29 coaches online • Server time: 10:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ninjahamster

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, I was recently made redundant, and whilst i've been job searching i've been trying my hand at app development and i've come up with a little android app that simulates all the dice rolls involved in a tabletop game of Blood Bowl and also gives you the text for the weather/kick off/injury rolls.

D6 & D8 Dice
Block Dice
Weather Rolls
Kick Off Rolls
Injury Rolls

There's a free version, or if you want to support a struggling developer and gamer you can buy an 'enhanced' version for £1.50 Wink

You can get it searching on the Android Market for 'BB Dice' or 'Blood Bowl' and look for the app from Ninjahamster Studios, or click the link below, or scan in the below barcodes on your phone.

Paid version - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ninjahamster.android.BbDice

Free version - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ninjahamster.android.BbDiceLite

Should work on all Android phones/tablets - let me know if there are any problems/comments/features you'd like to see.

More details and screenshots can be found on my website: http://ninjahamsterstudios.wordpress.com/

Thanks for looking and hopefully some people will find it useful/interesting - I'm open to further ideas/functions, and will be updating regularly.

Cheers

Jimmy
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, now make it so I can play FUMBBL on my phone Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work, good luck to you. Just a word of warning that GW are notoriously anal about what they perceive to be their IP. I hope they don't come after you, but be prepared that they might, sadly.
ninjahamster

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I realise I may have to make some changes, but as the info is freely available in the PDF rules then hopefully i'll be ok.

Thanks for looking - and Kinks, that might be a longer term project Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I so badly want fumbbl to work on my iPad!!
Collins254

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

hahahahahahah u have an ipad... ul never get it to work, now anyone with an android tablet, shall be happy to know you can play fumbbl on your tablet because its flash compatible, as can some android phones (im not sure of the full list but i know some can) and thanks for the app i just downloaded it, was looking for something like this for a while, i found one similar but they tried too hard and over complicated the whole system of it =]

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
I so badly want fumbbl to work on my iPad!!

I believe you can get it to work on your Ipad. I seem to remeber someone got it to work. But you had to be in your house and i think the person that got it to work had it running on their computer but used some app on the Ipad to control the computer from another room. Not qquite the same I know but its a start Wink
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Collins254 wrote:
hahahahahahah u have an ipad... ul never get it to work, now anyone with an android tablet, shall be happy to know you can play fumbbl on your tablet because its flash compatible

Whats flash got to do with it?

And you can play fumbbl on your Ipad. if you do some serching there is a thread about what app to get to play it via your computer.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Collins254

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

yes but then your not playing it on your ipad your playing it on your computer and hosting the image on the ipad, and flash matters coz you need java flash player to play the FFB client, and you can proxy using the Ipads version of flash player to host the image, which is how the ipad can still play videos etc... but if your on a business trip and in a hotel with wifi, or for some strange reason are in a resturant with wifi and have an hour or 2 to kill with nothing else to do, you still cant play it on your ipad, now a good android touchpad or phone with 3g connection could even on a long bus or train journey where there is no wifi available, but it would probably be quite laggy with a few DC depending on the area, i know if i could play a match and know i could finish in under an hour i get great signal from aberdare to cardiff on the train.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

An update has just been uploaded after an error was found when you clicked the button multiple times - thanks for looking guys.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Collins254 wrote:
yes but then your not playing it on your ipad your playing it on your computer and hosting the image on the ipad, and flash matters coz you need java flash player to play the FFB client, and you can proxy using the Ipads version of flash player to host the image, which is how the ipad can still play videos etc... but if your on a business trip and in a hotel with wifi, or for some strange reason are in a resturant with wifi and have an hour or 2 to kill with nothing else to do, you still cant play it on your ipad, now a good android touchpad or phone with 3g connection could even on a long bus or train journey where there is no wifi available, but it would probably be quite laggy with a few DC depending on the area, i know if i could play a match and know i could finish in under an hour i get great signal from aberdare to cardiff on the train.

So many wrongs here i have to say something.
FFB have nothing to do with flash. Java and flash are two completely different programming-languages and as far as i know there is no android software which have full java support so that it support FFB.

The thing people did with the ipad was using a program to remote connect to your computer back home, if that computer is running there would be nothing that stops you from playing from the train via your computer.
ninjahamster

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, I don't think there's a full java implementation for android atm, although android programming uses Java as it's base, so you could probably hack it together - the main problem I see is resolution, trying to fit the board on a phone screen would make it teeny tiny, and scrolling around would be a bit rubbish too.

But as Lakrillo says, as long as you have a net connection, and a static IP you should be able to use VNC, remote desktop or the like to control your home computer from anywhere - lag would probably be a bit of a pain, but as Fumbbl is turn based it wouldn't be too bad.

If only I had the 400quid to spend on a tablet i'd give it a go (only need to sell 400copies of my app) Wink Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wallace wrote:
Great work, good luck to you. Just a word of warning that GW are notoriously anal about what they perceive to be their IP. I hope they don't come after you, but be prepared that they might, sadly.

Just inform any user that 'they must confirm that they own a copy of the tabletop game' and then everything's ok, right? =P
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ninjahamster wrote:
yeah, I don't think there's a full java implementation for android atm, although android programming uses Java as it's base, so you could probably hack it together - the main problem I see is resolution, trying to fit the board on a phone screen would make it teeny tiny, and scrolling around would be a bit rubbish too.

But as Lakrillo says, as long as you have a net connection, and a static IP you should be able to use VNC, remote desktop or the like to control your home computer from anywhere - lag would probably be a bit of a pain, but as Fumbbl is turn based it wouldn't be too bad.

If only I had the 400quid to spend on a tablet i'd give it a go (only need to sell 400copies of my app) Wink Wink

I think the main problem isn't the visual resolution, it's touch resolution and lack of distinction between mouseover and click.
Ever lose a game due to misclicks? Imagine using your thick nerdy fingers on a smartphone. No thanks....
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Collins254 wrote:
hahahahahahah u have an ipad... ul never get it to work, now anyone with an android tablet, shall be happy to know you can play fumbbl on your tablet because its flash compatible, as can some android phones (im not sure of the full list but i know some can) and thanks for the app i just downloaded it, was looking for something like this for a while, i found one similar but they tried too hard and over complicated the whole system of it =]

HA HA!

/points
 Jump to: