46 coaches online • Server time: 19:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CD Overpowered!
Yes!
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
No!
77%
 77%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 45

Whario

Post 8 Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Can Anyone please tell me how to manage playing CD teams, when they have some skills like MB, PO and CLAWS!

And dont come saying dodge away...

If u have a AG 3 team thats not even an option...since I always roll 1 on dodge!

My teams get crippled ALL the time...

Help me!

And when I play Basher team, I dont even KO a single av7 guy!

Sick n tired of this!
dode74

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

No pie?
blader4411

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, because they have Claw, MB, PO.

Totally not overpowered because of their increased ballhandling skills compared to other teams like Chaos or Nurgle, both noted for being ClawPOMBers.

...Enjoy Ranked cherrypicking.

-Blader
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice: concede less.

And foul more.

Last edited by pythrr on %b %09, %2011 - %20:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Edited.

Careful Whario.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried dodging aw....oh right.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop playing amazons? At least don't get surprised when a team whose sole value lies in their DODGE gets beat up by a team that starts with 6 tackle players...
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazon teams are always going to have trouble with dwarves. That is just the nature of the thing.

If you choose to start up another Amazon team at some point, and you play chaos dwarves, you should probably focus on keeping players out of tackle zones and having some other players free to assist. (Guard helps.) Spread out your players -- chaos dwarves are most dangerous when they're huddling together on the line. The thinner you stretch them, the more they start looking like what they are: MA4 ST3 guys. Zombies with tackle.

And yes, a few well-placed fouls are probably worthwhile. Remember -- they only have 6 dwarves. If you can knock a couple off the pitch, they have to lean on hobgoblins (terrible) and bull centaurs (strong, but not usually optimized for casualties). You have cheap linos, and if you give a couple of them DP and let them foul, it's no huge sacrifice should they get booted.

I mean, ultimately, there's one consolation: against Amazons, claw is a wasted pick.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

mmh.. another one of those 'tis race is overpowerd'. What race will be next?
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss when it was wood elves. I miss the attention.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Whario wrote:

Sick n tired of this!

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3220550

First of all, you only want to remember the bad matches. How come you dont remember this match? Plus you even did not have MB, CLAW or PO to help you. And just because you play a basher team does not equal that you cas the other team.

Whario wrote:

My teams get crippled ALL the time...

Help me!

I just looked at a few of your matches, like 10 latest or so. Those that you lose, is where you have like 10 or 20blocks less than your opponent. You need to start learn to position better and throw more blocks.

To put it bluntly, you are not yet good at BB. Begin to spectate good coaches and learn from your mistakes and get better. Good luck Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, you keep conceding. 4 times in just one page of games. Stop it. It just encourages bashers.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Whario wrote:

Sick n tired of this!

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3220550

First of all, you only want to remember the bad matches. How come you dont remember this match? Plus you even did not have MB, CLAW or PO to help you. And just because you play a basher team does not equal that you cas the other team.

To be fair he said he couldn't break AV7. Halflings are clearly AV6 Smile
hizard

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is pie?
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2011 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi whario,
i watched the replay and i have to admit you put up a good and brave fight against a very strong opponent who did all he could to bash the hell out of your team and also fouled a lot.
Until the 6th turn of the first half you could still win the game, you had some really very bad turns 7 and 8. After these turns the game was won for your opponent. If you wouldn't have really very much luck in the second half (blitz or opponent unable to pick up the ball), your game would be lost. You didn't have the luck and conceded the game and that was perfectly sane. Some thoughts on your game: first, admit it you like to bash yourself with your zons, you had a strong team that had to compete vs. a stronger team so you were outbashed, such things happen all the time, dwarf blockers are perfect against all dodgers like amazons for instance. second, you fought bravely and didn't want to give in, not a bad idea, you had fighting spirit and first tried the possible and later on the impossible. If your team is heavily outnumbered, run away, lie down, give up the fight, try to get as few cas as possible, don't try to win anymore it won't work, just try to save your team.
Some ideas why you might have lost: you made an early touchdown with your zons, maybe you should have stalled one or two turns more, to make it more difficult for your opponent to score in your half. Also your opponnet was quite lucky as all his fouls just meant one bann, maybe you should have fouled back, not only to hurt him, but also to get your players banned so they can't be injured. Another advice, get the kick skill so it get's harder for your opponent to pick up the ball. Last advice swallow your pride, don't be stubborn, sometimes you just can't win, then you should put the priority in saving your team, not winning the match anymore, woodies have to make such decisions all the time Smile. If you really, really hate being outbashed play a killer CD-team yourself and foul every turn Smile
 Jump to: