
Take off dodge if you are doing to give them access to G/S and take off thick skull

0-2 Tenderisers 5 2 3 6 Stakes, Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff (A) 40k-50k
I think 2 trolls would be better and no tenderiser
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to avoid this team out-competing standard halflings, so 1 BG at the most.

I know I pinched the idea of the werewolves and popped them into a completely different race, but I had read about Ulfwerners in the unofficial Citadel Journal Norse army list long before I ever heard of werewolves having anything to do with the undead. Losing Claw would be acceptable.

I'd like the Berserkers to retain Thick Skull, to represent the protective influence of a huge oversize horned helmet (it's an image that always gives me a smile Smile); the choice of G/S skills and no Dodge (like Orc Slayers) or A skills and keeping Dodge is open to debate.
 Jump to: