51 coaches online • Server time: 15:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like Box pairing by Fan Factor?
Yes, that would be better than sliced bread!
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Yes, that would be as good system as many others.
28%
 28%  [ 12 ]
Dunno, I have no feeling about it.
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No, that would be as bad suggestion as many others.
28%
 28%  [ 12 ]
No, that would be the worst change for some time!
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Was this the queue to PIE or the restroom?
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2011 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't Dode already bring up this exact same subject, which was discussed and you're just regurgitating it? What are you trying to do with this topic? It'll obviously cause tension.

Also why do we need to change it? For better pairings? I don't really see the need in this. For me I'd like to see it changed, to help out with the team buidling problems that CRP/TV has caused.

So personally I like the idea in theory, but maybe for different reasons. However something would have to be done with grandfathered teams. The other thing I don't like (if we are using Dode's template) is to still give inducements on TV. It kind of makes the idea pointless to me.

Also how would it be better than matching with a last 10 win/loss record for example?

Possibly a matching of FF/TV/Win-Loss record would be a good way to go. No idea on what % each though.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2011 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

this is a great idea

+5

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2011 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Didn't Dode already bring up this exact same subject, which was discussed and you're just regurgitating it? What are you trying to do with this topic? It'll obviously cause tension.

Thank you for your very direct question.

I skimmed the thread you mentioned, I presume it is this: http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20891

That thread is about the 15%-TV rule. In my intention, this thread is not about the TV thing of any team. In my intention, this thread is about the FF of different teams.

Personally, I really like the FF's characteristic that it stocastically tracks the win-record. That is why I made a topic about a subject I like in the appropriate forum.

Also, I remember that Christer has mentioned that he is thinking also about the Box play when he made the Ranked pairing changes. I do not know what he will do, when he will do or will he do anything at all. I do not remember anyone else suggesting FF pairing before, therefore I think it is a warranted piece of discussion.

@Wreckage:

Thank you for your input. If I remember it right, BWR pairing has been tried and people was deemed not to like it. If you want to start a thread to discuss the benefits and pitfalls of BWR pairing, I would like to encourage you to do so. Personally, I find that subject also interesting. Still, that is why I didn't make this thread about BWR pairing - it is different than FF pairing.

I think your point about tie games is interesting. I feel I don't completely agree with your point of getting (unfair?) disadvantage to high FF teams - I feel neither of them would get extra inducements as per the high FF of the opposition, as they would have about the same amount of FF. Wink

As for the grandfathered teams, I feel that there are only few people on the site that would like to give them extra soft treatement.

Thank you all for your input on the matter. As always, these are only my opinions on the matter. If you have other thoughts about FF pairing, please tell about them.
 Jump to: