20 coaches online • Server time: 01:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

But would you take Pass Block if you could actually make a block after making 3 moves (a little Blitz)?

Or Thick Skull, if you could also downgrade a stunned to just prone on a 4+ as well?

Or would you take either of these skills anyway?

Oscar Wilde
f_alk

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take Pass Block on players with Disturbing presence. Even if they fall on their way, they might throw their -1 on the ball handling roll.
On1

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So.. 11 players with passblock.. 11 blitzes? crazy stuff.

but +1 what F_alk said
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass block will become very popular (when implemented) in the ffb division.

It will work wonders on:

1) people with Dist. P.
2) people with Tent.
3) people with DT.

Thick skull has always just been an extra power up for the "weak" starting teams dwarves have to field hehe

And the blitz Idea is just wacked

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thomcat wrote:

It will work wonders on:

1) people with Dist. P.
2) people with Tent.
3) people with DT.

4) Slann and other VLL players Smile
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No-one should ever take pass block, simple as.

Now if pass block worked on hand offs it could be a decent choice.
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:

but +1 what F_alk said

Well no, it would be only allowed on the thrower or receiver Smile

Oscar Wilde
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

mickael wrote:
Thomcat wrote:

It will work wonders on:

1) people with Dist. P.
2) people with Tent.
3) people with DT.

Yeah Slann blitzers are MADE for Pass block. Born with Leap (+VLL help to it) VLL (plus on interceptions) and DT

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass Block is not that good... but still it won me some games on my first year here when I took it on Wood Elf Catchers.
Interception = Game won (almost)
and moving in your opponent turn is great
and knowing he won't pass is not great, but is still good
Kick and one or two Pass Blockerscan delay your opponent a couple of turns.

So it is good as it is in my oppinion.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thomcat wrote:

Yeah Slann blitzers are MADE for Pass block. Born with Leap (+VLL help to it) VLL (plus on interceptions) and DT[/quote]

Well, then Slann Catchers and other Slann with AG4 or more are made for Pass Block. With AG3 VLL doesn't help on the intercept roll, you still need a 6. They all have Leap, so the Blitzer is nice with DT, but the Catcher is "nicer" being able to Leap twice as good and to intercept twice as good as the Blitzer.
mickael

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
Thomcat wrote:

Yeah Slann blitzers are MADE for Pass block. Born with Leap (+VLL help to it) VLL (plus on interceptions) and DT

Well, then Slann Catchers and other Slann with AG4 or more are made for Pass Block. With AG3 VLL doesn't help on the intercept roll, you still need a 6. They all have Leap, so the Blitzer is nice with DT, but the Catcher is "nicer" being able to Leap twice as good and to intercept twice as good as the Blitzer.

AG3 + VLL intercept works on 5+(*) (AG roll of 4+, -2 for intercept, +1 for VLL)
.... not so bad Wink

But agreed that catchers or others AG4 slanns are made for Pass Block: works on 4+ and can leap/dodge at 2+ to take better position

(*) obviously if not in TZ Razz
Carnis

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

They should bring back the OLD Diving tackle (free block on opponent's turn, when oppo enters your TZ Wink ).
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thomcat wrote:

It will work wonders on:

1) people with Dist. P.
2) people with Tent.
3) people with DT.

Really? You think?

I think this hasn't changed since LRB4. The only time I saw PB being of any use in 4 is when someone forgot about it because you see it so rarely. All of those helper skills that you quote exist in 4 anyway (if with different names / mechanics). And Slann? Really? I've not ran out of good skills to give mine before I think about gimmicks. They don't last long enough anyway!

I think the same rule holds. There is always a better skill to take than Pass Block. Until there isn't. And then, isn't that a lot of TV? Does he not need the boot?

The one time I had it in 4, it was on an AG4 Blodge Hobbo. It was totally useless until you got someone playing CDs who forgot about it and assumed (99% of the time, quite correctly) no CD player would have it. The four or five times it happened, no doubt my opponent panicked for the 3 seconds it took for his player to make the catch anyway.

I don't mind skills that no-one takes, mind. They are the sorts of skills best built into Stars or starting rosters. See NOS and Pro Elves - there's always a better choice than NOS too (this I suppose is slightly more contentious; but it's a belief held by more of the good coaches than not?), but it's a flavour enhancer on that roster.

Same with TS I guess; it's there to take because it exists, but unless you're getting it for free at the start, you'd not ever bother. I f you jazzed it up a bit, it would be too good / expensive for a raft of Dorfs on a starter team.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:

but +1 what F_alk said

It would have to be limited to 1 Block/Blitz during the Pass Block turn to not be too powerful.

I think if it limited that Block to the actual Thrower and/or Catcher of the ball it might make sense.

What about if Pass Block increased the odds of the ball being intercepted by +1 if a Pass Block player was in position to intercept?
Or if it decreased the odds of a Completion by -1 if the Pass Block player was in position to Intercept?
(This would be an additional -1 to the Pass above any TZ's the Pass Block player has on the Thrower or Catcher.)
What about both of those attributes? Both +1 to Intercept and -1 towards completing the Pass.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2010 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

22 Interceptions in 73 games (presumably some of the earlier games were pre-pass block. So not always a waste, just normally Smile Link