53 coaches online • Server time: 19:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
I cannot think of a time when a NFL O-line men blocked two opposing linemen at once. I've seen NFL Line men block players into others, but it is usually unententional.

What about when O-linemen double up on such stars as Reggie white, or the Fridge? and those two still manage to get the sack? That is how I picture Multiple block working. 1 guy powering past two. And if they run a stunt, then those guys are also getting assists against them from a linebacker or Defensive Tackle.

Asperon Thorn
Mnemok

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

A fine note to all players that use dauntless/multiblock, I don´t know how it´s implemented in the Java-version, but it probably wouldn´t be allowed to use the trait versus two or more players. Otherwise I agree with Mully, the situation with the two linemen should (realisticly) be identical. But since, in my opinion, that would be too easy to abuse I must agree with GorTex. The start scenario with the mummy should only be one bd anything else and the skill is broken.

BTW the rules states nothing about treating the players like one player, it says they suffer the effects of the block equally.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It is allowed to use dauntless to a multi-block..it may even be in a FAQ or something somewhere...

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemok wrote:
A fine note to all players that use dauntless/multiblock, I don´t know how it´s implemented in the Java-version, but it probably wouldn´t be allowed to use the trait versus two or more players.

From the 2002 rules review:

Quote:

Q: Can I use Frenzy or Dauntless on a Multiple Block?

A: Frenzy, no; Dauntless, yes.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

No, dauntless does work with multi block this was explained in a rules review FAQ I'm sure....

There's alot of people that call any rule they dont personally like 'broken' or 'being abused' to make it look somehow wrong... it is in no way being used like PO was. Damnit the skill is fine stop whining. Rolling Eyes
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The skill is great..I use it alot. All I've been trying to point out is that the client does not follow the LRB rules on multiblock (actually making it an easier skill to use in the JavaClient).

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing multi block changes (slightly unfairly) is that Troll Slayers with it can choose not to follow up. Hows that for 'broken'. Now you set up your troll slayers on the line next to two guard players and you don't suffer the consequences of frenzy. Thats a tough line right there. Targets of a block don't exert a tackle zone. Why should it be any different when two guys are the target instead of one?
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I posted the latest thread on this at TBB, and the consensus there is running against how the client currently handles it, however, there has been no answer from anyone associated with the BBRC so its certainly not in any way official.

I guess this does make multiblock MUCH more appealing...
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The obvious way to avoid abuse, is to NOT put your guys next to each other when there is a strong Multiblocker running around.

Asperon Thorn
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

yea..makes em easier to pick off that way, since they aren't supporting each other well Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed even with 1 Multi block player, coaches spread out against my Khermi. Now add 3 or 4 of them, then you got to watch where you place players.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
yea..makes em easier to pick off that way, since they aren't supporting each other well Wink

Not true, they can support each other fine from one space away, and Not get multiblocked.

You should watch some of Grumble's games, he is never out of position, doesn't leave guys together, often, and doesn't allow his players to be picked off. (It's uncanny really)

Asperon Thorn
Mnemok

Post 18 Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:

There's alot of people that call any rule they dont personally like 'broken' or 'being abused' to make it look somehow wrong... it is in no way being used like PO was. Damnit the skill is fine stop whining. Rolling Eyes

Well I see some people convert to crying if their favorite skill is criticized.
Well to explain my point of view. It shouldn´t be easier to block two players than one. If all defenders have guard and the attacker has dauntless/mulitblock and his frienda (a) is helping him. Without multiblock he would get 2bd against him. But with mulitblock he suddenly gets 2bd.
Well, well, lets all start getting multiblock.

...d
...db
.ada

The rules says both sides can give assists as usual. But the players (a) is in more than one TZ, ergo could not give assist, unless guard is used.

Last edited by Mnemok on %b %05, %2004 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Freefragger

Post 14 Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well do what BadMrMojo says... that usually makes sense... And yes I did read what he said first...
Still it should be possible for players in the first example to add assists, the two players being hit is obviusly busy with getting out of harms way of the mummy, why shouldn't players next to the mummy be able to grab them to see the mummy smash the pesky opponents to something not even an elf coach would use on he´s team..... As mentioned by BadMrMojo, the whole issue is adding strengt together also count in counting TZ....
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking the rule for Multiple Block again, I noticed something (rather, someone on TBB pointed it out)
Code:
<pg 36 of the LRB>
Multiple Block (Strength Skill)
The player is allowed to block two opposing players at the same time. The
opposing players must be next to the player making the block and next to each
other. Their strengths are added together and both suffer the effects of the
block equally. Both sides may use assists normally.

No where in this does it say that the two players are counted as one player..it just says to add their strengths together and that they both suffer the effects of the block equally...

Does someone know of a rule that says the two players count as one player?? anyone?
 Jump to: