35 coaches online • Server time: 09:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Shanty Town - Torturer combo is overpowered in Dominion.

Just come from playing and foolishly decided not to go that route. Unfortunately my son did... many missed turns followed as there was no way to trash in the game...

Sad
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Random selection I assume, Coffindodger? I've had some great luck with multiple pirate ships, myself....

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Alpha Strike parties are overpowered in 4e D&D. Using them, a level 16 party can clear a level 22 encounter (which should be harder than the hardest encounter they could handle) in 4 turns, even without any dailies, and with most of their encounters already gone.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Alpha Strike parties are overpowered in 4e D&D. Using them, a level 16 party can clear a level 22 encounter (which should be harder than the hardest encounter they could handle) in 4 turns, even without any dailies, and with most of their encounters already gone.

It has obviously been a looooong while since I played this D&D stuff, because I have absolutely no idea what you speak of.
ZachariasTheEverliving

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Magneto in X-men is overpowered, I mean come on. The guy just has to look at something metal and everyone dies!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just thinking about all the characters Magneto could destroy virtually instantly based on their reliance on metal items:

Dr. Octopus
Hawkeye
Iron Man (don't give me that crap about disruptive fields, Stark isn't smart enough to make magnetism stop affecting electricity, nm his suit itself).
Dr. Doom (maybe gets off with magic)
Wolverine
Colossus
ArchAngel
Green Goblin
Scorpion
Whirlwind
Pyro (what did you think his flame-throwers were made out of?)
Silver Samurai
Annihilus appears to be made out of metal.....
the Ant-man versions who rely on the stupid hat.
Plus folks like Elektra, BullsEye, and Captain America whose primary weapons could be turned against them, no problem.

Hell, if he wanted to improve human/mutant relations, he could just go take out 10% of bad guys in a days work.

One of my favourite nerd conversations was with a guy who claimed Darth Vader could take out any other character from any universe, no problem. My first thought, Magneto vs guy in armour whose delicate wiring keeps him alive=.....

In actual continuity, the best Magneto story was in a Captain America book where he determined the Red Skull was the same guy from WWII. Holocaust-surviving Master of Magnetism vs. Nazi who relies on robots and guns for power? GREAT comic!

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Random selection I assume, Coffindodger? I've had some great luck with multiple pirate ships, myself....

yup - five from Intrigue and five from Cornucopia.

Smile
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I was just thinking about all the characters Magneto could destroy virtually instantly based on their reliance on metal items:

<snip>

Plus folks like Elektra, BullsEye, and Captain America whose primary weapons could be turned against them, no problem.

One of my favourite nerd conversations was with a guy who claimed Darth Vader could take out any other character from any universe, no problem. My first thought, Magneto vs guy in armour whose delicate wiring keeps him alive=.....

Clearly some of the above may have metalic things that are non-ferrous so arguably not affected by magnetism to as great an extent but what about simply manipulating all the iron in haemoglobin? Just pull all the blood out of the brain... very dead opposition.

Also - Magneto takes out Vader's life support as Vader force chokes Magneto to death. At least that's how it works in my head. Confused Wink Idea

Last edited by coffindodger on %b %05, %2011 - %20:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't played cornucopia yet. Love the game in general, though occasionally random can mean a couple of essentially useless cards!

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Despite fan power increases, force choking as shown in the movies has always taken focus and concentration. Canonically, Vader can survive without his suit, through intense focus, for ALMOST half a minute.

Edit:: of course, I think Spiderman could take out Vader in the right environment, so I may have a bias.....

Last edited by Macavity on %b %05, %2011 - %20:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Back on thread - Women are overpowered

Works both ways I guess, but they're generally far tolo good at geting what they want...
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Star Trek engineers taught us how to manipulate women. Has no one explained it to you?

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2011 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Alpha Strike party: A party in which all characters maximize initiative bonus and ability to use all their damage dealing abilities in one round. In 4th edition, combat has become a very complex convoluted beast, which, while still extremely intuitive once you understand everything, also allows loopholes for higher level characters (but no longer monsters!) to exploit. If one plays the game how it has been designed (with one class from each of the 4 primary roles), then the game is actually extremely balanced, for almost all levels of published play, which is pretty impressive since they're up to almost 30 different classes (possibly more, I haven't counted recently), and they allow free multiclassing (of a particular wierd sort) between them all, which gives absolutely MASSIVE numbers of possibilities that they need to balance. Note that they also have something like 45 published races, which, while a vastly smaller factor than your class, still add to the loophole possibilities.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2011 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Bolt thrower in warcraft the board game is insanely overpowered, just put one in every stack of units and they become pretty much unkillable.

Why does a bolt thrower have healing powers? I can't even think up any bad convoluted reason for that.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
ZachariasTheEverliving

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2011 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

This rum is overpowered...

http://www.drinkfinder.co.uk/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/13999/s/stroh-80-rum/

can anyone do any better than 80% alcohol?
 Jump to: