46 coaches online • Server time: 15:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gibbon13

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2011 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all

I am new to fumbbl and i cant get the ffb client working, i wonder if anyone can help. I have created a team and hit the play button (next too the team name) the client opens up and freezes for a while on the information and thank you screen.

If i click off the client it goes black and then after a while i will get the empty pitch and in the left hand side (chat box) i get the message

FantasyFootballClient Version 0.7.4
connecting to fumbbl.com/213.67.212.89:223
Retrying
Retrying
Cannot Connect to the server

Anyone know what i can do, i am using windows 7 64 bit and the latest java 6 version, I have used opera and IE. If that helps

Cheers

Gibbon
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2011 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like the server might be down? Are you on IRC? Someone can help you better there.

When you click the credits screen you should get a screen with the log in and a space to enter the game name.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2011 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Right i tried to get on irc one program couldn't find the channel at all (but i'm probably doing something wrong as its all guess work at the moment) the one on opera can't connect, and the java applet can't connect either, does this sound like its my end as I'm in uni halls and I know they try to block alot of stuff.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2011 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Gibbon13 wrote:
Right i tried to get on irc one program couldn't find the channel at all (but i'm probably doing something wrong as its all guess work at the moment) the one on opera can't connect, and the java applet can't connect either, does this sound like its my end as I'm in uni halls and I know they try to block alot of stuff.

it does look like you're getting block if you can't connect anywhere...
Gibbon13

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2011 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

anything I can do ??
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2011 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have a firewall?

Also persist with IRC, it's far easier to get things sorted once you are on.

Ah sorry you said you were in uni halls, I missed that, yeah i think their firewall is blocking you. You could get in contact with their admin and ask them to allow you to connect to this server, say you are on a java programming course and you need to connect to learn... yadda yadda yadda.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2011 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

A mate tried that for something else and they said they wouldn't budge unless the head of department ( or someone like that) contacted them. I guess i'm stuffed.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2011 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

speak to the head of department. block him with 3 dice then CPOMB him, that should work Smile