20 coaches online • Server time: 01:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Spectators Champions are licking their wounds but have a little seasoning of actually making it into a Major's main draw, even though they lost but gaining some experience.

<*<*!!!PREDICTIONS!!!*>*>

Mithril Diablos
vs.
Ranaldinhos

Having the best, or at least in contention for the best Bull Centaur combo on the site, The Diablos have managed to get a few more skills on their CDB's to give the team more depth. The diablos will be able to pick off the low AV catchers and handicap ball handling abilities for the Slann. They will need to be stratigic in their blitz action to accomodate for the recovery that the Slann posses due to the leap/VLL. Chattel with prove his worth in TV this game as the focus is put on both Bulls.
The Ranadinhos bring enough wrestle to the match to cause all kinds of problems for the Diablos positioning and ball security. Are 5 RR's enough for the number of leaps they will need to prevent from adding more green to the grass? I think the key lies in Goran's hands. Jiri will need his guard to even the dice on a blitz after the wrestlers on the team have taken down some of the guards to possibly steal the ball.
In the end, I pick the Diablo's to plod through their match and take the conventional 2-1 win over the Ranaldinhos.

Excellence of Execution
vs.
Uncensored Teenage Hardcore

Despite losing a couple of 4ST players, Hardcore still presents a strength advantage and MB against Beastmen usually hits harder than regular MB which shoud help to reduce some of the Chaos numbers.
The Execution'ers come prepared in this match with enough tackle to thwart elf tactics and are setting the standards as far as an effective CPOMB team having made it into the main draw and carry a nice winning record.
In the end, I feel that Hardcore has enough to pull out a 2-1 win...in OT despite some nerve wrenching double 1's due to the Execution'ers lack of ball handling. They will lose two more players (Brutus & Hulk) and basically swap out the two that are missing this game to move on to the next round.

Legion of Orgrimmar
vs.
NecroGigios

The Legion are pretty much what you expect to see when you think of an Orc team in a Major's event. They do have a little flavor in the way of a Blodge/+ST/Guard BoB and a Blodge/+ST/SH/Guard/Tackle blitzer. These two players will be most useful against the Necro's. The Legion should stick to the bash 'em down and foul 'em through the game and be mindfull of the Necro's ability to reverse field and stall out precious turns that the Legion will need to score.
The Necro's have two nice little toys of their own in the way of a +AG/+AG/+ST/Guard/Tackle Wight and +ST/Blodge/SS/Tackle Wolf...HELLO! Unfortunately the Necro's lack players which may reduce the number of fouls. Even though they are short players, the Necro's should still stay steady in the foul tactics. Continually blitzing with the Claw/MB wolf will pop some of the Legion's greenskins off the pitch and allow for their superman Wight to fly in to try to save the day.
When its all said (Nuffle's says so) and done, the Necro's will fall short by 1 square as the Legion roll through to the next round a couple players short 0_o

Hell's Horror's
vs.
Crossdressers

The Horror's are coming off a high from completely lucking out a win over the Champions, I was there...hehehe. All jokes aside, the Horrors are well rounded and carry a deep bench even though their bashy Ghoul is MNG. The Horrors will continue to lay down foul after foul after foul to help keep the She-Men at bay. Count Visoth will get his revenge from the last game as he pounds enough zons to get him a skill up as the Mummies are able to get a few pow's to let their 'Mummy-Blow' do its thing and remove players from the pitch.
Carrying 5 Guard and 5 MB, the She-Men will really have something to say about how many of the Horror's get to stay on the pitch. The way that Rodman is used in this game will decide the final outcome. The Crossdressers are still able to use their dodge to get position and make this game really fun to spectate as the experienced coaching/positioning tactics are put to use and sacrafices made...
There shouldn't be many cob-web's left in the injury boxes as this game will have lots and lots of blood! In T5 of OT, the Horror's, stained with blood, move into the next round 1-0

Empire Strikes back Insanity
vs.
<<Insert Team Here>>

I will update once the Diablos move through to this round.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well once again Iam "floored" by the strange sights I take in covering majors. Ranked majors have a carnival atmosphere. The venues attract all walks of life and sometimes I think the clinically insane and the cerifiably nutz are all let out their cells for a month just to entertain us "straights".

The Ecellence in Exectuion was on the row yesterday having a pep rally that lasted for over 24 hours. Every kinda of freak, mutant, low down, high born and insane were present. I even saw a table in front of a pub that I could swear was a club recruiting followers for the "fans of Slaneesh".

Now for all you "straights" who never get out of your hovels or "burbs" and never attended a major it probally comes as a shocking suprise to your sanity that all the normal rules of civilisation seem to be forgotten. Well you have to remeber the vast majority of the "fans" are drunk out of their minds. Second, Blood Bowl greases the wheels of the host venues economy. So if a bunch of followers of the Ruinious powers, some greenskins or those vagabonds, the Slann wish to drop a couple of million GC into the coffers...well party on. But for all you hard core followers of the ways of Sigmar you will feel confident in the Emperor's protection. Any Blood Bowl fan who breaks the Lords laws is usually dealt with in a very quick and severe manner, the end of a halberd. The fans on the other hand dont mind, they are fans of Blood Bowl, they just want a small taste of it in their everyday lives. So justice by the end of Halberd is living the dream for most of these journeymen wanna be's.

But I digress....

Around 3AM a mob of hooligans, maybe even maruaders, came storming down the row. They had torches and banners. They called themselves the cult of the CLPOMB. They seem to think we dont like our fellow CLPOMB blood bowlers. So in order to convince us that the CLPOMB is fun they decided to show us first hand. They procceded to destroy the row and anybody caught in the streets was promptly CLPOMB'd. The carnage was intense. As I continued to sip my wine from one of the better pubs, observing this throw down of titanic proportions one of the banners caught my eye...it read: "Welcome to the danger zone".

Well I was about to investigate when the place blew up with dock watch, city watch and even a unit of the palace guard came storming into the row. What happened next would make all the Sigmar faithful smile. It was just like back in the day when I served with the 12th halbers uder Lord Gunther from Ostland. Well I have to say the Halberd is mightier than the CLPOMB by about a 27-1 margin. Not bad odds if you are the 1, but dont keep rolling the dice if you know what I mean.

Well at this point the ruckus forced me from my perch, did not want to be taken for a "softy" for the CLPOMB lovers to demonstrate on. So I fled back into the pub. As I took a seat at the bar I heard then saw a massive scrumm at the back door. The bouncers had produced short swords and were hacking at a bunch of Hooligans...Well it seems a lot of the CLPOMB brotherhood decided to switch allegiance to the Halberd lovers Brotherhood and were trying to get away. Obviously they wanted entrance to the bar to hang out and let this blow over but the barkeep and his stout bouncers would have none of it.

That was when I saw him. He had 4 bodyguards surrounding him and I could swear that the leader of this rag tag brotherhood was the one and only...studmandudebro....He had a wild look in his eyes, his hair was now orange and spikey. It looked like he was taking on the stigmata of Natty...It was a sight to behold. Just as I was about to approach the back door and confront our wayward FUMBBL coach he was ushered away at a sprint as 10 halberd wielding loonies were in hot pursuit.

Off to the danger zone indeed!

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2011 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing performance from the Slann to knock out an excellent CDwarf team last night.

What a fiasco my quick predictions were though, we'll go in-depth for the Quarter Finals.

ImageExcellence of Execution! vs Uncensored Teenage HardcoreImage

The Chaos have pitched up for this one without one of their Clawpombers, but still weigh in at a hefty 2190TV. They made hard work of their Lizard opponents in the last round, but retain all the tools to put the hurt on anyone.

The UTH dream team is a couple of stat-monsters lighter for this fixture after a bit of a pounding at the hands of the Kislev Larvae, but they still arrive with 2430TV of Delf power. This team has every possibility covered, but is actually strangely light on blodge for such a high TV team.

The match-up
I am going to do a total volte-face on this one and go with the Chaos. They have plenty of tackle, plenty of hitting power, and the UTH monster was pretty unconvincing in the previous round. Add to that some useful inducement money and I think the Chaos will have enough here.

2-1 to Excellence of Execution!

ImageLegion of Orgrimmar vs NecroGigiosImage

The Legion roll into this match after a thriller against the Rotters. They have pumped up their TV to a mighty 2340 and are loaded with hard hitters.

The Necros turned over the much-fancied Skaven of Bigotillos to get here, and they arrive with 2050TV of highly-tuned talent. With only 12 players on the roster, you know the individual players must be good, and the Necros have some superb positionals.

The match-up
This a tough one to call. On the surface, the Legion should be able to steamroller their weaker oppoistion, but with some excellent player builds and two ClawMB wolves, the Necros can pack a nasty surprise of their own. Factor in some inducement money for the Necros and it becomes mighty difficult to predict. I have to go with my gut feeling here which is that the strength in depth of the Legion will see them through.

1-0 Legion of Orgrimmar

ImageHell's Horrors vs CrossdressersImage

The Horrors smashed out an excellent Dark Elf team to get here, though it cost them a nasty injury to a speedster Ghoul. They still weigh in at 1980TV with a versatile and well-rounded team.

The Crossdressers mince into this match after an upset win versus the Magerit Revengers. They come in at 2070TV, with 12 blodgers and enough MB and Guard to play the physical game.

The match-up
The Horrors will badly miss their star Ghoul, even though the supporting cast is pretty strong. They have a few tacklers, but other than that may struggle to take the zons down. I see a frustrating afternoon for the Undead, with the zons able to go toe-to-toe with them and thwart their offensive efforts.

2-0 Crossdressers

ImageRanaldinhos vs Empire Strikes Back InsanityImage

Ranaldinhos pulled off an awesome win against the heavily fancied Mithril Diablos to get here, and pending any team changes, come in at 2060TV of leaping, wrestling, ball-hawking mayhem.

ESBI downed their racial rivals the Black Eagles in the previous round, coming through unscathed and leaving them with 2170 of TV tied up in 11 highly-developed players.

The match-up
You have to think anything is possible in this one. With only 11 players, the High Elves are vulnerable to early casualties, but man for man their first XI is far superior to the Slann. The Ranaldinhos have many ways to get the ball free but you have to fancy ESBI to protect it well and hit the Slann hard. I'm going to go for the sheer quality of the ESBI core side to prevail here.

2-1 Empire Strikes Back Insanity
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2011 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:

ImageLegion of Orgrimmar vs NecroGigiosImage

The Legion roll into this match after a thriller against the Rotters. They have pumped up their TV to a mighty 2340 and are loaded with hard hitters.

The Necros turned over the much-fancied Skaven of Bigotillos to get here, and they arrive with 2050TV of highly-tuned talent. With only 12 players on the roster, you know the individual players must be good, and the Necros have some superb positionals.

The match-up
This a tough one to call. On the surface, the Legion should be able to steamroller their weaker opposition, but with some excellent player builds and two ClawMB wolves, the Necros can pack a nasty surprise of their own. Factor in some inducement money for the Necros and it becomes mighty difficult to predict. I have to go with my gut feeling here which is that the strength in depth of the Legion will see them through.

1-0 Legion of Orgrimmar

We're scheduled to play Friday, 21:00 bbtime.

(nitpick: the +ST wolf doesn't have MB, which I appreciate...)
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2011 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah! No wonder my predictions have been off, I'm seeing imaginary skills...
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2011 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Milford! Get your picks in before someone plays a game in Round 2 Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2011 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well here they are...the quarterfinal matches. 4 Quality matches for our entertainment. I expect all 4 to be hotly contested matches.

ImageExcelence in Execution
VS
ImageTeenage Harcore Uncencensored

Well the chaos scumm come blowing into the match down a CLPOMB but still feeling good. They got the bash up and running last game and look to bring the hurt in this one. They have enough tackle and the +ST to compete with the darkies and the plan is simple..lay down the hurt, dont turnover the ball on offense and on Defense get that TO with their inducement wizard.

The hardcore are down their best ball handler but they still can bring the pain back at the chaos scumm. Get the elf ball up and running and the patented blitz/foul/runaway plan of attack is in effect. Widdle down the beastmen and run circles around the CW. They cannot afford to take to many CAS in this...if they get shortmanned they are probally sunk.

This is going to be a great match. Both teams are wounded so they will have to bring their A games to the match. I anticipate it coming down to the last few turns.

Execution holds on for the 2-1 win..the Chaos scumm beat down the darkies and fill the CAS boxes.

ImageLegion of Ogrimmar
VS
ImageNecrogigios

The legion comes in giving up some inducement money but otherwise looking good. They should have the ST to control the LOS and tie down the golems and zombies and make this a Orc Blitzers VS Wolves/wight match up...The blitzers of the orcs win that match up. If they get that match up all night long the orcs are well on their way to the semi finals.

The Necros need to get some CAS going, anything to reduce either the ST advantage of the orcs or get some of their blitzers off the pitch. IF the wolves get the Claws up and running and lay down some nice blitz moves early and the crumbling bones .jpg is rolling, well they will be enfuego and moving on in the tourney.

This match is also really close. Can make the case for both sides in the match up.

In the end I just feel that the Orcs armor will hold tight and even though the Wolves might munch on some greenskins they will be able to handle what ever the Necros throw at them.....Legion 2-1.

ImageHells Horrors
VS
ImageCrossdressers

The Horros enter the match ready to lay into the dressers. The Mummies and the wights need to lay into them early and often. IF they get up and running in this match and start laying out some pixels then they will get the upperhand and hold on to that advantage all match long. So it is real simple, get the bashing up and running and send in the DP on the down girls and hope the CAS dice are nice.

The Crossdressers can rely on the blodge this match due to the tackle issues on the undead side. But they cannot get into CAS troubles and maybe picking on the Zombies and ghouls is the way to get ahead in this match. The Horrors elected to go with the zombies so they are really slow. Get behind them and make the ghouls and wights come to them and they smash them to kingdom come and send in the boots to clean up.

Another good quality match up. It will be a back and forth affair that will be decided on 3 or 4 plays.

Going with the Cross Dressers in a tight match and they win this one 3-2 in OT.

ImageRanladhinos
VS
ImageEmire Strikes Back Insantity

The Slann are primed for this match. Blew by the CD with out a hitch and now look at a 11 man HE team that they can Slann ball into the pitch..They are confident that the slann ball is superior to the weak Elf ball.

The Insanity are going to have to bring it this match. Get some CAS rolling and secure the ball. They face a team that can actually out ball them so they need to keep their eye out for that defensive TO.

In the end the Slann are to much. They actually get some CAS mounting on the High Elves and shortman them. Ranaldinhos win this one 3-1 and prove that slann ball is way better than elf ball.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2011 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

ImageLegion of Ogrimmar
VS
ImageNecrogigios

The legion comes in giving up some inducement money but otherwise looking good. They should have the ST to control the LOS and tie down the golems and zombies and make this a Orc Blitzers VS Wolves/wight match up...The blitzers of the orcs win that match up. If they get that match up all night long the orcs are well on their way to the semi finals.

The Necros need to get some CAS going, anything to reduce either the ST advantage of the orcs or get some of their blitzers off the pitch. IF the wolves get the Claws up and running and lay down some nice blitz moves early and the crumbling bones .jpg is rolling, well they will be enfuego and moving on in the tourney.

This match is also really close. Can make the case for both sides in the match up.

In the end I just feel that the Orcs armor will hold tight and even though the Wolves might munch on some greenskins they will be able to handle what ever the Necros throw at them.....Legion 2-1.

Well, you were largely correct, aside from mentioning that "in case of dicing, whoever has the dice wins". See the match report for details.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2011 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my magic 8 ball told me the rise of the slann juggernaught was on the zenith....so much for that stupid magic 8 ball....The Empire shows up and smashes the poor slann into gibble bits and are in the semi final. I was starting to give up on the High Elves but they are looking like a stout 11 man team.

Oh those frog legs were good. What was that BBQ sauce you used on them Jock, Honey mustard? what ever it was it was good.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2011 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing semi last night as Empire Strikes Back Insanity recovered from a horrible first half with an astonishing second half to beat Crossdressers 2-1 and advance to the final.

It cost them an uber-elf to get there, but it still looks like a hell of a team!
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2011 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't believe I managed to win that, completely dominated by the bashy zonz in the first half, with not quite as uber dice as my whinging suggested.
He left me 2 attempts at the ball after positioning for fouls (killing Luke for the first time) and I popped it loose on the 4th die only for a blitzer to catch it, I had fully commited my remaining men to this attempt so that left an easy stall.
I still had enough guys for the OTS atempt but after some deep thinking and the dice for the pushes and pass I failed the last gfi and kod the catcher, at this point I was in full whinge mode (kick off was throw a rock removing another elf) and typed out my frustration, sorry Dhaktokh.

Second half was a complete turnaround, I scored in 2 turns (with a stream of 2+) hoping for my kos back and some more 1db chances. As it turns out the dice were even kinder than that chance, the zonz went back to their ways of removing all the elves, but the star thrower spooned the first chance at picking up the ball close the the LOS, the zon covering caught the scatter but this was my chance and the dice didnt disappoint, zon knocked down, ball retrieved elves to cover.
Then followed some turns of lucky running away with the zonz suddenly unable to bring the pow or roll more then 2+ on a gfi, they finally forced the score in turn 7, after killing Luke for the second time, leaving 2 turns for an equaliser.
However rain forced the ball retriever to remain relatively close to the los leaving me yet another 1db chance which came up pow and left no hope of a score.

Im not sure I deserved to win, but I'll take it, rode my luck and I'll need to do so again to have any chance at the title.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2011 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Well my magic 8 ball told me the rise of the slann juggernaught was on the zenith....so much for that stupid magic 8 ball....The Empire shows up and smashes the poor slann into gibble bits and are in the semi final. I was starting to give up on the High Elves but they are looking like a stout 11 man team.

Oh those frog legs were good. What was that BBQ sauce you used on them Jock, Honey mustard? what ever it was it was good.

Bit of a nuffling in that one, slann weren't really given a chance despite their constant threat of stealing the ball away, first few turns summed it up; my first 5 blocks yielded 2 cas, his first 2 blocks were double skulls, with many to follow.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2011 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, now we need BattleLore and ruoste to get together and break the logjam in the top half of the bracket. I'm looking forward to seeing who I'll be facing in the semis, and what my odds will be of getting a chance to get Nuffled by Jock in the finals.

I'm not sure if I'm better off rooting for the UTH or EoE in their match. I know I can outbash DE easily enough, but could I beat them? I'm less certain of my ability to outbash EoE, but it's certainly an option, and I think my odds of playing ball go up against them. I have a Block/Accurate thrower waiting on a skill selection once I see who I'm facing.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2011 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Here comes my match-report from our semi:

Bought a bribe for some petty cash. Was oddly not so useful since my first 6 fouls were done without the ref watching in the first half.

First half:

2nd half:

Ah, cant be bothered. (I usually write down each half in majors) Bah. I whine here instead, muhuhuhuhu, and still cant get over that I lost to 11 elves with all that fine female firepower. Jock proved that 27 vs 56 blocks and 0 vs 7 fouls still can be game-winning. My major mistake was not to cover the ball when it was a short kick. I also gave the helves some way too easy 1 dice on my ballcarriers. Silly. Need to protect them better vs aggressive stat-elves. JockĀ“s dice the 2nd half was stunning. We killed Luke, the only tackler on the elf-team. ;-D And I desperately need better defence vs move 9-ss oneturners. The elf fell on the last gfi in turn 8.

But seriously, how did I manange to spoil that game??? Sigh.. I actually think, and this will sound really really weird, I actually think I underestimated the helves, totally forgetting for a while that I played against a super-mega-coach. That just feels... ugly. Oh well, the girls behaved as expected I guess. I lost the game on skills.

Grats in the final Jock!
Obviously I totally cheer for you. We all know why ;-D
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2011 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Dhaktokh wrote:
But seriously, how did I manange to spoil that game??? Sigh.. I actually think, and this will sound really really weird, I actually think I underestimated the helves, totally forgetting for a while that I played against a super-mega-coach. That just feels... ugly. Oh well, the girls behaved as expected I guess. I lost the game on skills.

Or you accidentally picked up my Agility Monsters' dice somewhere after the first half, I think I dropped them near your girls' locker room after our match...

Exciting game it was! And your girls came far - congrats. Smile

Jump to: