42 coaches online • Server time: 12:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
i3rutus

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

hey ho,
a few weeks ago there was a poll about how we like the fumbbl skins. Someone asked if there coudlnt be a more evil looking theme. Klipp said: "Just as soon as you make it. =) Get to work you lazy bastard."

i'd like to do that!
I woudlnt do that if no admin would have time to integrate the skin on fumbbl, if no admin wants to have a new skin or if some is already working on it.

If all of that is ok and everybody would be fine with that i would like to know what specifications i need to have? is this here a phpnukesystem? are there template files? what do i have to take care about. If someone could answer this questions i would be happy.

thanks

greetz, the i3rutus
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be more than happy to help with this... providing nice graphics and such.. I'd do it all myself but unfortunatly everything I know about HTML I learned from Macromedia Dreamweaver.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

haha Smile i use the dreamweaver to ... but i can also code it with my editor ... but i like the dreamweaver source highlighting Smile but its harder to make cool gfx than coding it Smile
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yar.. we'll have to put our heads together.. and make the evilist skin the world has ever seen!

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I could probably give you the specifics if I could gather the effort required to look at my layout. I made the Aggressor theme, sloppily done I know, yet the specifications for the work I did could be used to make your own skins. Send me a PM and I might just muster up some effort to take a look. But hopefully Christer will stop by and save me the time, as I'd rather go cry myself to sleep, Nuffle is just so unfair sometimes.

Oh and by the way, Dreamweaver is an evil abomination, NOTEPAD FOR LIFE BABY!
Lord_Holle

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2004 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Notepad is ok, BUT NoteTab Light is better. (its got the preview thingie)
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i3rutus wrote:
... Klipp said: "Just as soon as you make it. =) Get to work you lazy bastard."

i'd like to do that!

Good man!
i3rutus wrote:
... is this here a phpnukesystem? are there template files? what do i have to take care about....

It's PostNuke, rather than PHP-Nuke. Both are very similar and themes for either are pretty much the same thing with a few exceptions.

Basically grab a theme that you like as a base and go to town on it. You need to have an operating PN system to test it on, however. Let me know if you need a hand and I can throw it on a test installation I have.

I've just toyed around with it myself a bit and it's pretty easy to make basic changes (if you really just want your own color palette, or what not). Structural changes are a bit more difficult but there are some tutorials available of that PN link above, I believe.

ps. for text editors it's BBEdit. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

thats what i need to know Smile

i got some online databases on my webspace and my own linuxmachine with apachem mysql and php at home (running my mlmule, so i can check it from work with VNC Wink)!
I know postnuke and phpnuke and i used both some times ago to test it out. the source told me its version "PostNuke 0.7.2.6-Phoenix"
so i will go and get it!
so the last thing is. should optimize for 800*600 or 1024*768.

thanks for your input and offerd help!

: something i forgot ... should i also design the cascading style sheets?
i3rutus

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

thats what i had after 80 minutes ... i learned from experience that its going to change couple of times till im happy with it ... but you can check out the style and tell me if im moving into the wrong direction! ... the tables and fonts and table and fontcolors will change of course! tell me what you think of that style ... its not the end version. just the style Image
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

looks good but for gods sake don't use black text on red background some of us are colourblind

use a bone colour or something
i3rutus

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i3rutus wrote:
the tables and fonts and table and fontcolors will change of course! tell me what you think of that style ... its not the end version. just the style

Razz im going to decide this when i start putting the graphics into the templates. than im going to try around with the colors. thanks for your input Idea
Christer

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 14:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a good start. Obviously, there are some stuff that are currently rather hard to change, such as the colour of the forum icons, but when you finish the theme, I will do my best to make it look as close to your vision as I can.

A few comments though:

You need the "messages" display that will let people know when they have PMs. The buddy list indicator is not visible enough on its own.

When the new site logo is done, I will probably want to have it shown in all existing themes. So, I recommend to not spend too much time on getting that part "just right" for now.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Urgh.. I couldn't stare at a red screen for any length of time.. but to each his own.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah ... red makes crazy ... i dont like it anymore either... i gonna change this to black! or probably i gonna make a bloody steel face! oh got a good idea ... Rrrr ... be back later Smile
Severian

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2004 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

right on man, I love a good selection of themes to pick from so I can choose whatever suites my mood. The Bone suggestion wasn't bad.

I would keep in mind the usability of the theme - you don't want people getting headaches due to the outrageous "coolness" of the scheme. They might just come back to the original theme because the light green is very pleasant on the eyes.
 Jump to: