11 coaches online • Server time: 02:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
f_alk

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
...Christer already gave us his point of view in a similar topic, saying that even constantly fielding JM to avoid spending money on linemen wasnt in the spirit of the site. ...

Yet another house rule that's not covered by the CRP? Could we stop with the myth that FUMBBL tries to stay as close as possible to the CRP please?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wylder wrote:
If I had the 320k required to replace all 4 Gutters, I'd buy 6 linos and go into my next game with 3 reserves. 3 reserves is MASSIVE for prevent GR deaths.

But if you're sitting on 150k cash, and only have your 8 positionals. You'd be mad to buy 3 linerats and leave yourself with exactly the same team (albeit ex-loner) and flat broke.

I'm not going to qoute myself again. Congratulations in proving once again, people won't actually read what I type, so there's little point me bothering.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:
...Christer already gave us his point of view in a similar topic, saying that even constantly fielding JM to avoid spending money on linemen wasnt in the spirit of the site. ...

Yet another house rule that's not covered by the CRP? Could we stop with the myth that FUMBBL tries to stay as close as possible to the CRP please?

I don't know.....maybe you could spend some time playing here, rather than making issues on a site you don't play at or things that aren't really much of an issue anyway?
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I Do play a lot, but since when is playing frequency determining your comments worth?! All it tells Me some guys have more time to play and or gives fumbbl higher priority then likely healthy! Wink
Since tw is used I no longer see any point in forcing players to buy rookies, instead of saving for positionals or multiple bench buys.
Its also odd pairing the "not playing competitevely" with arguments that someone is bending the system to get an advantage!

Where Do you draw the line? Are we going to disallow picking " bad" skills too?! Disallow unusual team composition?
I for one think we should back down a bit and allow people different strategies and playing stiles as variation makes the game we love more fun.
Cheers

SL
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:

You mean like TW? Which works perfectly well given he conditions of a league like fumbbl?

Stop being a dk sir.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
I
Since tw is used I no longer see any point

So what? _you_ can see whatever you like. The admins see it otherwise; live with it.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
SvenS wrote:
I

So what? _you_ can see whatever you like. The admins see it otherwise; live with it.

Ever heared about healthy debate? In Sweden we value it a lot Wink

SL
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Wylder wrote:
If I had the 320k required to replace all 4 Gutters, I'd buy 6 linos and go into my next game with 3 reserves. 3 reserves is MASSIVE for prevent GR deaths.

But if you're sitting on 150k cash, and only have your 8 positionals. You'd be mad to buy 3 linerats and leave yourself with exactly the same team (albeit ex-loner) and flat broke.

I'm not going to qoute myself again. Congratulations in proving once again, people won't actually read what I type, so there's little point me bothering.

I read what you wrote. *buys harvest a beer*
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
pythrr wrote:
SvenS wrote:
I

Ever heared about healthy debate? In Sweden we value it a lot Wink

Healthy debate?

You mean the multiple other threads that have discussed exactly the same thing...?
KenThis

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=641505

here's my box slann team, I try to run with all slann positionals which is stupid cos it makes them pretty uncompetitive. but i don't see why i shouldn't run with all the positionals as they're on the roster.
In my 97 box gmes I have come to realise that frogs die a lot and that frog journeymen do just as good a job of dying on the los as a regular 50k lino. plus it saves the coach 50k every game which he can then use to buy the over priced rookie blitzers when they die or the catchers when they die or the krox that makes a huge juicy claw target.

in those 97 games i haven't bought huge numbers of linos and even when i've had money for linos and all my positionals i have still run with journeymen since i know i'll have to replace a positional soon.
in fact the last lino i bought was because a journey man rolled doubles for guard before that i think it was back around game 45 or so when i foolishly went over 11 players which was a huge kick in the knackers when my team was instantly smashed to bits

if you think the team is trying to gain some mythical advantage by running with loners and positionals and TRYING to horde cash then I guess they should be banned. but i'm not sure what the advantage is other than not having to play underhanded positional wise for a couple of games when the froggy blitzer dies on a failed leap. since instead of taking 2-4 games to save for the blitzer you might have the cash already.

if someone runs with an all zombie team trying to evolve. or any other fluffy team design should we also consider sanctioning them for non competitive play.

the only possible problem i see is if a 11 loner team is hording ridiculous amount of cash not being competitive and handing out free wins and thats only a problem if the coach plays against the same opponenets over and over which is already covered under other cheating rules.

so lets all live and let live cos the fluffy coaches and those going their own way makes fumbbl the fun place it is.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I see nothing wrong w yr team Ken. The type of team people are complaining about are the 4 Star Cpomb Positional, 7 jouneyman rotter teams with 800k in the bank.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
I see nothing wrong w yr team Ken.

but what if:
pythrr wrote:

?
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yet even with those kind of teams are the JM really the issue?
More the imbalanced team approach, that we're not used to from lrb4 taken to the extreme (and no Im not fond of the either).
The cash reserve makes sure they can replace a dead legend with a rookie blocker (unless someone is seriously thinking the buy other players players idea), not a new legend.
Dont see that either as a massive issue. *shrug*

SL
KenThis

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

if someone is out there running with 4 clawpombers and 7 linos and trying to win is that a problem?
persoanlly i find it a little distasteful but if someone is having success or fun doing it i don't necessarily see the problem with it, it looks to me like free wins for players coming up against it and if taken to extremes by not trying to win would lead to sanctions by admins.
maybe we should jsut start a thread to discuss the play style of such teams anme the teams then point and laugh without getting abusive..
isn't that what happened to studbabydudepoo and i haven't seen him in three months
antisocial gaming to that extent is usually handled well enough by peer pressure.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
Yet even with those kind of teams are the JM really the issue?

Well, those who set and enforce the site rules (in their own unpaid time) have decided that it is against site rules. That should be enough for the rest of us.
 Jump to: