46 coaches online • Server time: 14:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i don't really see it as a bad change, - just think about how casterated minotaurs were before the change... if you had a goblin 5 feet away from the minotaur, the minotaur would just stand there instead of simply moving 5 feet up and killing the little git. I like the fouling option though, - before they were angry, too angry in fact to beat the living crap out of someone on the ground... although i think it is a little strange that a minotaur could ever be to angry to beat the crap out of someone.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

AeoN2 wrote:
Am I the only one who thought WA was best as they were in the old LRB? maybe a tad overpowered, but not compared to other balance issues in BB...

--
AeoN2

Yes, you are

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i don't think i've ever seen a big guy foul...they are too valueable to risk that they should probably just remove that part from the rule.
quota

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The +2 on foul should be removed. Who in their right mind would ever foul with a BG? You can still use your blitz to move the WA of course, but if you want to waste your blitz on a move, that's fine by me.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Irit wrote:
The +2 on foul should be removed. Who in their right mind would ever foul with a BG? You can still use your blitz to move the WA of course, but if you want to waste your blitz on a move, that's fine by me.

Funny that these two are based on the same issue (wasting blitz vs wasting foul) but you view the foul as expendable and therefore able to be changed. Strictly speaking it's not hitting the root of the matter; that either way these two actions can be abused to get the +2.
Khaan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Using my foul action to move my ratogre instead?

Sure, the day i get to foul twice per turn... no infact I'd just foul twice instead.

The Boyz
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, sometimes big guys can foul, usually the little guys with dirty player are the first ones targeted for death, - little bit harder to knock over and kill a big minotaur or rat ogre. Back when i had pikachu the immortal, I gave him dirty player to help him maul people when he stood up (enjoyment was getting the blitz back then), and he broke more than a few heads with dirty player.
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, for my team, wasting a foul in order to stand up a player is a HUGE loss Razz When you have 5 dirty players (hopefully more soon), one turn not fouling is one more person who wasn't been added to my casualty difference Razz
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I say that this change has happened because all the whining about the new WA has made Jervis a tad bit desperate.

Not that I have said that I will continue by telling my opinion about the proposed change:
Why? Why give the WA a neg. trait that lies somewhere between bone head and really stupid? And one with such a loop hole as well?

My solution to the problem?
Give it some more thought! Test the different versions first before making any such changes.

just my 15 öre (or roughly 2 cent)

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Severian wrote:
Irit wrote:

Funny that these two are based on the same issue (wasting blitz vs wasting foul) but you view the foul as expendable and therefore able to be changed. Strictly speaking it's not hitting the root of the matter; that either way these two actions can be abused to get the +2.

You're right, both can be abused to move. But realistically, you'd never foul with the WA. And if you used the blitz action on it, you'd most likely blitz anyway. If the rule with +2 for a foul action holds, you're gonna see insane amounts of foul moves (with no fouling) whereas my guess is you'd see very few blitz moves wasted just to move the WA.

Personally I don't see any other solution. Now it can fail even when blocking, while blitzing becomes easier (and actually worth considering unlike now).

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, i'd take really stupid over wild animal any day of the week. you have to roll 2+ to do ANYTHING, including turning someone into a pasty smear on the ground, and a 4+ in order to move! really stupid can be assisted, which allows you to essentially turn it into a slightly nerfed version of bonehead. before wild animals were unplayable, - they still suck now, but now you can play them if your desperate. using a blitz action in order to make him hit someone is kinda a waste imho.
gken1

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

just add it to the fumbbl rules that if you declare foul and don't you'll be placed on probation or something.
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

just add it to the fumbbl rules that if you declare foul and don't you'll be placed on probation or something.

No - Don't agree - declaring a foul in order to get the +2 is a perfectly legal coaching move. What's the downside ? You lose your foul action for the turn. For those that don't foul, no big deal. But for those that do foul or have "get the ref" it might be a big deal. I say it's a valid tactic and no where in the rule book does it say you have to go through with the action. Same with declaring pass, but then deciding against it. You lose the action for the turn, but that's it.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see the option of not committing the foul anywhere in the rules. I know it's possible in the client, but in RL games, you have to foul, right?
gken1

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Quote:

No - Don't agree - declaring a foul in order to get the +2 is a perfectly legal coaching move. What's the downside ? You lose your foul action for the turn. For those that don't foul, no big deal. But for those that do foul or have "get the ref" it might be a big deal. I say it's a valid tactic and no where in the rule book does it say you have to go through with the action. Same with declaring pass, but then deciding against it. You lose the action for the turn, but that's it.

actually the rulebook says if you declare a pass action you MUST pass the ball at the end of his move.
 Jump to: