52 coaches online • Server time: 17:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2011 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe, I threw away those dice really really far just after the game. I guess you put a curse on them and back they came. (Could had waited two games you know... would had been a bit more appreciated. Then you could had killed them all!)
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2011 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to kill them!! What makes you think things like that about me?! Sad

Edit:
We don't bestow curses, we only suffer from them. I'd suspect someone else found the dice and sneaked them into your pocket!

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2011 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Semi-Final match: my Legion of Ogrimmar vs. ruoste's UTH

Friday, August 19, 19:00 bbtime.

Winner to face Empire Strikes Back Insanity in the finals.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone wants to get their prediction down in writing, you've got until 19:00 tomorrow.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Semi-Final match: my Legion of Ogrimmar vs. ruoste's UTH

Classic bash grind vs. dark elf bash - but those dark elves come with a lot of strength, guard and mighty blow! While the Legion still wins the bash by raw muscle and skill, the UTH can use their exceptional players and their elven agility to hit where it hurts. Especially since the Legion features no superior ball carrier. This game will be all about positioning (and therefor highly interesting to spec) - as long as casualty dice don't favor the elves a lot.

I predict this will go into overtime, for each team plays carefully to its strength in their own drive. While the Legion forces the UTH to score faster than desirable by extensive pressure, UTH doesn't give them a chance to score a second touchdown during regular playtime.

If the Legion wins the coin toss, they will go for a slow grind, UTH suffering from their lack of block (forced to field everything left by a few unavoidable casualties), possibly even knocking the ball loose once, but failing to secure it. The orcs will use almost the whole overtime, but they will win.
If UTH is favored by the coin they have to move fast - but the Legion's deep defense will stop the attack (possibly by enforcing dodge failure) and finally outbash the elves. Once again positioning is crucial on both sides.

Legion of Orgrimmar: 2
Uncensored Teenage Hardcore: 1

Edit:
Totally forgot about inducements! 470k for the orcs are huge, of course. A wizard for safety and some more stuff that comes in handy will bolster their victory. I'll stick with my prediction the way it is, inducements will help in case of unforeseen events (mainly bad or incredible luck) and the wizard will stop the elves from scoring in overtime, if necessary.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well the final semi final match is set for later today and it should be a great match.

ImageUncensored Teenage Hardcore
VS
ImageLegion of Ogrimmar

The Hardcore comes into this match ready to smack down these orcs. They have the +ST to stand their ground and the AG to elf ball them also. They have so many options in this match it will be hard for the Orcs to stop them. Need to be leery of the inducements, the orcs are going to show up with a lot of goodies. That could be a serious issue. IF they stick to the plan, get a little luck to fall their way, they will be able to punch past the legion and move on to the finals.

The Legion need to choose wisely on the inducments and get the bash game up and running. They have enough tackle to hassle the Darkies so they will be able to bring down the blodgers. Also the Darkies carry some niggles, some well place DP boots on those niggled knee joints might just be the ticket. Every one says the DP is nerfed but not when you place a well placed boot on a niggler, bring back the good old days of the +2 DP boot I say. Legion just needs to play some solid orc ball and some luck on the darkies dodge rolls and they should be able to win the day.

This is a really close match. Iam going with the Hardcore in this match in a thriller that comes down to the last 2 turns when the entire match hangs in the balance. The big swing in this match will be that the darkies do not fail any of their dodges and give the orcs a nice juicy TO to turn the match....The balance of winning an losing this match will be razor thin.

Uncensored Teenage Hardcore 2-1 over the Legion of Ogrimmar in a classic match.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe > Milford (at least this time)

It was a tough match, but we orc'ed our way through it with a lack of style and creativity that is the hallmark of everyone's favorite race to play against.

Bring on more squirmy, over-statted blodge-bots!
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how Jock will spend his inducement money.

I reckon you could go maybe:

wizard
apoth
babe

or

Sidewinder
apoth

perhaps?
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

i think 2 babes might be better than apo, and if wiz, hightower might be wise

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2011 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
i think 2 babes might be better than apo, and if wiz, hightower might be wise

No way man....Have a dwarf build you a deathroller named Death Star, the DP/SG variety...get 2 bribes and roll over the orcs for victory!!!!!

What? this is Blood Bowl you can do what ever you want. The only problem is finding a dwarf who would part with his death roller...that is the only problem with the plan.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT **

Well the Final match of the GLT is set. This should be an interesting match. It is either going to be great or a total blow out...no middle ground on this match. Lets take a look.

ImageLegion of Ogrimamr
VS
ImageEmpire Strikes Back Insanity

The Legion come in ready to claim the trophy. They have the tackle/MB/DP and mean disposition to blow up the Empire. They took care of the Hardcore with a classic bash/smash and DP to the face. Repeat that in this match and they should cruise to the championship. They have a big advantage in this match with the Empire only coming in with 11 elves. They dont need much to short man them and then grind it out.

The Empire will be getting some nice inducement money in this match. But they are not getting enough to cover their 11 man squad with some stars AND be able to get that wizard and babes and all the other stuff they need. SO with that being said they have fought their way to this point with a short roster. So need to dig deep and go back the "well" one more time and elf ball like a mad man. Hope that wizard is Teclis in disquise and need that armor to be made of titanium. IF all those things happen, Golden.

This should be a great match until the kick off of half time. The Legion will start grinding the Empire and they will be shortmanned coming out of the locker room for the second half and it will start to snow ball.

Legion wins this one 3-1 against a shortmanned Empire team. Legion gets the defensive TO to prevent the tie and take it in for the 3rd score to secure the Championship.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Any idea yet on the date and time?

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2011 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Any idea yet on the date and time?

Nothing set yet. No worries, I won't let it stay a secret once the date/time is known.

Personally, I'm debating what to do about the inducement cash. I've seriously considered both directions: using cash to hire a wizard of my own to offset Jock's, or firing 2 less-super players to get my TV down below wizard-donating levels.

In all likelihood I'll just dance with the team that brought me here.

Edit/Update:
Legion of Orgrimmar vs. Empire Strikes Back Insanity

Monday, August 22, Sometime after 23:00 bbtime, or possibly a bit earlier.

(sorry for the vague time, some RL issues make an exact time difficult)

Edit/Update #2

We've had a cancellation for tonight. Trying again Tuesday (August 23) at 23:00 bbtime.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, i decided to watch jaws and the thing instead and eat cookies and ice cream.

Im free tonight so 23:00 bbtime tonight should be right.

Maysrill wont let me have any inducements other than a babe. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Smile

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2011 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
Sorry, i decided to watch jaws and the thing instead and eat cookies and ice cream.

Im free tonight so 23:00 bbtime tonight should be right.

Maysrill wont let me have any inducements other than a babe. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Smile

Well, every game up until now, I've had to plan for "down the road", and kept a fairly hefty bench (3 bench-orcs seems fairly well-stocked). It's come in handy against CDs and Nurgle.

Well, what do I see but 11 High Elves with nary a MB (or even a Tackle) among them. They've got 2 DPs, but those are more likely to leave their own team shorthanded (via ref, and barring a bribe coming up) than ours. We've picked our 12 best men and we're leaving your elves to their own devices. Our elite, ready to go down to the last man for victory. There is no more tomorrow.

*points to the narrow pass*
"This is where we fight! This is where they DIE!"
 Jump to: