52 coaches online • Server time: 12:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
McSwan

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Just thought I shoot my suggestion to fix the aging problem.

I can remember playing my tr 401 chaos side in olbbl tournament and it taking 8 hours, so yes, the game doesn't scale well time wise, but was still an exciting game.

I suggest the following rules changes:

* When hitting a player, if both players have block then they cancel out block skill. So a both down, will knock both players down. Block works as normal if when only one player has block.

* All reroll skills, like sure hands, that give a free rr, instead give +1 to the roll. So an ag 3 human with sure hands will pick up the ball on 2+, but can't use the skill rr. This should apply to pass, catch, and al other skill based rr's. Pro should work on a 5+.

* Ban aging it sux

* Allow old players to be resurrected ( maybe cost 3 times there original price + they lose a skill and spps get set to there previos level)

* max of 4 rr ( rr cost 2 times as much, 4 times to buy after team start)

* player has a total of 20 minutes to make there decisions for a half.

* ko earns 1 spp.

* can buy further appoc for every 200 tr. So tr 300 team can get a 2nd appoc, 500 3 ect.

The idea is to make a faster game, and allow for team scaling.
Any comments appreciated.

Cheers
Mcswan
Eghost

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I can remember playing my tr 401 chaos side in olbbl tournament and it taking 8 hours, so yes, the game doesn't scale well time wise, but was still an exciting game.

Then you or your opponent should just quit playing, OLBBL shouldn't take longer than 3 hours max even at TR 900 were they are now Smile
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we could get rid of injuries too, and let you take a stat increase or any skill on any skill roll. And wouldn't it be nice if instead of rolling dice we could just say the first number that came to our mind. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

42?
Franz

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

SUCCESS!!!!!
m0nty

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2004 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

(6 + 6), (6 + 6), 6
McSwan

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Maybe we could get rid of injuries too

In olbbl, when u slay an opposition team it's expect you'll use a rr on the armour roll to save his life. ( that's how we get tr 900 teams)

Quote:
let you take a stat increase or any skill on any skill roll

I don't think that's a good idea. But I think needing doubles for a lot of skills is robbing the game of it's dynamics. Most of the non double skills are really bad, or too good not to get, like block. Every team just gets same or very similar skill, leading to very similar game playing styles.

Quote:

And wouldn't it be nice if instead of rolling dice we could just say the first number that came to our mind.

In computer graphics, You can create an enitre virtual universe from a single number, and an algorithm. Everything can be extrapolated from that single number eg the the height of ground could be 10X"42" = 420 metres. So there's some truth in that the universe could in fact be made from the number 42. (In the hitchikers guide to the galaxy, they thought 42 was the answer to the universe)
Hecropolix

Post 1 Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

[This comment has been edited out -Mods]
McSwan

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate your honesty Hecropolix. Remember sacrasm is the lowest from of wit.

Swearing also tends to mean that you can't think of a logical argument against my suggestion, so your resorting to personal attacks.
Hecropolix

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

That wasn't sarcasm McSwan.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

and he wasn't swearing

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

arrgh,

Stay on topic guys. Say what you don't like about my suggestions. Not what you don't like about me personally, or semantics non-bb related.

One of the epidemic problems in fumbbl is choosing who you play. Elf teams don't like playing biff teams, because winning doesn't really mean as much as having a team left to play the next game.

One solution is to ease up on the slaying, and SI of team members. Most coaches just want spp's, not to maim there opposition. That's why I suggest a way to resurrect dead players.

The other suggestions revolve around making the game go faster, with riskier decisions, more turnovers, hence game goes faster, even when teams have a higher tr (ie the rules scale).
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL is LRB compliant.......

I shouldn't need to say more. But if you want all these things so badly create your own side. And maybe your own client. Then skill - changes have to be coded by skijunkie...

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but its the highest form of intelligence.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 10:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

McSwan wrote:

In olbbl, when u slay an opposition team it's expect you'll use a rr on the armour roll to save his life. ( that's how we get tr 900 teams)

Oh my.. What's the point of that? I truly don't see the point of playing a game with TR400+ teams, and even less so with TR900 (!!)

McSwan wrote:

I don't think that's a good idea. But I think needing doubles for a lot of skills is robbing the game of it's dynamics. Most of the non double skills are really bad, or too good not to get, like block. Every team just gets same or very similar skill, leading to very similar game playing styles.

Oh come on.. And TR 900 teams doesn't all look the same? Give me a break.. lol

Basically, the LRB was designed to remove the insanely high TR teams, which is what most players like about it. The game reverts to "Don't roll a skull" long before teams hit those kinds of TRs. In my opinion, you might as well be rolling dice against eachother, seeing who rolls the highest.

Alot of your suggested changes seem to be ways to get teams to advance much higher in TR which I believe is a step back to the 3rd edition rules (yes, I say step back as I think the LRB ruleset is far superior to 3rd edition).

As for the time taken to play games, I'd say a vast majority of games palyed on FUMBBL are played within 90 minutes. I don't see a need to shorten it more than that.
 Jump to: