47 coaches online • Server time: 01:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
This is available as a tournament option for L. In the official tournaments, we stick to the normal 4 minute limit.

Does that mean no more Speed Freak Challenges in [R]?
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 10:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

As far as I can see, the last one was conducted in April 2010. The interest in them seems to have been lost.

That being said, they're still officially available.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

As far as I can see, the last one was conducted in April 2010. The interest in them seems to have been lost.

That being said, they're still officially available.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Belphegor

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Sometimes lag gets in the way of a speedy game. My previous game today for example. Every time I wanted to select a player it took 5 seconds to select. Then after choosing an action 5 seconds to perform that action. Then 5 more seconds to end that players turn. Without taking any time to think at all each turn was already pushing 55 seconds. Select the wrong player once and that adds 10 seconds to the turn. Want to check how many dice a certain Block will be... that'll be 10 more seconds. And so on.

I could play every turn I have ever faced in 2 minutes if I didn't have to deal with lag. But I cannot control when I will have lag and when I will not have lag. I also cannot control how complex or how simple the set of decisions I will be facing from turn to turn. Players must think about the game very differently if they are facing Elves instead of Humans, or Lizardmen instead of Slann, or Orcs instead of Ogres. And then what about Noobs? Whether they are noobs to the game of Blood Bowl... or noobs with the kind of team they are using... or noobs facing the kind of team you are using.

4 minute turns say the rules. Get used to it. Games should last an hour on average. Sometimes they go faster. Sometimes they go longer. I always find something productive to do when playing a slow player. Organize your sock drawer or something mundane like that.

All that is why I am saying it should be an OPTION. If you want four min turns fine by me...
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

2 minute turns would be really good in 7s as well.

Oscar Wilde
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2011 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
2 minute turns would be really good in 7s as well.

I believe there's an option when creating a league to set the turn-time.