51 coaches online • Server time: 16:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 4,000TV!goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
polardragon

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 12 action: Winnipeg 2-1 over Halifax
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3261352

The Bombers were psyched for this game, their coach made it clear that their only chance for making the playoffs had to start here with a win. The Hrungnirs went for the early TD, but a dropped ball in the end zone was the start of a Halifax nightmare.

Winnipeg surfed Shrvak, Brendan Dunn killed Salinvik, Duane tripped on dodges in the open, which allowed the Bombers to advance the ball and bash more elves. By the time Brendan Dunn took the hand-off and rumbled in for the TD two more Hrungnirs were broken and bleeding on the sidelines.

Shrvak redeemed himself with a quick TD for Halifax at the end of the half to tie at 1-1.

Halifax set up to defend the Winnipeg onslaught with only 7 players. Two turns later the Bombers bashed them down down to 4. Duane and Shrvak leaped and dodged their way through a maze of Bomber to lay a heroic hit on the ball carrier but failed to bring down Milt.

Srakuv KO'd himself on a failed dodge which left Duane stranded on the sidelines. A gentle shove surfed him into the stands and Halifax was down to 2 defenders.

Shrvak made another heroic hit on the ball carrier, forcing Brendan Dunn over the goal line and preventing a Bomber stall. Bombers 2-1.

The Hrungnirs had 3 turns for the equalizer but only 4 elves on the pitch against a full roster of Bombers. Srakuv made it to the endzone but nobody could get the ball to him as the whistle blew.

The destroyed Hrungnirs will be missing 5 players next week against Hamilton. The Bomber will ride a wave of optimism into their game against Saskatchewan.

POTW 12 nomination: Brendan Dunn (8spp)
The rookie Chaos Warrior announces his arrival in the CFFL by killing a line-elf, rushing 18, and scoring two TDs in a crushing win over Halifax.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Iskabis wrote:
dsavillian wrote:

Rik is also the only Norse player to have played in every single game in the history of the franchise.

That's pretty impressive. I still have four of my original eleven amazons remaining, but none of them have played every game.

I still have six original players who have played in every single game so far. You'd think they'd be better by now...

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

POM Nominations - 3rd Quarter

Here you go...9+ TSPP is the cutoff. As usual, lots of other great efforts so add your own nominations too!

CAL
Anothony Calvillo 1P 3TD 17R 28B

HAM
Ben Zambiasi 5CAS 29B

LOO
Jake Turnbull 5CAS 34B
Guillaume Gloom 3TD 58R 2B 1F

MTL
Mike Pringle 1P 4TD 4CAS 28R 31B

OTT
Moe Latrine 2TD 5CAS 10R 23B
Tom Clawments 1P 2TD 4CAS 24R 18B

QUE
Magno Robervill 1P 1TD 5CAS 12R 35B
Hoxottar Maranda 1TD 3CAS 26R 22B 1F

TOR
Gorg Elfeater 7CAS 36B
Grok Goblinrobber 1P 2TD 2CAS 49R 11B
opusthefowl

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MTL still holds the lead with 42 completions but the gap has all but disappeared as QUE now has 38. HFX seems to have given-up it's air game due to the number of failures and now has CAL almost ready to steal 3rd spot.

Still no interceptions.

TOR still has produced the most CAS at 41 and HAM is still nipping at their heels with 37. Third place is nowhere near...thus ignored...

MTL with 204 is the first team over the 200 earned SPP mark with TOR close behind at 198. HAM is still in the running at 183.

TOR, not known for their air game logically leads the league in rushing with 386. CAL and BCF are back at the 361 mark so this badge could still be up for grabs.

OTT and BCF are now tied in the fouling department with 53 each. The next placed team is over 20 fouls away and thus will be ignored.

OTT has a firm grip on richest team standing having raked in a whopping $750K so far. At the other end of the spectrum, CAL is player poor at having earned just $390 so far.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the stats Opus. Looks like the poor Woodies took a drubbing last night. Winnipeg didn't even have the courtesy to just BH you, they went for perms and death.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a lot of middle ground with those beasts. Either its a shoving match or they are ripping the opposition's head off. I am sure they will be back to their gentle ways against Saskatchewan.

Maaaaannnn, who *do* you gotta kill to get a sniff at POW. One of my boys finally makes good and he's still not close to the other nominees. I'll have to replay a few games before I vote.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya, it was brutal. I don't mind the CAS and deaths so much but the constant 1-1 rolls and failed dodges w/dodge were the real disheartening events. The failed catch w/RR was a real pisser...

Can't say I was diced this time but it sure didn't help...

Earned 60K though so I hope to have 2 WDs for Week 14. That might give me a chance...I'm hoping to have less than 4 JM for the last game against MTL...hoping for another epic match.
polardragon

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Maaaaannn ... i should re read the posts. That list is for POM3.
Now I am kinda pleased Brendan Dunn was a single SPP away from hitting the 9spp cutoff. If only that pass in blinding sun had landed... but that's just being greedy.
Nuffle has been kind to me this week.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Rest up for that Montreal game Opus, we love that MTL HAL rivalry. I'll try and even up the odds for you a bit this week.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So far I have only seen three nominations for POW.

Rik the Kicker (EDM)
Brendan Dunn (WIN)
Snaggi Kickboots (TOR)

Is that really it?

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

polardragon wrote:
So far I have only seen three nominations for POW.

Rik the Kicker (EDM)
Brendan Dunn (WIN)
Snaggi Kickboots (TOR)

Is that really it?

Well...did you read the PM?
polardragon

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I did now. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hamilton TigerPact 1 - 1 Halifax Hrungnirs FC II

Turn 1 saw 2 elves leave the pitch... and then Ernest Cox II left the pitch with a broken jaw! 1 more block later and another pact player left the pitch... somehow the elves were bashing with us!!!

Despite this, and excellent pressure by the elves, life returned to normal and the highlight reel moment was when Big Ben blitzed and knocked two more elves off the pitch with his frenzied play! Sadly the crowd was very friendly.

The second half was looking good... but then...
"We really blew this one" muttered coach SirAble. a miscalculated blitz that saw Peter Neuman land himself flat on his face and the elves were able to pass the ball away for an unlikely, be reasonably preventable TD.

GG Opus!!!

POTW: Ben Zambiasi he finally did some great stuff. 2 cas, plus the hightlight blitz to surf 2 elves at 1 go! Smile

edit: wrote it up as a tie. corrected the score Wink

Last edited by SirAble on %b %25, %2012 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
opusthefowl

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

*cough*

Hamilton TigerPact 1 - 1 Halifax Hrungnirs FC II

It was a fun game with lots of silliness on my side. The defensive "drive" was fantastic but stalled quickly.

The hiring of new War Dancer, Shrvak, has paid dividends and last night was no exception. A great effort by Duane (again) and the gang on turn 16 to score.

"A tie against Hamilton is a win in our books."

POW Nomination: Duane Hardhammer

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my! That Ben surfing blitz is hilarious Smile Nice "sweeper" to place the ball carrier on the boulevard of scoring a TD.

I think 2 CAS on av7 is not enough for Ben, not enough for what we are used to get for him and used to vote POTW for him Smile

In other words, Duane big play to tie on T8 was very impressive.

Btw, Opus, why the hell did you re-roll the push result with the blitz you did on the goblin before that pass? Must be something about the silliness you talked about, lol.

The correct move would have been to save the RR for the pass, which means, blitz the goblin again but arrive right on the west side of him so a push is ok (because you'd have chain pushed out the troll of the ball's tackle zone). This would have leave only 2 tackle zones on the ball so Duane's AG6 is a simple 2+ roll to pick, (a leap onto the ball would have gave you more MV left to shorten the pass to your WD by the way). Then your RR would have been more useful on the 4+ pass or even the 2+ catch.

Anyways, just my two cents, your last turn was a very good show and very spectacular, nice efforts over Hamilton! Way to go, a huge tie result to help me and Waterloo get a solidified position at the playoff race Wink

QC vs. Waterloo probably tonight or yesterday, I need to get in touch with Nightbird.
 Jump to: