22 coaches online • Server time: 03:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wol

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

pred_dachande, Thanks for the explanation.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Afro wrote:
I had some sort of a strange turndown today. Someone with a Khemri Team was lfg and i was thinking this could get my orcs (with similar TR/TS) a little higher in the Lol, so i offered him a match. He agreed, and shortly after getting my IP, he disconnected. A few minutes later, he reconnected and asked again for my IP, and again I gave him the adress. And the waiting began .... After a few minutes and some questions about what might have happened (without answer, of course), i saw him playing another opponent, and i didn't get any answer until now. Well, this really wasn't a turndown, more like a "ignoring-on-the-way-to-a-match". Maybe we need to have a thread with that name in the near future Rolling Eyes

Please report behaviour like that to us via the support system. This is actually a clear case of breaking the rules.

-Mnemon
Renegade

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Talk of cheating, quitting, not finishing games and swearing is becoming a real drag. If someone is caught breaching the rules tell the admins and they'll deal with it. I really don't see the point typing it on the forum. Doing so creates animosity and dampens the overall feel of the Fumbbl site. I'm tired of reading peoples complaints and moans.

If you have something entertaining, funny, informative or witty to say please feel free to do so otherwise leave your whinges with the admin. Thanks to all the hard work they put in Fumbbl has precious few shortfalls, and being reminded of the greatest on a daily basis is irritating to say the least.

-Ren

Last edited by Renegade on %b %24, %2004 - %14:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Afro,
that coach was bound to finish the match.

I agree with Mnemon, you should report to the admin.

marco

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Er, this was just supposed to be a "share your experiences" thread. I'm sorry if you feel differently, Renegade, I had no intentions of creating this thread for whining, just for some entertaining stories.

Afro

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, and i thought playing bb is for entertainment, as is talking about bb. Maybe i was wrong. Obviously it was wrong talking about my turndown yesterday, for different reasons.
Renegade, to avoid getting bored by my posts, please don't read them in the future. I can't promise to entertain you more next time.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe, just maybe I wasn't refering to you Afro...

My comment goes across the forum and wasn't specifically target at any individual.
Kruppe

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I am new here, but it seems that beings able to select your opponents gives an advantage to powergamers over the casual gamer who likes to play exciting matches.

Is there any way to sign up for a fumbbl tournament where all the teams entered are equal or brand new, and where the game fixtures are determined beforehand?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Kruppe. Anyone can start a tournament like that in the Unranked divsion. For details on how to do that see the userguide entry on groups and tournaments.

Just watch out for news post about tournaments or threads in the tournament forum that announce a tourney - make a team and apply to one that you consider interesting Smile.
Kruppe

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

cool mnemon thx
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Its really funny how people react sometimes when they get no response to their game offers when youre busy doin something else or afk generally Smile
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kruppe, look in the Tournament threads in this very forum for any tournaments that are recruiting, also there may be news topics, I believe there is a section in the user guide on tournaments, look there also.

Plus this isn't the best choice of thread to ask about tournaments.

Back on topic: I think the rudest turndown is receiving no reply at all, there is no excuse for bad manners

EDIT:clearly I type much to slowly to answer peoples queries

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

the rudest i got was:

"let´s play tabletop instead!" which came from my housemate Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
the rudest i got was:

"let´s play tabletop instead!" which came from my housemate Very Happy

Now that IS rude! I mean, come on... suggesting you actually get up from your PC and.. gasp.. meet other people.. hehe..

ps// I know you weren't being serious either Sinner!!
Funso

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone said no reply at all was rude.

When I type "bb lfg" and everyone sees I have an elf team of 120tr/str, I get around 5 or 6 replies within seconds suggesting my elves play their Dwarves/Orcs/Chaos Dwarves/Chaos/Kemhri.

Well, Screw you, you twerp, you deserve all the rudeness you get!
 Jump to: