38 coaches online • Server time: 09:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. I usually need only 45 minutes but i doubt that 900TR teams will reduce the time. If you like to see who rolls better create a oneturning team and match only oneturning teams. Whoever rolls better wins the game. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of mine are an hour, top whack. 90 minutes is ample for any coach thats played half a dozen games or more.

I say everything is fine as it is (just as soon as Handicaps are working those 300+ teams in real trouble).
If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see random skill development. like gorkamorka or necromunda. Your player levels and you roll on a table. It then forces coaches to think of strategies with the tools they are given rather than simply handpicking a divine skill set. I personally see no point in playing the game once TR reaches 200... it becomes a point of who can roll the least 1s or who has picked the beast skills. It ceases to become a game of strategy and tactics.

what they game needs is a new attitude from the coaches. People become far too attached to their teams and players which results in cherry icked and games and horribly inflated TRs. PLayers are supposed to get injured and occasionally die it's the nature of the game. If you don't like it play chess

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

McSwan, there are no real arguments for your suggestions. If you think you are getting no feedback, it may be because you fail to explain why any of your suggestions would improve the game.
McSwan

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Oh my.. What's the point of that? I truly don't see the point of playing a game with TR400+ teams, and even less so with TR900 (!!)

I sometimes even used my appoc on opposition teams. Again the objective wasn't to maim opposition, but to win and gain spp's. BB 3rd edition rules were flawed, and this culture grew up to even it out.

Quote:

The game reverts to "Don't roll a skull"

It defineately wasn't a case of who rolled 1/skull the most. Diving tackle used to mean u could throw a block against guys who moved into your square. Try knocking over an orc blitzer with the ball surrounded by 3 black orcs with diving tackle. ( U'd need more luck than a 2+)

Quote:

PLayers are supposed to get injured and occasionally die it's the nature of the game. If you don't like it play chess

"Piling on" on a minatour gave +5 to get through the armour roll. You could foul a lot more effectively, and it gave u spps. My point, more or less, is you'd struggle to find people to play you when you had lots of dp and PO. I'd get more dp on my teams if I thought I wouldn't have problems finding games.

So now we have the problem, that coaches are ACTIVELY MAKING WEAKER teams to find games.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

cataphract wrote:
I'd like to see random skill development. like gorkamorka or necromunda. Your player levels and you roll on a table.

Actually, IIRC, Bloodbowl did this in the second edition...star player rolls and getting skills was very very different...
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

what they game needs is a new attitude from the coaches. People become far too attached to their teams and players which results in cherry icked and games and horribly inflated TRs. PLayers are supposed to get injured and occasionally die it's the nature of the game. If you don't like it play chess

There are more than 7000 coaches here at fumbbl. Their attitude is just a reflection of the rules of the game and the site. It's not very productive to blame 7000 people's opinion, since it's just statistics. It's natural that you don't want your players to die. If you create a team with lots of claw, DP and MB you have to live with coaches dodging your team.

Quote:

So now we have the problem, that coaches are ACTIVELY MAKING WEAKER teams to find games.

Personally, I like to play with teams with TR/STR below 200. I have a CD team, Deep Bull, which I always keep in the 140-180 range. I try to maximize my chances of winning aganist an equal STR team. I know other people who do the same.

You all have to accept that the open style divisions produces this type of behavior. This is a game and people like to win while not having their teams destroyed. If you don't like it, stick to tournament play.
 Jump to: