49 coaches online • Server time: 21:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Is discussing coach rating an unFumbbl like thing to do?

Edit:
The dude even appears to be a supporter. Or is that a bug.

Discussing non-fummbl ranking systems seems like a RL thread to me. Has nowt to do with fumbbl.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Edit:

Yeah, very odd. Good on him if he is.

Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Even though he doesn't play on FUMBBL, this doesn't mean he couldn't give nice suggestions.
Maths are maths.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %13, %2011 - %17:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
As long as you don't participate on this site, and just throw out random stuff, Im moving your threads to RL BB... Enjoy.

I think it's fair enough for this thread to be in RL BB (although it does have crossover potential) but what about threads which are specifically Fumbbl related or which rely on Fumbbl specific data?

I'm not having a go, just figured that forum discussion and spectating were part of the Fumbbl experience. I know i read and watched stuff well before I played a game.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, like, what the hell?? Not everyone may take to VM's rhetoric, but he certainly contributes and 'participates' more than... just about anyone. At face value, he's just a guy who really likes BB, and isn't this the site to talk about BB?? And to call his posts "random stuff" is unequivocally insulting on a personal level-- not something an admin should do. By comparison, BGG moderators would never stoop to such a level.

I'm really struggling to comprehend how the site administrators can complain about people "bashing" them, and then pull petulant moves like this.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
koadah wrote:
Is discussing coach rating an unFumbbl like thing to do?

Edit:

Discussing non-fummbl ranking systems seems like a RL thread to me. Has nowt to do with fumbbl.

If implemented it would be a lot more use to Fumbbl than anyone else.

Am I not allowed to discuss Sprints either?

What did Christer build the API for if not for people to do 'non Fumbbl' things with the data.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

the vast vast majority of pythrrs posts have nothing to do with fumbbl, he should be banned
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
Yeah, like, what the hell?? Not everyone may take to VM's rhetoric, but he certainly contributes and 'participates' more than... just about anyone. At face value, he's just a guy who really likes BB, and isn't this the site to talk about BB?? And to call his posts "random stuff" is unequivocally insulting on a personal level-- not something an admin should do. By comparison, BGG moderators would never stoop to such a level.

I'm really struggling to comprehend how the site administrators can complain about people "bashing" them, and then pull petulant moves like this.

What crack are you on? All they did was move the thread to another subforum. It's not as if they locked it or anything...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
the vast vast majority of pythrrs posts have nothing to do with fumbbl, he should be banned

um. no one has been banned. if you want to move my posts to a RL subforum, go for your life....
Carnis

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

No idea why this was moved to RL BB.

That being said I dont think basing it solely on TD difference would work.

I'd include the average for that matchup, and beating that average.. So I'd probably look at:

TD difference (actual vs average) - Good coaches are good defenders, this does not necessarily translate into 5-0 though. 1-0 should be as good as 2-1. 2-0 should be slightly better than 1-0.
CAS difference (actual vs average) - Good coaches are better blockers, give out less blocks, usually block more, have better built teams for blocking/getting blocked.

(Blocks blocked vs blocks against may correlate with win% but I have some doubts about this).

Not sure if I'd include any other stats in it..

I would split the data dynamically, maybe lowest 70% TV-games vs highest 30% TV-games. To be able to get enough matchups for comparison in both brackets, if no matchup data for said game is available assume it to be +-0 for both (like halflings at high tv vs anything is likely not to be shown on the numbers).

Not sure how to handle games which go between, probably according to higher TV team, because the lower gets handicaps to equalize the TV diff.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:

Reading comprehension 101: the thread has nothing to do with fumbbl (as Woodstock said).
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Carnis wrote:

Reading comprehension 101: the thread has nothing to do with fumbbl (as Woodstock said).

Right. Because Woodstock said so.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Carnis wrote:

Right. Because Woodstock said so.

Um. Yes. Seeing the Woodstock is the admin who makes such decisions (in this case his opinion = decision = ruling as to whether a topic is RL or not) ....
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

also, peace, love, and hugs.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

No, he'll be moved to RL too. He will be in your living room.