50 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2011 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
** Milford from the LC **
Going with the Spider Queen in this match. They get a defensive TO in the first half and manage to hang on for dear life and a 2-1 win to advance.

Oh, shucks, Milford. Embarassed Is this the first time you predict a CD to lose? I hope I can live up to your expectations.

One thing to consider, maybe, is that while the delves have 11 players, the CDwarves will have a bench due to their inducements.

PainState wrote:
They get 560,000 gold in inducement money

Hmm, I make it 460.000 though? It's interesting to see that the CD chose not to get a new bull for the match. I wonder what inducement(s) he wanted bad enough to skip the bull for. Will Morg 'n' Thorg make an appearance on the pitch tomorrow?
Malmir

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2011 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

COuldn't see the point in a rookie bull - too easy to tie up and too likely to take himself down when blocking. It is 460 by my calculations too.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2011 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting! =)

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2011 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratz to Malmir for winning group 1 of the LC!

Short summary: I got a nice taste of clawpomb + dicing.
Lost the toss, lost my LoS.
Tried to separate his LoS from his cage with a DT on the BC, but just got boxed in and crushed.
In the second half I managed a cheeky AG5 dump-off TD with my 6 remaining elves, staying just far enough to make the wizard a bad idea. Perhaps I should have tried more stall, but with 6 elves against a full team + wizard that's not very doable, so I gave Malmir exactly enough time for a second march down the field with his MA7.

Inducements didn't matter much (though the wizard did help keep me from stalling), a single MA 5 clawpomber with tackle is all Malmir needed on the destructive side, and of course having a ST4 sure hands helped a lot, as it kept me from trying wardancer tricks.

My AV6 became AV5, and my chance at advancing looks pretty slim.
Still I guess it's not all bad, as a place in the final 8 looks reasonably secure.
Fela

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2011 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Could the other two matches please be played somewhat soonish? The wait is getting a bit ridiculous now.
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2011 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, it is. Punk suggested Sunday for the 4 teams, so we waited for that. But then he couldnt play tonight after all so.. I am hoping for tomorrow.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2011 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

We are playing tomorrow Smile.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2011 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

(- My girls are screaming in my ear so I cant write anything proper, being totally confused in their lockerroom, they are screaming, wait... what...???) We love Milford, We love miiilfooord, We want miiiiiiilfoooooord!
Qaz

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2011 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz mate! I fear you CD fighting days may not be over yet thou. But the best of luck in the semifinal

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2011 - 23:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The finals have been drawn and the semi finals are ready to be played.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the final 4 are set and man is this going to be fun. No woodies, no Darkies, no Chaos, no orc and no dwarf. What is going on around here? Oh be sure to spec these last 3 matches of the tournament, it is going to be some great Blood Bowl on display.

ImageEmpire Strikes Back Insanity
VS
ImageCrossdressers

Both these teams have been on a serious roll. Two teams of destiny finally meet up but sadly one of them will get the boot and not reach the end. It is allmost like fate has guided them to this climatic showdown.

The Empire comes in beat up and playing with 2 j-men. I no longer care to be honest. They have gotten this far in the same state of affairs all tourney long it seems and they did it also in the GLT. So that obvioulsy does not concern them. They will be getting some serious inducement money so once again back to the well..Get the wizard and hope that is enough to eeck out another win.

The Dressers need to take advantage of the 11 man roster of the High Elves and punish them. Smack them down, send in the DP boot, pile on, delvier some wedgies and have the fans pelting them with 40 oz. mugs of Bugmans. Of course the biggerst concern going in is this. They proved they can bash some CD heads in. But what IF they cant seem to get any traction and hurt the Elves? Oh man they will be in trouble then. All that hard work blowing up in a "poof" at the finish line.

This is going to be a great match. I just feel it. This one will come down to the last turn of regulation.

Sticking with the Crossdressers. I just feel they will continue on their CAS streak and underman the elves to the point that they will not be able to hold off the Crossdressers in the closing turns.

Dressers win this one 3-2 in a really fun match.

ImagePink Troll Goes to Ranked
VS
ImageColorful Characters

Pink Troll brings the serious hurt into the match and will look to CLPOMB some CD scumm. These guys are formadable and will really press the CDs on the LOS. Look to get the CAS counter going, get that lone Bull out of the match and then tee off on the Hobs.

Colorful ones need to be very leery of this match up. On one hand they are concerned for their life, that CLPOMB is looking nasty. But on the other hand it is just a bunch of gobs and skaven. Easy, lay into the skaven with everything they got. Throw it all at them. Get the skaven off the pitch and then tee off on some Gobs. Tie down that pink troll, throw him into a bonfire and victory.

This is going to be a very interesting match. This one will be all about who can get the CAS first and then "lean" on your opponeet. It will be all about the tactics that go into effective CLPOMBing and counter tactics.

Oh I can pick both sides in this match. It is that close. There is no inducement money involved so I can see one or both sides adding money so they can buy some "goodies" for this match. There might just be a lot of money thrown in for inducements in this one.

Iam going with the Pink Troll Goes to Ranked in a close fought affair. 2-1 for the underworld slime and they advance to the finals.

This pick is heavily tainted by the fact that a underworld VS Zon final match up would be cool and diffrent for a major. So saying all that...the Empire and Colorful ones will both win and ruin it.

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2011 - %18:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, Crossdressers made it into the final - amazing! Good luck! Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My "inisde informant" has told me that the Crossdressers were scene at the local Home Depot this morning with a 50% off coupon. They purchesed a spade, iron spikes, 100ft of hemp rope and a toliet plunger.

Intersting purchases, wonder what they are up to?

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I just left the LC competition committe hearing this morning with Lord PurpleChest. It seems that an issue has come up regarding the Empire Strikes Back and their journeyman try outs they had 2 days ago. It seems that some "people" are concerned about the hiring practices of J-men. It seems the Empire has found a loop hole in the rules regarding J-men. Most coaches believe that j-men just wander onto the team, usually drunk, and are hired on the spot.

But according to the FUMBBL rules. Section 3:17 it states: That teams that hire J-men are expected to take the applicants in the order that the server processes them. But a coach may hire/fire j-men at his plessure until the team aquires the proper J-man. They must hire/fire and strive to reach an 11 man roster according to section 3:1 of J-men.

Well it turns out some have claimed that the Empire has found out that all J-men are not, drunk and lazy, that there is rumored to be a core of proffesional J-men out there. Usually elves who are not prone to fits of lazzyiness and drunkennes.

The investigtion centered around this guy Sylvester Coldspike evidence was presented that he has in fact played 127 games as a j-man on 126 diffrent elf teams. It goes further in stating that he has a special apoth, similar to Star Players, and that is a violation of rule: 27:3 that talks about Star Players and apoths, It is a breach of contract to have a special apoth for J-men.

And in the end they stated that Sylvester actually has 5 skills that are not assinged TV value. That he "fakes" being drunk, overweight and out of shape in order to confuse and mislead the FUMBBL refs so that he can be hired as a J-man. They also believe that the Empire is in "league" with Sylvester and believe that his hiring on at the start of the Semi final match is not a lucky thing. In fact they believe the Empire is "cheesing" the J-man rule and have a rolo dex of these professional J-men in their service.

I will get back to you later on if anything comes out of this.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2011 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well what is this? My informant that was watching the Dressers at Home Depot stayed and purchased some home improvment items, the Mrs. is allways on him about his "honey do" list and the house is in shambles. Well he saw 4 goblins come into the Home Depot, looked like they were following the dressers.

They purchased some lubricant, a chainsaw, 4 whet stones, a bag of fertilizer and 6 body bags.

He followed them out to their carriage and as they were loading up he saw they had official Pink Troll athletic bags in the back.

Now what are they up to?