58 coaches online • Server time: 18:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karlypoops

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2003 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

aye, iagree with all of you to an extent, but yeah, why would a player who can regenerate keep his niggling injurie? yes it would effect him for a bit, but it should after a while go away and heal, well, i say heal but i mean no longer cause a problem, say after a set number of games, 15 or so, an undead player should lose the result, of course, if they gain another niggling injurie during this 15 match period, the waiting time should be re-set to zero so they have to play another 15 games, so the chance of healing is slim, but still there, by undead i don't mean living players on the undead team like ghouls and werewolves. Razz
Dragoonkin

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2003 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The entire POINT of the Niggling Injury is that it doesn't always bother them, but every so often it'll hurt and they won't be able to play. Having it heal would defeat the entire purpose, as since you only miss once every 6 games on average, 15 games means it'd heal after you only missed 2.5 games...not exactly much of a penalty.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: May 09, 2003 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been/ is still being thrashed out on Talk Blood Bowl. However, my suggestion is to simply change the name. Call it 'Ego'. Now the player has -1 ST or AV becasue he has a swelled head and no longer works out as much as he should or dosen't think he needs as much armour anymore. He has a niggle because instead of playing he has an autograph signing or something. Don't scrap a decent game mechanic because the somantics need a little work.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2003 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont like the current aging rules but I agree with Nightbirds comment. Why give a team any advantage if it is not weaker than the others.
About Christers comment: why would that be good to increase the aging penalty and decrease the effect of SIs.
1) It would make bashing teams weaker and agility teams stronger, which only makes sense if you think that bashing teams are too strong, or agility teams are too weak...(and if anybody thinks so please go take a look at the top 30 ranked teams...count the number of wood elves...)
2) Injuries is something you can fight against with good tactics ageing is not. So more ageing and less injuries would increase the amount of luck in the game and decrease the skill part. Why would that be good?
athoragg

Post   Posted: May 09, 2003 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohhhhhhh fun...... Errmm yeah.......

Well yeah undead dont age as such, and everyone knows that, but the bindings that are keeping them together will eventualy start to lossen, and they will start to fall apart more easy. Or their bones get chips in them and it means they could fall apart for no reason.

NOW heres something to get alot of you. How do Skeletons, Zombies, and other non consious, completely controled undead things earn their skills.
Skeletons are totaly unconsious and so are Zombies in thoery, and have no mind of their own. So how are they learning to do things better?
Yes some skills can be explained away, like Block (he has more sturdy armour so doesnt fall over as easy) or Surefeet (the necromancer controling him finds it easier to now work out where to step for less chance of him tripping over objects or him own heels.
But some make no sence, for instance a PRO skeleton, or a Frenzied Zombie.

There again on to annoughter thing. Surely certan undead players could get matations. Though they wouldnt be real mutations as such (unless the origanal player / person / thing had it.

Big Hands, Horns, Claw, Thick Skull, Extra Arms, Razor Sharp Claws, Very Long Legs, Spikes (easy to make and stick on)

Tentacles, Prehensile Tail (probably not so easy to get to work)

Two Heads (well you could give them it, but it probably wouldnt have the same effect.)

And finally Foul Appearance (what i thought might have been a given.)

Quote:
elves live to be 500+ years yet they age, ageing is a sign of the injuries you sustain from the rough sport that is bloodbowl, not a sign of your players gettin older.

Elves live for alot longer. One of the Phoenix kings ruled for over 1000 years, and supposedly according to something i red ages ago, elves dont ever ever ever ever grow old, they just get bored of life and die. Though the dark elves are cursed to age.
Though somewhere else said the same bit about aging, where they reach a point and just stop aging physicaly, but die arround 4000-6000 years old if they die naturely, rather than with a spear in his chest or whatever.
JackDragna

Post   Posted: May 09, 2003 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't have to make sense as you and I see it. Aging is also really not supposed to represent getting older, per se: it's a measure of wear and tear from playing.
cataphract

Post   Posted: May 10, 2003 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Consider this, the longer an undead corpse remains animated, the harder it is for said corpse to remain so.

The spells that bind it's rotten flesh into movement weaken over time. Therefore we could see a corpse which has been animated for a number of games loose strength agility and toughness, similarly ait may be difficult to keep the corpse functional for a short period of time (niggle).

Post   Posted: May 10, 2003 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

instead of looking at it as age-ing in your undead teams maybe you could look at it as the magical energy keeping them going disappearing and going down hill a bit.. All coaches get annoyed at age-ing rolls.. The comment of i swear that elf was only 125 not 600.. But in the end all it does is keep you thinking and like all Blood Bowl teams you star player may get killed by a lowly gobbo next game anyway.. Beware those Goblins with no SPP in their first games (bad personal experience)...
 Jump to: