59 coaches online • Server time: 16:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Waldbaer

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

I am new to Fumbbl and skyjunkies Java-Program...so, i dowloaded the newest version from skyjunkies-hp. I was really fascinated how...letz call it lovely animated everything is..really cool Smile

But whatever, my main question is: What should I download to enhance the game fun? I mean, could someone tell me what I still need to fullfill skyjunkies work at all? So, where to get missing icons, portraits and so on?

For example...i play an undead team, and there I still miss a picture of the Starplayer Count Drakenborg...well, so i got it from a download page in the Download area. But i still need the icon and so on...

Yes, I probably could do that with all the starplayers missing, but there has to be a link where I can get everything easier, or (i could use a simple vampire icon, or create one myself...but I would love to have the original one, who wont?)?

The thing with the starplayers is the one that disturbs me most. All the icons and portrait seem to be missing...

Furthermore, i downloaded the quillicons...hope it's still new enough for that version? It's hard for me to recognize which of the downloads in the area isnt implemented in the sky-junky program already...some are and would be more of a downgrade than update (e.g. player_portraits.zip--> there are already much more and better portraits in the version of skyjunky. Some mayhaps just copy the stuff and downgrade their own program with that.).

I guess you see my problem...plz help me out!

---Thx a lot fo reading so far---

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know, it isn't possible at the moment to have icons or pics for the starplayers, but I might be mistaken. I'm sure it's possible to implement it somehow, but not ATM..
Waldbaer

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I see, pity.

Well, i found a site with at least starplayer portraits. Still missed the icons though...and am not sure if it's possible to implement the portraits at all...whatever. (Yeah, I have some ideas, but dont know if they work.)

Still wonder which updates are useful...so should I install the quillicons (they seem to be rather ok and an update at all, not downgrade though)?

Are there other things i may need during play? Dont want to see those ugly circles during my matches just because my opponent uses seldom players...

---Thx for help so far---

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You hired a star for your rookie team? Well, that'll keep the TR down anyhow...

I've never tried to customize a star player's portrait or icon - I suppose you could create your own and then edit the html yourself to include it? You are aware that Stars are only hireable as freebooters though, so your work would probably be lost after the game and you would have to reload next time you hired him.

You can edit player portraits on the player info page by clikcing on their name (if you have a gif of the vampire - or use one from the public gallery), but again I'm not entirely sure if this will 'stick' past one game - or if it will let you do it with stars at all - but you might want to give it a try.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw a game the other day where Nobbla had the right icon, complete with chainsaw.
Waldbaer

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Heheh, yeah I know that stars are freebooters...well, I have to admit that I just created that 'second' rookie team (i have a real one I am used to play with...the other was just a test) to find out, how to implement a star into the html code.

I thought, i made some faults with my first try when I created a private team in html and the program of skyjunky didnt realize the star (no portrait, no icon...but the player was there, indeed).

That was the reason I ask though.

Well, so I made that team, copied the source code into my html-creator program and made the web-site. That was then loaded from skyjunkies program and whups, the portrait still looked the same...nothing at all. And no icon of course. It was the easiest way to determine if the fault was mine or that of the program Wink

The program is guilty...hehe, there are no icons and portraits...

Next step was to post the question right in here...yeah, some kind of a vicious circle...but now, you at least understand my reasons Wink

Still wonder what to use as update for skyjunkies program *smirk*

---thx for the help so far---

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason star players don't get individual icons is because they all have the same position... Star. You can make a single icon for all star players but the client can't tell the difference between Morg and Nobbla (as far as the icons are concerned, at least).

m0nty wrote:
I saw a game the other day where Nobbla had the right icon, complete with chainsaw.

Or maybe not... you sure it wasn't in stunty leeg? Or was it the active/inactive chainsaw icon that Ski put in superimposed over a regular goblin or something?

Ok, the good news: Portraits. You can change the portraits for players on your roster. I don't know for sure about stars and freebooters (never tried it) but it should still work. It's pretty easy:
1. find an image you want to use
2. from your overview, click on the team you want to change
3. click on the player's name
4. right below his picture, there's a little link called "(Change Image)". click on that.
5. you get a bunch of pictures to choose from or a small form to upload your own
6. click on browse and find your image (from step 1)
7. hit upload and wait for it to get approved.

Yeah, I really had to drag it out to make it seven steps.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

thx, that'll help me out much...i guess, i will use this function rather often from now on Wink

Although the pictures are mostly superb, I need to 'see' my Starplayers...at least the portraits though.

thanks a lot