11 coaches online • Server time: 04:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is trading in divX worth trying?
Yes, this is worth experimenting with.
57%
 57%  [ 82 ]
No, it would never work.
42%
 42%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 143

m0nty

Post 5 Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, the FUMBBL admins have been discussing this trading idea at some length. Some are for it, some are against. Here is my proposal for a workable trading system which (hopefully) is abuse-proof.

- Coaches can only buy players to fill legal positions in their team. This means usually that trades only happen between teams of the same race, although Allied teams can trade with single-race teams and big guys (and goblins et al) can be traded between teams of different races who can both use them. Coaches can not trade between their own teams.
- Prices are fixed. All calculated prices which don't result in multiples of 10000 are rounded up.
- Sellers only get back the cost price of their player, minus 20% of the price for each injury on the player (multiple niggles and stat decreases all count separately), for a minimum of 10k subtracted for each injury.
- Buyers pay the price calculated by the site, listed in brackets after the cost price in the team page, multiplied by 1.2. For rookie players, if this price is still under the cost price, then the cost price multiplied by 1.2 is paid.

The intention of this system is to complement the new divX negative winnings rule. It is foreseen that trading would only really be useful to coaches to sell off players to help with negative winnings to teams with lower TRs who have plenty of money to spend. There is no profit involved. Some coaches might also find it useful to sell off players to change the makeup of their team, e.g. buying a reroll instead of the extra player, or investing in a positional over a lineman or vice versa. For buyers, if you have a lot of winnings left over for some reason (e.g. News Feature), you can buy a ready-made player - although of course a lot of players who get offered to you would be unappetising for whatever reason, be they injured, or too expensive.
Surtur

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If it could be done as such... why not.

I tried to open discussion on this fact earlier this week, and some people were against it. Good that it will be tested before it's ruled out.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Who would pay more for a player than he is worth?

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain wrote:

People that have too much money and don't have the patience to build a star on their own, i'd say.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Who has too much money?

I am for that system. If the one who likes to trade pays Christer 10$ for each trade... Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
Chickenbrain wrote:

People that have too much money and don't have the patience to build a star on their own, i'd say.

Which is just like a real sporting team.
Loof

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Would this system work so that you have to find a player to trade with before anything can be done?
Or could you sell yoru players to the communal pool where everyone can browse available players and buy what they want?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it'd be a communal pool and it'd be a first come first serve affair, seeing how players will be sold at a set price.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The exact nature of the system is yet to be decided, Loof, depending on the difficulty of the various options. I think the simplest system would be a button or link on your team page named "List for Transfer" so that the player nominated from a drop-down list would appear on a group of pages that all coaches could visit, sorted by availability for various teams - e.g. all Norse positionals and linemen plus Ogres and Minotaurs would be listed for the Norse Transfer List page. The prospective buyer would then select their team and submit an offer, which the seller would then need to approve. The seller approval step is necessary to prevent sales going through while the seller is playing with his team - which would, of course, break the result of the game. Of course, if a player is transfer-listed and then through playing in further games earns more SPPs or sustains an injury or MNG result, that would void all outstanding offers from buyers.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

A transfer list
i think, aswell if a player goes onto the list there should be some limitations on his use in his current team(dont ask me why)
Instead of just buying players, you could say give them half the cash and a player of yours, to make up the cost.
What about transfer windows, so players can only be bought during sertain times,
What about loaning players Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

What about loaning players: woh. Thats one sure way to get your star player killed quickly.

Oscar Wilde
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

AN ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE IDEA!!!

The purpose of blood bowl is to build and play with your OWN players.

This isn't Fantasy Football where you draft players to play week to week.

This is SO FAR from the original intentions of the game that I can't believe it is even being considered.

EDIT : The 1st part of the idea is a good one. Let coaches suffering from the dreaded negative winnings sell off their players in an effort to get back in the black. (Just dropping them for $0 hurts the team too much.) But have these players go into a black hole never to be heard from again. So I am against buying other teams players more than anything else.

That's why we freeboot STARS if we want.

Last edited by Mully on %b %26, %2004 - %16:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Haska

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

See, this is what happens when all the "Champ Manager" players start playing Smile
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. If you like to have a Fantasy "Football" game BloodBowl isn't the worst choice. But main problem is that massive cheating would be possible. Or a lot of work to prevent such cheating.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am just against new rules... that simple! Razz

If it was up to me, the Open League would follow the Living Rulebook 100%...