73 coaches online • Server time: 21:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should player trading be allowed ?
Definately YES!!!
37%
 37%  [ 23 ]
No WAY !!!
57%
 57%  [ 35 ]
No Oppinion
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 61

Surtur

Post 3 Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

As the whole Java BB thing is getting bigger by the minute, should player trading be updated to the system.

There could be restrictions of players trading, like for example if a player has been traded away from a coach, then it cannot be traded back to him anymore etc.

Would this be hard to complement to the system ?

Discussion is open... what do you think ? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but it should be expensive...
I think u should be able to trade between ur own team as well...

p
kurre

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as long as its not in the rulebook it will never get added to fumbbl or the Java Client.

But it would be good for high TR teams that dont have enough players to go around to sell of their starplayer and buy some new linemen and start off again with a lower TR.
Mnemok

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem would be massive exploit. (I know I would. Mr. Green )

Like starting several similar teams and boosting one and retireing the other.
Might be solved with large costs (like knegarpetters suggestion) or SPP cap.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Good... we got the discussion underway. Just keep posting your oppinions and ideas.

This could really be good, for new low TR teams as well as the old high TR teams as well. I agree knegarpetters view on it being made very expensive, but still denying the fact that one could trade by himself.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Trading? No. Too easily exploited no matter how many guards we could think of.

OTOH, a player auctioning system, now that could be both workable and interesting.

Put two caps on each player say half his "value" as seen on the team page as a low ball and twice as a high value.

Auctions last a set amount of time and go up in 1k increments.

Both the current high bidder and the team auctioning the player are locked while the auction is going on. You can only make a bid if your team could hire that type of player in the first place.
Surtur

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice... That could work better than a trade system between just 2 players.

The player auctioning for his player, could adjust a price for the player and after the auction decide if he still wants to sell.

10k increments would be better.

Good point.

Last edited by Surtur on %b %24, %2004 - %11:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
poi66

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

selling players to it´s half worth would be cool enough...

I could tell my damned thrower if he drops the ball one more time he goes under the hammer!
Christer

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 12:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

poi66 wrote:
selling players to it´s half worth would be cool enough...

I could tell my damned thrower if he drops the ball one more time he goes under the hammer!

Which is the strongest reason to not allow trades in any form. "Yeah, cool.. I'll sell my double niggled lineman. Hey, Bob.. Buy it with your SillyTeam and I'll buy that -st goblin off your orcs"..
poi66

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer, that was meant in an ironic way. As a role player I interact with my players and REALLY think they are listening... Mr. Green
Clementus

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure he wasnt picking up on the 2nd part of the quote. Silly Poi!

But to be honest theres far too many backfires to having trading, no need for it, not gonna happen.

Nice idea for discussion though.

Flings Rule!
Surtur

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup...

It has always made me think though... It would really spice up the game. If there wouldn't be players willing to misuse such thing. But still just an idea

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 12:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

poi66 wrote:
Christer, that was meant in an ironic way. As a role player I interact with my players and REALLY think they are listening... Mr. Green

Yes, I realize you didn't mean it in a serious way. However, the fact still remains that people would set up "feeder teams" with a system like this in place.

The main objection I have against a trade system is that the online format makes it extremely abuseable with two friends buying and selling injured players between eachother. Also, it's a way to circumvent ageing. Obviously, with the stuff we're trying in DivX that's a non-issue.

Open division will very likely never have player trading as I simply don't see it appearing in the LRB. In DivX.. Well, possibly.. However, it would need to be impossible to cheat without admin oversight (ie, we have other things to do than to validate trades) and it would need to actually add something to the game. People simply don't sell their superstars often enough to make it worthwhile so the tradespace would only be filled with injured players or rookie players.

So, all in all: Don't hold your breath. It's very unlikely to be added in the near future due to the inherent problems.
Surtur

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

So, all in all: Don't hold your breath. It's very unlikely to be added in the near future due to the inherent problems.

I think you are right Christer. I'm just overly bored at my work and trying to think of a nice debate to chew on during the day. Trading would still be nice, but as it seems, almost impossible to handle correctly

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Could not it be possible to add the trading to the teams which are in a group? Those teams can only trade with each other? To tie them into more of a closenit league.
Plus the abuse, imo, would be minimal in such a way, especially if the commishoner of the league got final say maybe? If he sees that 2 teams are just trading injured players to one another, he'll call a veto to it, hence if the commishoner thinks something is fishy he can PM both coaches find out wtf is going on and either let it commnce or kick it in the pants.
What are the thoughts on that?
 Jump to: