21 coaches online • Server time: 08:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2011 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, tell us how to derail the thread!

We are all individuals!

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2011 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

GAZZATROT wrote:
1) Well I went via the Agility Roll rather than Strength to attempt to Nerf the Bigger Stronger guys who already have an advantage when it comes to "hurting". e.g. Mighty blow etc.

For realism you could argue that perhaps more agile guys would be better at piling on as they would be nimble enough to pull it off after a block, and also be more agile so as to able to target the "right areas."

2) Whilst I appreciate what you're saying, it doesn't mean we can't roll dice to determine this.

In addition if an attacker fails his agility roll he could be automatically stunned. With the Defender then either rolling his armour (or not). So there is as always several permutations here that could be explored to get the "Feel Good" balance.

That actually gives me a new thought for a PO adjustment...

There's no reason to force an additional roll, you can easily explain success/failure by the result of reroll.

Another option is to simply do this... if PO is used against an equal or greater strength player, the PO'er must roll an AV check (+1 on the dice per point of difference in strength). If PO is used against a lesser strength player, no AV check is required. The bonus from horns doesn't count in determining strength when piling on, but +st skill-ups do count. No AV check is required, regardless of strength differences, when used via the fouling action.

Piling on is not a tactical skill to me, it's a brute strength skill. You're attempting to crush your opponent by throwing your weight on top of a downed player, not by aiming for vital areas. Bigger/stronger players should excel at this and smaller/weaker players should risk injuring themselves. Although, if you combine it with a skill like dirty player, now you're throwing your weight into a vital area and are rewarded for such with the injury modifier from DP... the same reasoning would also apply to MB, you hit harder than normal players, be it in a vital or non-vital spot.

The little tweak I added makes PO still a viable skill choice, but it becomes far more tactical/strategic in it's use.